Ended
Watch

Ack: Richie

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling, she hopped and perched herself playfully on the edge of the long mahogany table. Her flesh leg swinging.

"Oh, the Ordo Dracul!" she chirps, "Well, I shall be as open as possible! We have secrets, of course! Well, what would you wish to know, sir?" Martha smiled and her tiny hands fluttered eagerly.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Richard folded his arms over his chest as he often did, "I'm not really sure. I have only heard whispers of the Ordo Dracul. Some say that they have found ways to circumvent many of the curses that come along with immortality. Is this true?" he asked shortly. The truth was, Richard already knew that they must be on to something or else why would so many kindred devote their unlife to the practice? Like with every other covenant that he had heard of Richard believed that there were elements of truth to them all.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Falling silent, Martha rubs her hand on her chin in a theatrical gesture of thoughtfulness as her flesh leg swings in time with some unheard rhythm.

"Hmm," she begins after a long silence, "Indeed. That is true... To an extent. The Ordo Dracul is the custodian of many practical and useful secrets." she offers Richie a shy smile.

"Are you interested in studying with the Ordo Dracul, sir?" she asks with sincere interest.

"If so, I would happily meet with you another evening to talk about that in greater detail!" she slides off the table and lands with as much grace as possible. Blinking as she adjusts her gym skirt Martha makes a gesture towards the door. "If so, I have a book I'd like to offer you... as a gift!" a sweet, sweet smile is offered to Richie.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Richard took a moment to consider what she was telling him. From the sound of it she was more or less confirming the rumors that he had heard about the Ordo Dracul, his interest how now been officially peaked. "That would be fine. When ever you are available I would like to arrange a meeting to discuss more about the covenant. In the mean time I welcome the literature on the subject" he answered kindly. This night had been full of information which he could tell that she was more than happy to give. Now that the thought about it Martha had to be the most pleasant kindred that he had ever met, even now while standing directly across from her he sensed absolutely no beast from her what so ever. "Is there anything else that I need to know to be acknowledged?" Richard paused before continuing, remembering that one of his earlier question had gone unanswered, "Again..please let me know if there is anything that I can do to support the domain. I would like it I could find a way to earn my keep so to speak. If you should ever require my services please do not hesitate to summon me."

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you!" she chirped and smiled. "Oh, I see, sir! Please, sir, consider yourself Acknowledged! Welcome!" she offered a small hand in dainty and official greeting.

As she did so she said,
    "I'd certainly recommend speaking with the Harpy, the Reeve and the Mistress Keeper of the Elysian Field of the Ballo Della Notte! They will most surely be able to help make use of your offered services!"

"I truly am looking forward to seeing what fine contributions you will most surely make to this Domain!" her words and eagerness seem full and sincere.

"As for the book, if you'd care to follow me to my Chamber, I have it there! Though, if you'd prefer to wait so you may copy the numbers you need..." she gestures towards the charts where the contact details are," then I shall be back in a few moments!" bright eyed eagerness once more.

Richard eagerly accepted her hand, "Thank you very much Madam Seneschal, I look forward to cultivating mutually beneficial requiems within this city." He kept a peacefull grin plastered across his face the entire time. So far, Martha has been nothing but helpful. What he had previously expected to be a turmoil filled experience of settling down in a new domain turned out to be not only a quick and easy process but he genually felt welcomed. Something that he had very little experience with throughout the duration of his existence. For this to be a den of vampires, everyone had been kind to him so far, it was the most bizarre thing that he could imagine. "I will wait here and save the contact information that I need into my phone....if that is alright?" he questioned. He wasn't sure if saving those numbers into a cellar device would be a good idea, such things could easily lead traces of connection that they may not wish to establish.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods and smiles. "Of course you may, sir! I'd recommend using some codename to associate with the numbers, but the contact details are there for your convenience, so please feel free!" she chirps and, smiling, she skips and limps away to her own Chambers and leaves Richie to his own devices for a while.

Tiny Martha isn't gone too long and soon she's skipping and limping back to Richie clutching a neat looking paperback. In fairly good condition.

Smiling, the small lady pauses near Richie and offers him the book.
    "Here you are, sir!"

It's a copy of Alvin Toffler's 1970's classic of Futurology: 'Future Shock'.

"I hope you find it interesting, sir! In many ways, I have found it a most fascinating and inspiring read! It touches on many core elements of the Ordo Dracul and the challenges cultures experience in dealing with the tensions between past, present and Future! Please, sir, feel free to discuss it with me when you wish! I shall also happily discuss the Ordo Dracul with you at your convenience!" she smiles and blinks happily and bashfully as she hands him the book and offers the invitation.

"Please, sir," she adds with another cheery and sincere smile, "do feel free to visit if you have anything to ask or report and, please... I do hope you enjoy the book!"

Her eyes searching Richie's for signs of additional questions or eagerness to be about his Requiem or staying.

Richard nods without looking up from his phone, he is too busy taping away at the screen, plugging in numbers and filling up his contact list except for one, Emma French. He already had her number saved however what he hadn't noticed right away was the fact that she was the leader of a covenant in this city, specifically the Circle of the Crone. He would have to remember to ask her more about that the next time he saw her. Richard doesn't look away from his phone until Martha returns with the literature in hand. Receiving it from her, Richard ran his fingers across the cover, admiring the feel of it under his tips. As a child, and even as a man, Richard was not allowed to read. To to learn or be taught would have been a crime of dire consequence. After becoming kindred the very first thing that Richard did was teach himself to read and sense then has been in love with literature of all kinds. "I will be sure to speak with you again after I have read it. I am sure that I will be having more question about the Ordo in the very near future. As per usual, you have been of much assistance to me Madem Seneschal, his Grace has clearly made a wise choice in trusting you with such duties."

9. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha let Richie study the book and its contents without interruption. He seemed to be lost in thought and she didn't want to interfere with that.

As he offered his kind words Martha beamed a bashful smile and nodded to acknowledge his generous words with a sincere reply;

"Thank you, sir! Goodness! What a delight to meet you, sir! Please, please feel free to visit me!"

... and on this positive note, shall we close this successful Acknowledgement scene, Travis?

"Good night Madam Seneschal, we will meet again very soon I'm sure." With that Richard tucks the book under his arm pit before sending her a friendly smile and making his leave.

Sure thing! Another RP down Wooot!!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread