Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”So it shall be, I will vouch for you…” But…

”…but.” There was always a but…

This time the Succubus wasn’t actually grinning, the tone of her voice was dead serious and her eyes, big grey blue ponds of icy manipulation were locked into Peter’s - his menacing mien eclipsed by the Daeva's for that small moment.

”More important than what I will want from you in return, which is probably what you are thinking right now… it will be proving to me first that you are the right person for the job.” Velma would be risking her credibility as an asset to the Prince by vouching for Baldwin. If he failed him and proved inefficient it would reflect on her.

”You will gain my trust and you will be tested by me… it won’t happen in a day. But be sure that you will always have a word on what you will and will not do."

"Your commitment to the covenant shall be tested!”
    It could sound arrogant or even presumptuous but she too had seen her commitment tested before joining the domain hierarchy as Harpy…

”You shall wait for further instructions of mine, in the meantime think about what I’m offering you and what I will be demanding of you…” Commitment to the first estate? Perhaps more? But the rewards! By the way the Succubus spoke she certainly knew she could deliver it to Baldwin... just how she would go about doing it was her greatest secret.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

P
    Peter Baldwin

The Haunt's face remained schooled, her presence overwhelming the Menace's. Testing his commitment to the covenant? The Oathsworn Knight, needing to be tested?

He quashed the Beast's instinctive reaction. The fact was, every single night, his commitment was tested. Every Call. Every snot-nosed neonate that called for some minor thing. Every Elder who demanded he put his life on the line. Yes, even the newest member of the First Estate was a test of his commitment. A Knight who had grown complacent in proving himself was a Knight who was getting lazy.

The Archon's duty was loyalty, deterrence, punishment, and violence. To test his capabilities, would she be asking him to kill for her?

Would he, if she did?

Time would tell. His judgment and the Covenant would always come first, but if Velma Star was the prime Invictus candidate Asa Clarke seemed to believe her to be, then her agenda would line up with the First Estate's. This test, like so many, went both ways.

Mind made up, he nodded.

"I am always ready to prove my commitment to the First Estate, Madame Star. Thank you for this opportunity." He gazed just north of those manipulative eyes, training instinctively keeping him from making eye contact, but it felt like he was. "You have the number for the Line, correct? I am easily reached there."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Easily reached!? Of course, your diligence is commendable.” To the Harpy notions such as honor, duty and forthrightness were somewhat alien and difficult to grasp. Maybe it was the easy way out, always behaving in a predictable way? Or maybe it was all Peter’s elaborate mask… they all wore masks after all.

”Before you go though there is something we must do…” Velma was still kneeling close to the Ottoman, she slowly shoved the Scrabble pieces away to the floor and opened the small table, revealing an assortment of different items, her eyes peered into its contents and she withdrew a sheet of expensive paper, a fountain pen, a small crucible, a scalpel and a white feather. She then closed the Ottoman and placed all the items over it, one by one, turning them towards Peter.

It was his first test.

“We will swear a blood tell oath in which you will not reveal what has happened in this office today or anything we have discussed today to anyone except His Grace.” This would be their secret. Velma was expectant to see if Peter Baldwin would accept her offer or not… he would soon find that the Ravager was actually very intent on testing him instead of just accepting his words at face value.
    Velma Star*

4. Likes West liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin nodded his thanks for her compliment, cold, dead eyes remaining on her. When she leaned over and shoved the game to the floor, one corner of his mouth went upward. Of course. The Oath they'd learned together.

He reached for a sheet of paper and the pen, preparing to write the Oath in plot. A discussion of Archondom and tests? There was nothing said in this office tonight that needed to go anywhere.

"What discussion?" A smile crossed his face, twisted by violent tension.

He produced the pen and drew up a draft. Apparently, the Knight was a southpaw.

I, Sir Peter Baldwin, Whip of Clan Nosferatu and Knight of the Order of the Thorned Wreath, swear that I shall not disclose or discuss the particulars of the conversation I had with Harpy Velma Star in her office on [DATE] with anybody, except for the Harpy herself or His Grace, Alder Duke Clarke, Prince of Sacramento.

So it is sworn, on tonight's date, [DATE].

He turned the draft to her to allow her to look it over. "Is that an acceptable draft?"

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Attentive eyes followed the pen as Balwin produced the draft. Once finished and presented Velma re-read it to make sure everything seemed to be ok. She nodded silently letting the Knight know it was as she expected.
    Velma Star*

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin peered at the draft, then nodded. "Very well." He wondered something, curious. Would she...?

Well.

He would find quickly, wouldn't he? Tests went both ways.

The pen was taken up again, and an Oath was made...

Was there anything further? Shall we narrate that the signing occurs and end the thread for posterity's sake?

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Sounds good to me! - Oath signed in blood, smiles and pleasantries changed, Velma and Peter eventually depart to rest for the day.
    Velma Star*

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Scene ends
    Velma Star*