Ended
Watch
21 - 22
DISPLAYED
Tower Cafe (Private)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    F
    FrereSebastian

If only Lenin could hear what she was saying about his glorious revolution. Martha's assessment brought a jovial smirk to Matty's face. He nodded in agreement with what she said.

"You know, they say that opportunity causes a lot of change or "revolution" in the sense of an idea, in this world." He moved his right index finger in a circle to emphasize his meaning of the word. While his voice held a tone of mirth.

"I very much enjoy our conversations, Martha. Thank you for accompanying me to this cafe. Hopefully we can meet again sometime soon? I would very much enjoy that history lesson that you promised me." He hoped that she believed what he was saying, the kindred nature too often sided with a distrustful bias.

OOC

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Opportunity?" she echoed. Nodding as she thought about it, trying to weigh his smirk;

"Well, that might be true! Opportunity is almost, but lest we forget, not quite, a synonym for exploitation! It's a word often used by accomplished confidence tricksters too." she winks theatrically at Matty.

"Those audacious Bolsheviks did usurp the already revolutionary national command of the Provisional Government. I think the link between the advocacy of the continuance of the war against Germany by the Provisional Government was the key moment of decision for those more radical Bolsheviks."
    she nodded in thought. Her tone seems to suggest a fear and, something not unlike respect, for the Russian revolutionaries.

"Much like the French Revolution, the several civil wars of England under Cromwell and King Charles Stuart or the Chinese Civil War after the collapse of the Japanese Imperial project in the 1940s. One revolution seems to beget another. Each more determined to be more pure ideologically than the last. The next more cruel and brutal than the last. As if the greater volume of violence and bloodshed is, somehow, the only corrolaratory measure of revolutionary fervor." she shrugs and rubs her missing knee. Obviously worried at that bizarre trend in history.

"Interesting, I think, that in both cases the execution of the Royal..." she sighs. Pausing as if beaten by some unseen fatigue. She blinks and after this pause, Martha is clearly glad of the change of direction of the conversation that Matty offers;

"History? Oh, I see what you mean! Yes, I shall help with that, sir." she tries a shy smile.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.