Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
THREADID

Beer and Spirits (Private)

W
    Walker

Marcus sat on a park bench, watching the sun go down. He'd scouted out the environs for any sign of pure, and for once in this luna-forsaken city, he didn't find any. Ergo, he was taking a couple of moments out of his busy schedule of not being killed to just sit back and listen, letting the sounds of this anemic second cousin to the wildernesses of bygone days wash away the tension of being what some (lunatics) thought was the ultimate predator, and yet having to scamper around the city as prey to the dime-a-dozen pychopaths that were to the Uratha what this park was to the great forests of the north.

There might have been people passing him, he couldn't really bring himself to care. Whose going to wander up to the spaced out tramp on the park bench, he's almost certainly high and certainly not our type of person. And so the Herd did what herds do, and Marcus watched the amber stains of sunset drain from the sky, occasionally withdrawing a beer from the cooler beneath the bench. It wasn't often that he got time to cool off, and after making sure it was safe he'd dug into his pockets and bought something to celebrate with. He wasn't to concerned about ambushers, his otherworldy metabolism took care of the beer, and the machete that was concealed under his coat would take care of everything else. Well almost everything else, which was why Marcus had bought a cooler's worth of beer rather than a six pack. He was expecting company.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Head down, baseball cap low, Aeneas padded through the park. The herd moved aside and why wouldn't they: the Irraka looked like a cliche of the redneck hill billy with his mangled teeth and his long jaw; his eyes were narrowed, suspicious; and his hair was unkempt. Scent of cigarette, long dried sweat, earth, clung to him.

Aeneas raggedy, rubbery, mouth flexed into a hideous grin as he drew level with the bench.

"Ah see ya."

It was probably the best greeting the lack witted wold could manage.

W
    Walker

Marcus smiled toothily back at Aeneas, however much like he seemed to have been torn from the cast of Deliverance, he was a packmate and Irraka, Everything else could go take a dive under a bus for all he cared. He tossed a beer can dripping with icewater up to him."Take a pew, the view's great."

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

The rangy Irraka clambered onto the bench, perching himself precariously on the back of the bench, his feet planted firmly on the seat. Sitting as he did, hunched over with his grim mouth and narrowed eye, he looked very much like a hairy gargoyle, rank with threat. The lecherous leer that came and went didn't help, either.

"It is. It is. Good to see some green. Land's parched. Hunting not so good."

W
    Walker

"Yeah. Though the opposite's not too great either. Least you can find things in the heat. I remember a couple a' times up north where it pissed it down so hard you could barely see past your nose." He took a final gulp from his can before crushing it flat and tossing it at a nearby bin. "Been meaning to ask you 'bout something. Before I came down here I did a few things I'm not particularly proud off, pissed off the other side something fierce, very nasty business all round."

He paused, wrestling the memories that boiled up back into submission. A bloody face reared in his mind's eye, and a phantom shotgun blast echoed in his ears, and he screwed his eyes shut in concentration as he wrenched the door closed on that particular vault of memories. "I got lucky, got a chance to clean my slate and took it. Problem is, bit more got cleaned away than I planned for. I guess what I'm saying is, do you mind helping me put things back together?

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas turned sharply to face Marcus, his face a frown and his eye twitching as he slowly worked out what the other Irakka was saying. The fleshy mouth worked silently, but nothing came out.

Then: "Ah... Uh... Muh... Ah! Yeah! Uh... Talk to an..." He paused, shot a malevolent glare at anyone passing to close. "An Elodoth." He nodded carefully. As a sage would. "Ah think."

W
    Walker

Marcus absentmindedly scratched at one of the old scars on his hands and said. "Nah, the tricks I need back are a bit more close to home." He made a few little motions with his hands in the air. "You know, keepin' those bastards off our scent, stayin' out of sight. Things like that." Besides, old habits died hard, and even though he hadn't been Storm Lord for a good few years, he still didn't much like spreading word around of his weakness.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas eyeballed Marcus through a squinted eye and scratched emphatically at an armpit.

"If you is talkin' 'bout learnin'... then you need yerself a spirit guide." He paused, looked around. Graced one of the herd who came too close with a lascivious smile that spoke volumes of meaning. Waited. Scowled.

"You be lookin' fer spirits o' the night. Or night critters, yo. Them's the ones with sneaky tricks to share if ye ken." He spoke quickly, quietly, tapped his nose with a finger. "For that you gonna have to do the walk. Go over, track one. Pays its price or... uh... make it pay your price... um... Ah think?" He cocked his head to one side and thought really hard. It was too much and he batted the thought away with a swipe of his hand.

"You won't find it by book learnin'. Do or do not as the wise old man, he say." He paused and chuckled. "Wise old man. He green - haw!"

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.