Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 106
DISPLAYED
Little Boy Lost

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11

Lynn Mills

Lynn smiled slightly in return as David left. That was one person she'd been able to help at least. He was calm and safe and nobody else knew he'd had trouble. She hopped that it hadn't stirred up too many repressed thoughts, but there wasn't anything that she could do about it right now.

Facing the cop, she nodded slightly and dug into her purse. "Of course officer. Lynn Mills, recently moved to Sacramento." She handed him her drivers license and one of the cards that she kept to hand out to anybody that looked like they'd like to hire her some day.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel noticed the smirk and sighed softly through his nose. It was difficult to tell with his dark eyes but he rolled them slightly in an 'if you must' tone that murmured subtly of understanding disappointment. He felt pretty certain things were about to get more interesting. Whether for the officer or for Reef and himself, he couldn't say. Either way, Daniel got ready to think on his feet.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Daniel, Reef & Owen

"Yeah, I am," Owen finally replied, looking back towards the officers. "These guys came found me whilst I was playing down the alley," he added, acting sheepishly.

The officer relaxed, his hand lowering along with the torch beam. He smiled. "Come with me, your mom's worried sick." He held out a hand that Owen stepped forward and accepted. The officer nodded to Daniel and Reef before leading the boy back into the store.

Lynn

In no time at all, the police officer returns with Owen in tow. His mother cries out in delight, tears of joy flowing. On both knees, she hugs her wayward child.

"Yeah, down the alley. There were a couple of guys with him, leading him back," the officer said to his colleague.

A
    Ambrose

Reef turns to Daniel, a sigh of relief escaping his mouth. Still, he wasn't waiting around for the cops to conduct interviews. His voice would hardly allow for much interaction and he wasn't the most personable of their lot, especially when under stress... His dirty clothes and stench were unlikely to do any favours, either.

He'd done his bit - it was time disappear.

"Guess i'll be seeing you. Say hi to Lynn from me, if you go back round the front and see her.." He gives a short nod, before heading out the door and down the alley.

Unless stopped, Reef leaves the scene.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

"Thanks for your help," Daniel replied automatically to Reef. He was busy considering. He'd rather not get involved with police but Daniel didn't feel things were resolved the way things had left off with Owen. There was a very slight hint of aggravation as he sighed again and followed the child and officer.

Entering the store he saw mother and child reunited. She looked overjoyed. It was impossible tell how Owen was feeling, engulfed as he was in his mother's arms. While other were watching the reunion, Daniel grabbed a discarded receipt from the trash and pen from a cash register. It took him a few seconds to scribble down a note.

He approached cautiously before speaking. "You have an amazing son." he said, holding out the piece of paper "I'm part of the Big Brother Big Sister program, I'd love to mentor him." There was a split second of eye contact between Daniel and Owen. Pitch black eyes shown with fey intent. It wasn't much, but hopefully it was enough to convey things offer was meant for Owen more than his mother. "That's my number.

"Think on it."

"Call me if you're interested."

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-22 21:10:27 Daniel Leto rolls 6 to Lies and Hidden meanings Mani3+Subt2+1glamour (10 Again) 10, 10, 2, 2, 3, 7, 4, 8 3 successes
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Owen's Mom doubting? Nah
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-23 13:22:44 Owen's Mom rolls 4 to Any doubt? (10 Again) 9, 6, 1, 5 1 success

As Daniel approached them, Owen's mom glanced up, still clutching her son close. Even though there may be a little doubt, Daniel's seeming seems to help in covering his lie, and she accepted the number with a small, gracious smile. Her phone, for once, seems forgotten, and her scarf still wrapped close around her neck.

"Thank you," she replied before looking around at everyone present. "Thank you all, I was so worried." Finally, she looked down to Owen. "Come on, let's head home."

The young Darkling nodded, perhaps a little embarrassed from the attention from his mother. Still, he gave Daniel a nod before looking towards Lynn. Another nod but there was something in his eye. A smirk.

And as the mother and son head out of the Safeway, it seems that the store is finally going to close. The police depart leaving the remaining two Courtiers a chance to exchange numbers and think bout what exactly happened tonight, and what if a Lost little boy has strayed slightly too far along the edge of Fear than is good for his age.

End Scene. Well done, and thank you

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
Closed Thread