(Private) Survival and smoothness

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon arches an eyebrow when he finally gets what she means:

"Oh, you mean, special-special? Sorry, following the wrong way for that. Hm, maybe Bishop could..." - he rubs his chin but then shrugs off the contemplation, - "Anyway, I'll be setting up a workshop at our place - you can call if you need stuff crafted, maybe we can work something out".

Her tentative comment about a relationship gets one of his warmer smiles:

"Sounds like a story but I won't pry".

The advice on running is regarded in silence. The mirth vanishes, yet again. It's like Ermon is pretty good at controlling his emotions. He stops the clumsy stretching at once and starts walking around, shaking and rubbing his legs in practiced movements:

"Yeah, you're solid and hired", - a hand is stretched towards the water, - "Thanks. Sorry, I, err... Actually, I know lots of stuff about running, needed to check if you could explain it well. You know, people being good at something themselves and sucking at explaining. Glad that's not you".

He takes a step back, thinks about something for a moment and nods to himself:

"Okay, here are the terms. I respect your boundaries and poke only lightly at them, you do whatever you want with mine. We meet once a week: I don't need you to hold my hand. You'll develop a training schedule for me and correct mistakes. I have one and a half hours in the morning and half an hour in the evening every day. I'm interesting in running, jumping, throwing stuff and archery. And I'm looking to build endurance, to hold more stuff inside without my head spinning", - the Warlock offers her his hand, - "And, of course, I pay you. Deal?"

Promises hold power, even when they aren't sealed with Fate.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

A
    Asp

"Thanks, man." Asp chuckled, shaking her head in that way people did when they were highly amused. Testing her? He didn't need to put on airs and act like a clumsy rookie. The Arrow held honour among their highest virtues. If she couldn't teach, she wouldn't have held herself out as an instructor. She gave him a contemplative look. "All right, that sounds good to me. I'm in need of a couple of things, so I may ask you to grab 'em for me over the course of our training rather than paying me in cash on a per session basis, if that's okay by you. Nothin' too crazy, mind you - I promise I won't ask for a jet. But basic stuff like a decent computer that I can do research on? That's stuff I can't afford on my regular means right now. Sound fair enough?"

She handed him the water and shook his other hand.

"By the way? What you see is what you get with me. I won't say I can do something if I can't do it, so no need to be playing about, okay? I'll be straight with you, you be straight with me. That's just how I do." She grinned at him. Her tone was relaxed; it was a gentle reminder of her Order's tenets and her character, nothing more.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon nods his head at her conditions:

"Sure, I don't mind. Stuff is more useful than money anyway."

Her second comment gets a chuckle, though:

"Sorry, I don't judge you by the crowd you run with: been burned before. But you seem honest and we have a deal", - he offers her a handshake. Normally touching isn't very smart among mages but if they're going to train together... There's careful and then there's paranoid.

Wrap up?
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

A
    Asp

"Fair enough." She gave him a firm handshake back; as suspicious as Asp might be, there was no threat here. "Call me up and we'll set up a first day! Now... lets run!"

Andale! There was still a jog to be had.

Sounds good!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread