DISPLAYED
Wreathed in Wallflowers

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"It is true, I am a businessman," answers Konrad, his gaze following the circling Kindred woman. She is asking a lot of him, phrasing things almost like a contract. "I do have access to these things. Items, information, connections," he repeats them in order, establishing this assessment of his value. "And you would assist me in my ventures? You know I'm not exactly trading stocks and bonds. This is the black market, Miss Yui. Organized crime. You sure you want to get your hands dirty with something like that? Theft, burglary, back alley deals with lowlifes and ruffians. It is not a pretty side of the underworld, and I've only got my foot in the door. What kind of assistance would you lend me?"

The question is a fair one, Konrad believes. He doesn't understand the hierarchy of the Invictus and the strength of their influence just yet. Mostly Konrad is fishing for more information before committing to such a promise.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nods along as he repeats what he said, and a small smirk crosses her face as he asks her if she is okay with getting her hands dirty. Of course, he didn't know that her entire existence within the Invictus was built upon the idea of working in the dark, dreary areas of the world, so that others wouldn't have to. And, if she did her job right, he never would. She listens to the rest of his little speech, a few thoughts of boredom drifting through her mind as she circles the man, slowly, carefully. "I have worked in the darker areas of society for quite a while. I am no stranger to the underworld, and its associated markets and consumers."

She pauses. Phrasing was a large parts of contracts like this, especially verbal ones. Exact wording had to be worked carefully, to allow for potential avoidance later on. It occurred to her that thinking of how to be able to break a contract in the future right at the creation of said contract was dishonorable, but the thought was driven away by the memory of her Order's purpose in the world. "I would provide aid in the ways I am most proficient in. Threat removal, investigation, concealed security, information acquisition. I would do this if it was in my power, and I was disposed to do as such."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

If what she says is true then Konrad would be lucky to have her aiding him. Only Konrad is always iffy about things that were too good to be true. Nevertheless, they have come this far in their conversation, it would be a waste to back out now. "Then it sounds like we share quite a bit in common already." Then why do you need me? he wonders idly, staying motionless as she paces about him. Why doesn't she have any friends in the business? Well just talking to her sort of answers that. She's not exactly a sociable person. Probably doesn't stick around long enough to learn people's names...

It might've been unfair of him to judge her that way. But there is no denying she is standoffish in her demeanor. "I'd be up for a partnership then. I provide the connections and we help each other to control the market, and you get access to information and resources before anyone else, is that right?" Konrad rubs his chin thoughtfully and then traces it around to the back of his neck. "Since I'm not part of any Covenant there's no one I report to, save for The Prince himself who I've sworn loyalty for. But I do plan on offering my services to the Reeve, you should know. I'm guessing that's what you may have meant by a more important agreement?"

Konrad continues to dance around the finalization of their terms. While the arrangement may be simple, their trust of each other is not. They would only stretch their faith as far as the other proves their worth. Still, Konrad is fine getting along like this.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nods, slowly, as usual. It was good to know they had an understanding of sorts. It would help in the future. "Precisely. You have correctly ascertained my meaning on all counts. Just as my own allegiance to the First Estate, and the Prince, could affect my disposition towards assisting you, as well as whether or not it is within my power." She continues her slow circling, although it grows subtly quicker as they near a resolution. Either he would accept and they would part ways, each stronger and better for it, or he would refuse, and she would need to be ready for anything he would do afterwards.

"It seems we understand each other. I have nothing further to add to this agreement. If you wish, for your security, I could have it drawn up in writing. Possibly even notarized." She highly doubted he would take her up on that offer. In fact, she was banking heavily on him refusing, since it would leave a paper trail, and a paper trail for an allegiance like this would not help any standing she might have gained. But, if she had read him correctly, the offer would make him feel safer, although he would refuse for the same reason she hoped he would refuse. Paper trails were a poor idea in their world.
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Her doubts were valid as Konrad speaks his reply. "I'm really not interested in that sort of formality. A piece of paper means nothing to me. Your word and mine are all that is needed. In the underworld it's your reputation that matters. But yeah, we've got an understanding of each other." At least I think so...

Konrad reaches into his pocket, slowly and casually so not to provoke any anxiety in his company. "How about we exchange some digits, Miss Yui?" He presents his phone, the small blue screen lighting up his features in the darkened alley. She isn't a Reeve or a Regent, but she's a businesswoman of sorts, striking deals and making waves. It would do for now.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nods, pulling her phone from the depths of her pockets. "That sounds acceptable." She looks at him expectantly, waiting for him to commence the transfer. He had initiated it, after all. It was his job to prove he was willing to perform the exchange.
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad tells her his phone number for the prepaid device. Once they've gathered each other's contact info, Konrad says, "I'm glad we were lucky to meet up, Miss Yui. I look forward to working on future projects together." He keeps putting on the pleasantries for the woman, despite her distant attitude. They have learned a lot about each other tonight, despite the moderate exchange of words. But it would be her reputation he plans to investigate. Konrad fully intends to fulfill his side of their bargain. They could build on that for trust in time.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina ensures that she has his number saved correctly, then puts her phone away again. She ceases her circling and peers around, before deciding on a direction. She looks back at Konrad. "As do I. Have a pleasant rest-of-the-evening." She starts to walk away, unless he gets in the way. "Contact me should any of the terms of our agreement enter play. Your requiring help, or your acquiring an item, connection, or knowledge that you believe I would be interested in." Probably an unnecessary review, but it couldn't hurt.
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"See ya around," he answers back, acknowledging her reminder and watches as she leaves the alley and disappears into the night. All-in-all a productive evening. Konrad turns away and heads a different direction. He doesn't know if she plans on following him back to his Haven, as an extra insurance, but he's got some feeding to do first anyways and then a stop by the pawn shop.

Konrad exits the scene. Nice RP, Cabochard!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread