Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hard Truth and Dumb Love (Sterling and Galilei)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Thomas Galilei

Blood Potency: O O
    Presence: O O O (Dignified)
    O Status: Lancea Sanctum
    O Status: Domain
    O Status: Ventrue
    OO Distinctive Voice: Quiet Certainty

PRE

"Lover?" Thomas smiles. "Alas, the clergy frowns upon such things. Why? Feeling jealous? I'm more than intent on more than that: call me obsessed, impassioned . . . to draw all into God's affairs, which are ours as well. Don't worry: Mr. Travis will never take your place in my heart." He winks.

Thomas nods. "I do have a certain fondness for Latin. Some may not be able to speak it, but, it might be a good idea to teach our fellows. Speaking a dead language gives our dear Masquerade another layer of insulation. In these matters, I defer to your finer taste." He hadn't known she spoke so many languages; he should have assumed as much.
    =====================
    Active Effects: Blush; Kamen: Tatemae (Perfect Calm)

Scenes

=====================

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

"Jealous?" the Lady echoed, a hand rising to her chest and her brows arching, as though asking, who me? in pantomime. "No, not at all. I merely find that, when building relations between two individuals, things become infinitely more complicated when yet another is brought into the fold. We would do better to limit the scope of our conversation to ourselves, for the present. How might we possibly cope with the nature of a coterie if we cannot even focus upon ourselves for a mere 10 minutes? And I am pleased you agree with the Latin," she continued, suddenly reverting the topic of conversation. "Let us use that, then. And, if you had not already guessed, by agreeing to this name I agree with your suggested purpose. Let us sharpen those around us, and by doing so, sharpen ourselves."

Thomas Galilei

PRE

"Comitatensis Fabrica Animae . . ." Thomas tries the words out, listens to how they sound. "Pretentious, do you think? I hope not. Although, I suppose there are worse things to appear."

He stands, paces. "Comitatensis Fabrica Animae." It feels better the more he says it. "It abbreviates well anyway: CFA." He might be naming their child for all the concern he shows. "Yes, let us limit it to ourselves for now. Is there a process in this Domain for creating a coterie?" It's important to him that it be done correctly. "How do you imagine your role? And mine? Beyond that of our greater purpose." Such questions might be premature--you can't steer a car that isn't moving, but he thinks to do her the honor of asking--it is her idea after all.
    =====================

Scenes

=====================

Thomas Galilei

PRE

Thomas thanks Josephine: for showing at all, for her generous offer . . . for letting him get to know her.

"I look forward to seeing God's hand at work through you in this city. You can call upon me for help with anything."

He resigns himself to his chambers to pray: for insight about his purpose, for upcoming events--Anointing, Creation Rite, Coterie . . . His prayer consists mostly of the words, "Thank" and "You."

OOC: Closing Thread due to a continuity oversight on my part with regard to the location. I think we were near to the end though, and can communicate remaining details otherwise. Thanks for the awesome convo!
    =====================

Scenes

=====================

PRE

Josephine promised to make her wishes known for the rites shortly, and after wishing the father a good evening, made her exit.

We must scene again soon!

7. Likes Brownlee liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread