Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Coffee Date

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

"Oh! I'm so excited! Thank you all for agreeing to help, even if it seems like a daunting task. I just know we'll be able to come up with something together!" Mirabelle gushed, grinning broadly. "And clothes should be easy to come by. The wedding is in a few days from now, so there's plenty of time to get ready. As for bringing anything else, I really can't say. Still, I'm sure I can help us scrounge up whatever we might need. After we figure out what that is, of course. I'm not quite sure exactly what might be a good plan, but maybe after I explain a bit more one will become apparent.

"I really am sorry for not giving better information. I don't mean to make you have to drag it out of me,"
    she continued, looking apologetically to Terri and Tally first, and then the others. "All the information is kind of jumbled up in my head. It's hard to try and frame context when everything already makes sense to me. But, well, your questions give good direction. Why don't I start with the shortest answer first? I know that we have a fixed timeline because I've been told about it by someone who can see those kinds of things. Someone that can read omens and such things. They were very clear that if I could rend apart Lucy and Damien during the joining of two other hearts, then I would have a chance to win him back!

"It's symbolic. Or something. I'm not sure. Those sorts of things aren't really the kind of thing I know about,"
    she continued with an elegant lift and drop of her shoulders. "All that's important is that we know what our window to act in is. As for how we'll act in that window, I'm not sure, but I'll tell you more about Lucy and Damien in case that might help."

Mirabelle shifted in her seat slightly, accidentally brushing against the person to her right as a hand trailed up to rub behind her ear. "I'll start with Lucy first. She's the one you should know the most about. She's a hospital administrator. She was going to become a doctor but she flunked out of medical school during her clinicals. She's a Scorpio, and she prefers blue cars. Her first was a 1991 Pontiac Bonneville, powder blue, and all of her other cars have also been blue, but have become progressively darker in hue. Her current car is a Volvo XC90. It's a similar model to the one the Pope has used. This is likely because she claims to be Catholic on the census, but has not gone to confession in 7 years, nor has she attended mass on any days except holidays. She does yoga 4 days a week, in the morning, and skips eating lunch at least two days a week. Every Friday she has two glasses of wine with dinner...Now let's see, what else? Oh, I know! She's had three pets in the last seven years. All of them were put down. Also, she always showers before sex.

Mirabelle blinked. "Is that enough information, or would you like to know something in particular?"

2. Likes Chrisie, Origins, Jag, Forn Clakes, West liked this post
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Don't worry, Degnar, suit will be covered," Terri smiled to the Darkling.

That's a lot of information, Terri thought to herself as Mirabelle reeled off all she knew about Lucy. The term, stalker, sprang to mind. She smiled. "Well, that's quite detailed stuff. How about Damien?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar nodded to Sam and Terri as the two of them assured him that a suit would not be a problem. He was glad that he no longer had to worry about that, since the Darkling didn't really own anything that was suitable for a wedding. "Thank you," he said to both of them before turning his attention back to Mirabelle. The others had asked some good questions, and he was interested in hearing what the answers would be. Shifting slightly on his seat as Mirabelle's hand brushed against him, the Tunnelgrub paid close attention to the detailed information she was providing.

The whole thing about omens and the like seemed a little strange, but Degnar figured that anything was possible in a world where fairy tales came to life. Still, this whole thing smelled fishier than a sushi bar to him, but he had committed to help out by this point, so he wouldn't turn his back on them now. Besides, he could keep a close eye on things and help the others escape in case shit hit the fan. As he continued to listen to the information Mirabelle was providing about this Lucy person, the Tunnelgrub grew slightly curious as to how Mirabelle had acquired most of the info in the first place.

Hmmm. She must have been watching this woman for a while, he thought to himself, not exactly bothered by the fact that Mirabelle sounded like the creepiest of stalkers at that very moment. Perhaps she was a Darkling like himself, or had knowledge of certain fae magics that allowed her to remain hidden while she watched the other woman.

When Terri asked about Damien, he nodded in agreement with the former Dread Queen. "It would be good to know about him," he said to Mirabelle. "Also, about what their relationship is like." The Tunnelgrub was by no means an expert on relationships or anything of the sort, but he figured that if they were tasked with breaking Lucy and Damien up, they would need to know more about what made them tick and whether their relationship had weaknesses they could exploit.

5. Likes Forn Clakes, Cayce liked this post
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

"That's some... impressive information gathering there. Seriously, I'd like to know how you got all that, I could really learn something from you. I mean, that might make scoping out a... nevermind, not the issue. Forget I asked." She had told herself she wouldn't turn back to that life. She couldn't tempt herself with having such tools at her disposal. Heavens know that her previous thieving habits hadn't come all that useful in a legitimate job, not one she could get. Still, she made a mental note to remember Mirabelle. If things turned sour, it might be nice to learn from someone with such success.

With the others asking such insightful questions, she didn't want to ask anything that was obvious to everyone else. Like how did they look? That was a silly question, Damien would be in a tuxedo and Lucy was wearing a bridal gown. No, leave the smart questions to the people who knew what to ask.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan tilted her head and blinked at the information on Lucy. Mirabelle knew a lot. To a disturbing degree, yet it wasn't that useful. Chances of Lucy being a secret evil bitch seemed slim, aside from the dead pets part. Which worked against their plan's favor if movie-lore had any truth.

Morgan didn't get the prophecy bits and was skeptical about it. Not that she thought it was impossible but she always thought prophets were too vague to be helpful. Too dramatic. There was a little concern in her mind about WHO was giving her the portents and if they were trustworthy. Could be fae, Fae, Lost, or something else for all they knew. But she was committed to not abandon her fellow Courtiers. If any of them got hurt, she'd never forgive herself for not helping.

Morgan rapidly nodded her head when Terri spoke to Mirabelle, "Yes-yes-yes-yes, Damaninin info help. A-a-also mayhap-please ask?" The raccoon was hunched down and had no confidence as she spoke, "I-if possible do-do you h-have m-more ken-words on-on the wed-wedding? Venus-place? Um-uh, localation? K-kind of prop-proto-pro-fritter-grk. S-s-staff if-if you knows? F-for dis-squeezes? M-m-maybe I can c-check fore-night f-for b-back-doors?" Scoping out escape paths if things went bad really appealed to Morgan.

After all, running is what you do when a plan fails. Planning how to run made it go better.

8. Likes Chrisie, Jag, Forn Clakes, Cayce liked this post
    E
    ErlangShen

Hearing Mirabelle rattle off very personal details like that...an obvious stalker, no doubting that. A wealth of information readily coming forth like a faucet. Either she had access to some Contracts or... Might she be a Lurker too? The Jack O'Lantern wondered.

As the others posed their questions, he raised his own. Sam knew it might draw a few odd looks, but, it could very well prove useful with their plans. "What are they most afraid of?"

Mirabelle nodded along as each question was phrased, clearly too excited by everyone's' interest to be daunted by having so much explain. Even Morgan's broken delivery didn't seem to phase the foreigner.

"Those are excellent questions! I only hope my answers will be as good. I'll start with the questions about Damien first, since I already spoke about his temporary match. He's really, well, it's hard to put in words, but he's an amazing person. He's a doctor. Hence how Lucy and he met. Really, it wasn't just workplace coincidence," Mirabelle explained, something edged lurking in her voice. "Lucy had been watching Damien since before we broke up. He's just, I can't explain it. There's a quality about him, a kind of poetry that's in his eyes. Not everyone sees it, but when you do, you just can't escape it. Anyways, when my fetch and Damien separated, Lucy swooped in to comfort him and sank her filthy claws deep into his flesh while he was distracted with other pain. It's just how she is. Trust me, I've seen that poetry slowly leaving his eyes ever since I've been back." A glacial sheet ghosted behind her eyes as she uttered the thought.

"They're both practical, yet emotional people. Damien wanted to be a poet but he knew that medicine would help people more immediately, so he went with that. Lucy is more, well, selfish, and all of her drive is directed towards pleasing herself. It's despicable. She's almost like Them, the way she uses people." Mirabelle dropped her hand away from her ear and shook her head with a sigh. "I'm sorry, you were wanting to know more about Damien. We grew up together, living on the same street. He's always been serious, and a touch macabre, but it's because he's so observant. His eyes just...see into the depths. He likes poetry, as I've said, and he believes that meaning is only derived from his relationships to people. That's why Lucy has such a hold over him."

"And I know all of this, all about Lucy, because I've been watching them. Talking with them. Just wearing different faces each time. It's a useful trick to be able to borrow someones face. Or just pieces of it." She added the last as an aside towards Tessa. "That, and I knew them before I was taken. When I compare what I see with what I knew to be true, it all becomes apparent. And I know my memories aren't twisted. They're what brought me back after all, and we need a clear memory to help us come back, as you know."

"Now, you asked about their fears,"
    she continued, looking to Sam. "Damien fears living a meaningless existence. Lucy fears, I suspect, germs. That's why she flunked out, and why she showers so much. It might be a bit odd that she still works in a hospital, but administration is far from the most dangerous places.

"But, moving on to the last question, the wedding isn't taking place by doors,"
    she said, looking to Morgan. "It's being held out of doors, the reception taking place at night. There's a nice glade on church grounds that they've rented, and the reception is held there. It's lit by all sorts of lanterns and glittering things, and while there's a pavilion for the catering and such, everything else is outside, and there are woods nearby. Woods that will be very dark outside of the ocean of light surrounding the pavilion."

11. Likes Forn Clakes, Jag liked this post
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Sounds like we need to either show Damien that poetry still exists, with you, Mirabelle," Terri grinned, the manipulative part of her Beastly brain working, "or prove to Damien that Lucy is nothing but a self-loving bitch, which could be easier said than done. Some people don't want to change." An apologetic look but she clapped her hands together, acting as friendly as she could.

"But, the wedding venue itself couldn't be more perfect," Terri continued, picturing the scene. "Romantic, certainly, but there are sooo many more ways to work the night than simply romance. Stars, the woods, magic. Oh, I'm getting goosepimples just thinking about it."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar continued to listen as others asked questions of their own, curious to hear how Mirabelle would answer. When she spoke, the Darkling turned his full attention to her once more. As far as he could tell, she was clearly obsessed with this Damien guy, and really hated Lucy. Even as she talked about how wonderful Damien was, she managed to sneak in a comment or two about how awful Lucy was. Could she truly be that awful? Or was she actually the victim of this Lost's selfish desires? The Tunnelgrub did not know one way or the other, and the only way he would find out is if he got to actually meet this Lucy and make a judgment of his own.

The tricks Mirabelle mentioned piqued his interest slightly, and Degnar figured that perhaps it would be good to learn such things at some point. He was certainly good at hiding, always find a shadow here and a shadow there. However, being able to hide in plain sight by borrowing someone else's face? That was a trick that was worth learning, and could come in quite handy in a variety of situations. But that was neither here, nor there. The focus of the conversation was on the upcoming wedding, and how they would go about tearing Damien and Lucy apart. That was the first step of course, which would likely be easier than the second. After all, he had no idea how they would manage to convince Damien to take Mirabelle back.

"At night?" he said as Mirabelle mentioned when the wedding would be taking place. "Good." The Darkling was certainly pleased that the event wouldn't be taking place in broad daylight, which certainly made things easier for him. It also meant that he had more options as how he would approach the situation, since it was much harder to be a sneak when the sun was shining bright above you.

14. Likes Cayce liked this post

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally listens to the various answers and questions, she wasn't that surprised to learn about Mirabelle already speaking with someone that could catch glimpses of something more about the situation. The price for such information wasn't any of her concern. Besides, it kind of sounds like Mirabelle either employed a Private Detective or had a lot of time to stalk the new woman.

"I could use some help picking out an outfit for this, although I believe I have the funds needed to purchase the outfit." She says, pretty much her way of saying she'll join in this wedding crashing. It sounded like it'll be interesting at the very least and hopefully won't become a major pain in the butt by the end of it.

16. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread