Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
(Private) At the Waterboy

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Miach

PRE

Still puzzled, Miach could see that she wouldn't disclose much more about the event, and reluctantly let it slide. "I'll try and arrange a meeting with her at the soonest." he merely said.

"The medical skill is of course paramount for us. You just have to see our moniker... beyond that, anyone who can treat wounds and save lives is good, whether it means actual skill or an ability to cheat...

As for the Rights, we used to go by the Five of them, even if Nemesis... is not something I'm particularly fond of."
    he said reluctantly.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"I see," Zodiac nodded thoughtfully. "I'll keep that in mind and spread the word appropriately.

"Is there anything else I can assist you with, this evening?"
    she smiled a little to the man.

Miach

PRE

"Well... yes. I wouldn't mind getting to know you and yours, to be honest." he had been there for some time now, but there was always new mages, and he'd be damned if he knew half of them. It just wouldn't do.

"So would you mind telling me a bit about you ?" he asked with a smile that he hoped was genuine and disarming. The Acanthus really meant no harm, and was driven by curiosity most of all.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Her head tilted for a moment at his inquiry, a brow raising for a moment before she shrugged lightly. "I'm an archaeologist by trade, have spent a lot of my life traveling..." Ah, the part she always hated. "... what else do you want to know?"

The puzzle that she never seemed to understand. When people asked about her, what precisely did they want to hear? What did they want to know? She was often very easily overlooked in a crowd, and few tended to spend much time around her which left her wholly uncertain about how to respond to such questions when they did.

Miach

PRE

An archaeologist ? Miach couldn't help but laugh, because where else was the power of Fate more obvious than in the connections it built between people. Just when he had tentatively described himself as a wannabe Archaeomancer to Tyria...

"And archaeologist, you say ?" it sorely reminded him of Aenigma, though... "Well, if you happen to find anything pertaining to antique medicine, I'd be delighted to learn about it. It is my belief we have lost as much as we have found, and that's there much knowledge to be gleaned from the past." he stated firmly.

"Do you have any specialty ?" he asked, wondering if perhaps she had come to Sacramento for a particular reason. Not that a Mage versed in Space needed much reason to settle someplace admittedly.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Antique medicine?" Zoey looked thoughtful for a few moments, tilting her head. "Hm. There have been some interesting things recovered lately in South America regarding medicine, but those have mostly been related to species of plants and their application rather than the use of particular instruments towards that effect."

The intensity of her gaze had shifted, curiousity and pleasure alight there as she thought on the other's words. "I tend to agree with you," and there was a deep sigh at that before her eyes settled on him again, struggling between two feelings. "We have lost many things in history - but some of those things, I fear, are best off lost or destroyed entirely. All that is hidden will one day be found, no matter how well hidden you believe it to be." It was something of a warning to the other, though she looked off again with an absent 'hmmm!'

"Specialty? Not exactly,"
    she stated, thoughtfully. "I care more for the remains of civilizations - those that have disappeared - than for the intricacies of modern anthropology. What is created, destroyed and buried can be more telling than the stories themselves. What was worshipped, idolized and exhalted can reach far further into the mysteries of existence than words alone."

Miach

PRE

"The clever use of plants is as much medicine as is surgery, or acupuncture. And is well worth rediscovering, if you ask me." he said to the Herald who seemed to share his point of view.

"As for what's best left off... you've said it, it will one day be found. It is futile to deny it. It's exactly why we believe it is best to keep the knowledge intact in the good hands, and away from the others, so there would always be someone able to react to it." Some kind of philosphical debate with a Guardian ?

Her last point was hardly something that he had concerned himself with, admittedly, so Miach paused, and put his left hand on his chin while pondering her point. Finally, he shrugged, and answered "It can, indeed. And yet, it there were Truth to it, it would have resurfaced, even in another shape. I would look at the commonalities between the Truths of then, and those of now, perhaps."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

She certainly didn't agree with it, but she wasn't about to have that discussion in such a public place. She disagreed, as she had for a long time, with the Mysterium's methods, but that wasn't for here and now.

"Do you believe that those things have not already resurfaced?" she smiled absently, "perhaps they have and are simply in a form that you cannot yet recognize. Have you considered that? Patterns. Repetition. They're constant."

Miach

PRE

"True, true." Miach agreed gladly. Agreeing wasn't hard when it was about the truth. And agreeing was often a step toward a fruitful relation.

"This is a very real possibility, of course. And we'd better be on the lookout for those patterns, indeed.

Do you believe in Chaos, though ?"
    he then asked out of the blue.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread