Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Jack was an interesting guy, and one she couldn’t get a read of. Maybe that was part of his appeal, how unreadable he was? Something to ponder at a different time.

“Ok, sure.” She replies, moving towards the box once again and starting to open it. She had to clear her mind and focus on the task at hand.

As soon as she got the door open, she was moving. One leg went in as she folded her body onto itself and slid into the box. One arm contorted in between her chest and leg as the other leg was pulled into the box. Her hand grabbed the door and pulled it shut as it entered the box as well.

Her head turns to the side to grin at Jack.

It wasn’t as quick as she would have liked, but it was a little faster than the first time. In all fairness it had been quite some time since she had last done this trick, and it would take some practice to get her body used to it again.

The inner latch worked this time as she opened the door and unfolded herself.

“Well, it wasn’t as fast as I would have liked. But it is worth noting it has been sometime since I last did this stunt, so I’m a little rusty.”

“But I really like the idea! Once I get some more practice in and increase my speed, I think it will be a great addition to my show.” She says with a nod of her head.

She then grins, “I should hire you to be my consultant or something, maybe the idea guy.” She says with a laugh and a wink.

“So what about you? In the park you mentioned something about cards, I’d be interested in seeing some of your tricks.”

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Tricky, tricky," he agreed.

His arms had folded and his chin rested in the palm of an upturned arm as he pondered the box. Well? At least it was an idea. And he was a performer. Practice, yo. Everyone does it. At least she was an Acanthus, she could probably make practice time. Belatedly, he realized she was already out of the box. Oh. So that was something she could do herself. Derp.

"Cool. I hope it, you know, works out. Or at leads leads to another idea?"
    First ideas? Not always the best.

This time, the wink didn't faze him. Apparently that was A Thing for her and not A Thing. Another time, another place? Disappointment.

"Oh, ummmm."

He shrugged. After watching balls of flame spraying? Cards seemed a little... weak. Still? She'd asked.

A deck was produced, and he flipped them out. A few cuts and basic shuffle loosened his fingers. True fact: If you feel like your game is weak, go big. He started with a fan and sprayed them into a waiting hand... and felt a card bounce off of a misplaced finger. He could hear i hit the floor.

That's not embarrassing. At all.

Just warming up. He retrieved the card, and went into a an intricate four way cut to... and heard another card fall. Seriously? He did this all day long with his eyes closed. The warm flush of a blush crept up his neck and ears as he picked up the little rectangle of humiliation. A little bulge popped at his jawline as he gritted his teeth.

Finally, the cards flowed. Like water, or as if connected by threads. From one hand to the other. Folding, splitting, spraying, dancing into an array of arrangements.

He offered a wry smile as they stopped. "Uh. Guess I'm, ummm, rusty, too."

lol. fail, fail, success, success. Max difficulty penalty ate Star's lunch :)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-24 18:31:42 [04] Star rolls 4 to The Cards Dance Dex + Larceny -5 Difficulty (10 Again) 5, 9, 2, 10, 8 3 successes
    2014-08-24 18:31:42 [03] Star rolls 4 to The Cards Dance Dex + Larceny -5 Difficulty (10 Again) 6, 8, 9, 4 2 successes
    2014-08-24 18:31:42 [02] Star rolls 4 to The Cards Dance Dex + Larceny -5 Difficulty (10 Again) 3, 3, 3, 3 failure
    2014-08-24 18:31:42 [01] Star rolls 4 to The Cards Dance Dex + Larceny -5 Difficulty (10 Again) 6, 2, 7, 7 failure
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I have no doubt it will work out, sometimes things just seem to go my way.” She added with a sly smile. Being able to alter your own luck was awesome sometimes.

Her eyes move the cards as he begins to shuffle them. She had always found cards tricks to be entertaining and interesting. Something she was never able to master herself.

Her heart went out to him as a couple cards fell, she knew all too well how embarrassing it could be when your tricks failed. But, to his credit, he kept going.

As the cards seemed to flow, her eyes widened, and a big smile appeared on her face. She had to admit, that was pretty impressive.

“Oh wow! Don’t think I have ever seen cards do that!” she exclaimed, honestly impressed. “Did it take you long to learn how to do that?”

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread