Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
A Lovely Night for a Swim (Private)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin burst out laughing, recalling the line to get yer dick sucked with great amusement. "He was a priest. Galilei is his name. He's okay." That was as far as he could say for the fellow. He didn't really deserve to be embarrassed in Court, but that was thoroughly someone else's problem.

As for the social gatherings?

"I agree wholeheartedly. It's by choice. I work a lot, and I enjoy what I do."
    He leaned in slightly. The Menace carried the meaning for him. "Protecting the club I belong to is what I prefer to be doing. It just so happens that sometimes that club enjoys putting on a good party."

He smiled at her final question. It was so subjective, who he'd recommend to who.

"It depends. Is there any particular club you're a member of?"

Sending each to their proper place was important.

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva’s forehead raised at the mention of a priest. “Oh…” She wasn’t entirely sure what to think of that, but it intrigued her. Wouldn’t he love to hear my confessions.

The blonde's head moved back with a slightly puzzled expression. “If your club is the one who throws the parties, and you are to protect your club, then is it really a choice whether you’re there or not?” Vivian chuckled slightly as she pieced it all together.

“No…? No club of any sort yet.” The Daeva’s head turned into their small circle, curious as to why that mattered. “I meant despite that. There aren’t other persons of interest around the city to meet, club or no club?” Vivian paused a moment, letting her fingertips ripple beneath the water. “Is there some sort of unwritten rule in this city; as in it’s a requirement to join a club?”

The Domain thus far was more confusing than the previous. Figuring out who was worth devoting time to was difficult thus far. It would ultimately make up her choice about many things. But, Peter's answer would be a strong deciding factor on what she was to do.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin chuckled. It was a cold, lifeless sound, the Menace stripping away the mirth and replacing it with an insidious darkness. "Sure, it is. I'm not required to attend them all." He lowered himself a bit more into the water, his head peeking out like a shark's dorsal fin. "It's good to go. Keep abreast of what's what and who's who and all that. Always new folks making their way into town, like you." He smiled.

So she was Unaligned. Interesting.

"No requirement or anything like that. I asked just so I could point out the particular folks that might be primo for you. Velma Star's a good person to chat with, she's pretty key on the social scene around here. Dillon Connery's the head of security, always a good person to talk to if you'd like to help out around town, and of course, I mentioned Ms. Villiers and Ms. Sage already."'

He grinned. "As for less official folks? I guess it depends on what you're into. What sort of things interest you?"

Was he asking her her personal interests?

Was this a Nosferatu date?

V
    Vivian York

Vivian laughed and shook her head, a few tresses dipped into the water. “Despite not really being big for social events…it seems like you don’t really mind going…” The Daeva winked. The man’s curse suddenly got the best of her. “I’m just chiding you dahling.” Normally the blond didn’t feel the need to explain a joke… but before he tore her head off for it…

“I’ve spoken with Ms. Star.” Vivian mentioned with a nod. “Dillon, I have only seen in passing after he was pointed out… he seems very… strong.” Considering what he did at Court, not a man she’d want to trifle with. “And yes, the others you did mention. I’ll probably meet up with Ms. Sage at some point. "

“Well, truth be told, I have more free time since moving here.” Vivian outstretched her hands beneath the water, having no idea what proximity she may be to Peter, she could have very well grazed him at her fingertips.

“I’ll try most anything at least once.” There were some exceptions, but none relevant for the moment. “I could stand to learn a few things as well.” Which was true, her skill set did not heed the rules of Elysia well. "Not the knitting, sewing, crafting mumbo jumbo though." Chuckling softly with a wrinkled nose. Still, the worry was there while she joked, the Haunt didn't make this easy by any means.

As if I was ever Suzie Homemaker in my mortal life anyway!

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin's eyes flicked to her hair briefly before returning to her face. The movement was just barely perceptible, the slightest glance, but hey. "I figured," he said with a quiet laugh.

"Free time, huh?"

He stood a little taller, not floating just then. His shoulders came up out of the water, dripping back into the lake.

"All right, then. Ever tried cigars?"

A little, curious smile crossed his face. Being blushed, the cold was more noticeable. A change in venue wouldn't hurt, and he liked the Lily.

V
    Vivian York

“Yes, free time. I have nowhere I need to be. No one needs me. Hence all this marvelous free time.” Vivian laughed quietly, relaxed. Such a difference moving across a continent makes. Holding no notoriety was more of a bonus than other Kindred realized.

“Come now, what do you take me for?” Splashing Peter slightly and playfully. “Of course I have.” Shaking her head in disbelief the Haunt asked her that. “Do you think I’m all sugar and spice dahling?” Watching him rise out of the water, for a Nostferatu he wasn’t all that bad looking… the other part, the one that made her watch her back, an essence of danger. Like playing with fire.

The Haunt’s intriguing, I’ll give him that much. Not a gloom and doom wanker.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin laughed. It wasn't his fault that it sounded tense, that the mirth had been robbed from it. The Curse never let up.

"You came for a swim with a Haunt," he said quietly, a little half-smile crossing his vaguely sunken face as her splash got him in the face. Water got in his mouth. He dribbled it out. "No, Ms. York, I think you might be a lot of fun."

Most Daeva didn't get it. Their notion of beauty and pleasure didn't usually line up with his. That this one was kind of fun was good by him.

"Let's go pollute our lungs for a bit, hmm?"

Scene change?

V
    Vivian York

Vivian raised her hand as her body came out of the water, she waved her index finger back and forth in the air. “Tut tut, I didn’t intentionally come for a swim with someone of your nature, it was happenstance. But that nature has nothing to do with it."

And I nearly bailed on you bloke. It was because of Peter’s creep factor that she nearly left previously. That sensation was still there, but slightly lessened. Vivian did wonder what his idea of fun may be.

Throwing her head back slightly, laughing generously, “Oh for the love of Pete, unless you’re in need of some protocol, please, call me Vivian…” There was a quick jerk upright jerk to her head facing the Haunt, a wide apologetic smile. I’ll be damned if I’m verbally apologizing for a figure of speech.

The Daeva started walking backwards to the shore, slowly in the water. “We should change before we depart. I didn’t see any public facilities around here, did you? I don’t mind doing it by the car.”

Nosferatu aren’t really interested in that sort of thing anyway. Although Vivian may be severely misjudging based on past experience with the Haunts from her previous Domain.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.