Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Old Soldiers, New Friends (Travis and Galilei)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Thomas Galilei

Blood Potency: O O
    Presence: O O O (Dignified)
    O Status: Lancea Sanctum
    O Status: Domain
    O Status: Ventrue
    OO Distinctive Voice: Quiet Certainty

PRE

Iltani? Thomas doesn't know the name, but the revelation is more for Erim than for him. "She seems like a new lead you could follow up on, while waiting to hear from Abgal? You may even want to reexamine what you already know in light of her."

Thomas thinks a second of who might be able to help him follow that thread. "You might consider talking to David Regan. Mekhet. Mortician. He's pretty knowledgeable about Egyptian Lore. I'm not sure if his expertise extends that far north, but he might be able to refer you to someone?"

"Can you tell me anymore about how Iltani changes the meaning of the dream?" Thomas thinks to offer a prayer for the man--it sounds like he'll need it--but decides against it. Best not to impose his faith. Erim knew and would ask if and when he wanted. And nothing would stop Thomas from making the prayers in private.
    =====================
    Active Effects: Blush; Kamen: Tatemae (Perfect Calm)

Scenes

=====================

PRE

Thomas was probably right. If Abgal wasn't going to give any more pertinent instructions, Michael would need to stay active. His mental health depended on it.

"I may look up Mr. Regan at some point, then. I've already contacted a Dr. French to exchange some knowledge. The more resources I have, the better." Michael rubs his chin again. He isn't sure how much to reveal to the priest. It isn't a lack of trust - Thomas had earned that already - so much as an an attempt to protect him. The wrong knowledge in the wrong hands could put Michael and Thomas at odds, and Michael hopes it won't come to that.

"Unfortunately, for me, Iltani's familiarity with me seems to suggest that I am somehow a part of this 'plague'. It might be symbolism, rather than actual scorpions - or it could just be scorpions."

Thomas Galilei

PRE

"Dr. French? I don't know her." He's right about the resources bit. In so short a time, Erim's social circles had already exceeded Thomas' own. An impressive stint of action; Thomas hopes he has staying power.

"True--a scorpion might be just that. In truth, that interpretation is preferable. Enough boots . . . problem solved." Thomas smiles through his concern. "I'll pray against the possibility that you are part of that plague. Beware of making it so by believing it so . . . I'm optimistic, though--I've seen how the thought sours your face, and also seen the power of your action in social interaction. Put that will of yours behind your desire that it not be so, and I won't worry a bit."

Thomas rises, signalling that he ought to be about some ministry. "Won't stop me from praying though." He winks. "I hope that if you find your accommodations lacking in any way, you'll let me know, or take the liberty to adjust them yourself. You'll find me just in the other room if you need me for anything at all."
    =====================

Scenes

=====================

PRE

Michael smiles, in spite of his troubles. "I appreciate that." Thomas seems to be no stranger to humble service - not unbecoming of a man of faith.

A beat. Michael perks up a bit, remembering something. "Are you familiar with a Mr. Richard Black? Another new face in town who, as it turns out, is actually looking for work - in stone working. I've offered to pay the man for commissioning statues or even repairs. You might want to think about a new addition to this old place." Michael's use of the word 'old' carries a certain fondness. "I'll leave his contact information with you, if you like. You can give him specifics and I can cut the check. I'm happy to do so. Beyond that, I won't keep you from your business."
    SoraLow

OOC

Thomas Galilei

PRE

"Mr. Richard Black, was it? I think a sculpture is a grand idea. And basic repairs . . . yes. Perhaps we should invite him to survey the church, gives us an estimate for his services. I'll contact him at my earliest convenience . . . soon, I hope." He meets Mr. Travis' eyes . . . no, Erim's. "I'm excited about your drawing folk into our fold, Erim. And I'm pleased to call you friend. You and your dreams will remain in my prayers." With that, Thomas bows, and then turns to leave.

Another Great Scene

@%1;
    =====================

Scenes

=====================

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread