Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) Zoey and Star

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He walked back, stuffing hands in his pockets, angling back towards Zoey.

This? Needed to be over. Because loafers. He was pretty sure his left pinkie toe was worn down to the bone on one side and stabbing the adjacent toe on the other. At least he'd enjoyed his chat, right?

His eyes picked out Asp and Avis as he rejoined their Sigil Holder.

Oh, yay. Cray Cray was gonna Square it up. Be ready to stop, drop, and roll.

"You gonna watch this time?"
    he asked quietly.

Shhhh, yo. Because Duel.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Of course I am," was the quiet response she gave, watching the area already. "Supposedly I'm a Councillor in this city, so it's only appropriate that I witness it." Zoey responded, "though really I feel more like the little old lady who lived in a shoe at times." She offered him a very small smile briefly, before folding her arms and shaking her head a little bit, her brows drawing together faintly, but enough to show that there was some concern there.

"Watching this happen, though, it doesn't sit right with me. The result of this is that we are supposed to be led by the person who holds the biggest stick, rather than necessarily by the person who most rightly and appropriately can lead. It's unfortunate, but I fail to see how this is going to make anything in this city any better."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, man."

He'd kind of forgotten about the weird cabal councilor thing the city had going. Because weird.

"You know what? What I'm thinking?
    " his own voice dropped into a whisper to match hers. "You totally need a Provost."

He grinned at her, still surprised at her words. Strange. So strange.

"Honestly? I'm trying to, uh, figure out why some Johnny Appleseed had to roll into town. Y'know?"

He was also totttttally curious what Aquinas had to say at Mastigos 'R Us.
    - Roald Dahl

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

She granted him a briefly raised brow before she chuckled. "You want to be my Provost, Star? Is that what I'm hearing?" she inquired, a playful little smirk on her features.

"Maybe if you ask really, really nicely. After all, when I asked you to change the lightbulbs you didn't make sure that order was followed through, did you? Can't say I'm sure you're... qualified..." she added, slowly following after the crowd, but keeping herself rather near her cabalmate, her gaze moving to be certain she could see her other derps. Three... and four. Okay. Accounted for.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"I dunno... does it come with, like, a sash or some fancy badge of office?"

Crackin' funnies while the highest Seat in the Consilium was being disputed? VT in the house, yo.

"You just want me to ask nicely. Or interview. Interview."
    He almost did the air quotes. He did Totally Not Crack Up Cough, though. Cover that cough with your hand. Manners. They're A Thing. And? Just because A Thing wasn't A Thing anymore, didn't mean it couldn't be funny.

He started moving when everyone else did, sticking with Zoey. Safety in numbers.

"Ummmm. What's a Key-Bearer? And Walker of the Ways?" This time? Yeah. He was whispering.
    - Roald Dahl

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Oh an Interview is very important," she offered back with a wry grin and a playful wink of her own for a moment as she continued, before dropping her arms and giving him a perplexed look. Key Bearer? Walker of the Ways?

Zoey fell silent after a moment, looking towards the Duel for a moment before trying to decide which was the more important matter. Educating her cabalmate, or watching this Duel? A sigh slipped from her as she shook her head. Ah. The Legacies that Aquinas had spoken of? That was precisely the interesting thing that required some clearing up - and something that had left her conflicted about Aquinas entirely. Key-Bearers, Solomonists, had a tendency towards being a bit power hungry. Seeing his push for power... was also interesting.

It took her time, though, and it wasn't until a little after Star asked that she considered the notion that perhaps the uneducated Key-Bearer himself had meant Walker in Mists. That made much more sense for the Acanthus... Her fingers pressed at her temples thoughtfully as she tried to decide precisely how to respond. Her playful expression had faded into something a little more serious as she looked to him again.

"Key-Bearers, or Solomonists... are a legacy familiar to both the Silver Ladder and those on the Path of Scourging," she explained in whispers of her own in return, cautious about those around. "So a Warlock of the Silver Ladder having it is not uncommon," primary Arcana? Mind. She wasn't very well about to tell Star that in blatant public, though, no matter how they were whispering. Just the same as she wasn't going to out and out chat about the goetic predilictions of Solomonists right there. "We'll talk more about that later. Remind me when we get home. It may become more relevant.

"Walkers in Mists," she continued, correcting him for his own sake, "are a legacy more close to home for the Acanthus and the Alae Draconis."
    Her distaste for the Mysterium was clear enough even in that, though with the whispering it would take someone paying very close attention to notice, if they didn't already know. "They are Acanthus with a more natural understanding of Space than would be common to the Enchanters. Similarly, I'll indulge you further on this conversation after we get home, if you're interested in knowing more. But they are commonly known as Druids."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Hmmm. Good stuff. Handy Mandy. It was totally better having in-house info than having to go pry it out of a Book.

"Yes, please, more, later."

He looked over with the Very Serious face, and nodded. Just because, you know, there'd been some joking around. He shifted, moving to Zoey's other side to get a better vantage point. Maybe time for one more question? He kept his voice at a whisper.

"Mmmmm. Yes, no. Any reason for those to be a factor in this? Traditional enmity, methods or ideologies at odds?"
    - Roald Dahl

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

Zoey simply raised a finger to her lips to shush the other, before using the same finger to point towards the combatants. It didn't matter now. What mattered now was how this ended. What mattered now was presenting herself as a respectable councellor, for all that would mean once this matter was decided. The display was a curious one, for her, Aquinas' chains granting the other Warlock a slightly quirked brow of interest.

Closed Thread