Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Morning Coffee

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

The Sewnskin Doctor

"Pffffffffft." Oh yeah, ladies man. He certainly let loose his inner Casanova with the little chess match with Avis from the Arrows Field Day. When it comes down to it, Geist finds that his mojo works better in the addled haze of an industrial rave rather than the light of day. The Moros indulges in a few chopped snorts of laughter at his own expense before piping up. "I dunno, man. I get the feeling that if I roll up over there looking for a discount, she's gonna throw me out on my ass. It happened at this one Starbucks in San Fran when I tried to weasel my way outta paying for an extra order caramel latte that I really did not need. 'Sides, making numbers disappear seems to be Miss Magician's specialty."

His words are a little sharper than they sounded in his mind. He nervously clears his throat and gives Seren an apologetic glance. "Yeah, I work at the Auto-Shop not too far from here. My uncle owns the place and if you need something mechanical fixed up right we've got cheap prices. What are you doing down here Bea? Austin's pretty far a ways a way from Sac-Town."

C
    Cyler

"Muffin-wich?" What kind of a sick mind had the idea of defiling a sweet, little, plump muffing and turn it into a sandwich - the thought of eating one of those seemed wrong.

"No, just for a coffee." Beatrix said holding her cup of black brew into view before gently tapping her finger on the rim, "Can't start my day without it or else everything feels out of order. This place was just the nearest to my new apartment."

When introductions came to pass, the blonde Moros nodded as each awakened offered their names. Knowing that she wasn't the only new-comer at the table somehow made her feel more relaxed so when Jonokuchi joked about the young punk and his endeavors with the opposite sex she had no problem joining in the fun.

"I agree with Jonokuchi on this. You must have plenty of girls dropping at your feet thanks to that rebel look you've got." Beatrix said trying to sound as serious as the sumo before giving the other Moros a slight smirk. Geist wasn't exactly her type, not at all actually, but she had to admit that he had that certain 'fuck the system' attitude that could be exciting to be around.

"Well, Geist, things change and not always for the better. When I finally realized that, I knew I needed change in my life." Beatrix said, of course that was only the vaguest answer she could give them without revealing too much; secrecy was a weapon for anybody, especially a mage. "I heard that our community here in Sacramento could use a hand so I decided to move here and help out."

"What about you guys? What brought you here to the River City?"

R
    Rhapsody032590

Seren grinned at all the attention being throwing at Geist, she was far from a jealous woman.

"I can make a lot more than, numbers disappear, I’m quite good with coins and articles of clothing as well. I’m not quite up to something like the Statue of Liberty yet. " She smiled innocently at Geist before answering Bea’s question.

"I got tired of the Mojave, the desert can get just a little too weird for me some days, thought I’d see what the River City could offer me, so far it’s been muffin-wiches, cheap housing, a potential Zombie walk, and entrancing company. "

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Coming home. And getting away from L.A." Crowley found and guzzled his coffee. It was a good way to cut off his speech so he didn't have to explain how anarchic the Assembly had become in that neck of the woods.

Jonokuchi

PRE

As the banter continued, Jonokuchi's eyes wandered to the clock over behind the counter and sighed. He returned his gaze to the group around the table.

"Time goes on. I must return to my training," he said bluntly before standing, catching part of the table with his bulk and knocking over the dregs of his foul tea. He sighed. However, he did give a small bow to those around him. "Have a good day. It was interesting to meet you."

It was never nice. Nothing about meeting other mages was ever nice. He did, however, wait for any further pleasantries before departing.

FC here. I didn't realise this scene had been going on so long. Time to start wrapping it up

The Sewnskin Doctor

Somebody's pulling at Fate's threads here. Five mages just happen to settle down within walking distance of each other and just happen to find themselves meeting by pure coincidence. Geist isn't complaining, but he does feel like something happens to be pushing along the entire scene. Perhaps he's caught the paranoia bug but he finds himself checking the windows for some shadowy interloper. Nothing reveals itself of course but it doesn't help his sudden case of the shivers. He looks over at the other mages as he grabs the trash at the table while checking the the time.

Definitely behind schedule.

Or whatever you call the loose, meandering, thing Geist keeps track of, feeling more like a connect-the-dots picture than a schedule proper.

Maybe I can bring these guys around the Byzantine and the FC section of the Club? That way we can talk Consilium stuff without throwing out techne to keep it on the down low.He checks over his shoulder again for any listening Sleepers. "I gotta dash myself; some things and stuff to get to. But if you guys wanna talk around a crowd that's in the know, I can get you some VIP treatment at that Byzantine place Seren was talking about. I know the guy who owns the place and if anybody's got night to burn this Sunday night, I can shoot him a text. Place's got great beer and these really tasty duck-fat fry things that go great with sauce. Anyone game?"

He looks around the table for any takers, lingering on Seren as he does so. Then, Geist slides to a stand on his clacking skates. He will offer directions and addresses if asked. Unless stopped, he will depart the coffee shop.

OOC: Indeed! If anyone wants to start up a Private Scene at the Byzantine's Lounge to talk about recent events in the Consilium without Sleeper censoring yourself, I'll set it up.

C
    Cyler

As Jonokuchi says his farewell, Beatrix's phone rings with the unmistakenable guitar intro of 'Sweet Child of Mine'. It starts to get grandiose and memorable before the Moros produces the phone out of a pocket, glances at the screen, and then mutes the song.

"I'm up for a get-together on Sunday at this Byzantine place," Beatrix says before scribbling her number on a stray napkin and handing it to the punk. The name of the club doesn't ring a bell with her but she knows could find it, a search on internet would definitly help. "Text me the time and I'll see you there."

"I probably should get this," She adds before glancing at her still ringing phone. She would have liked to talk to the mages for some more but when business calls one has to answer. "It was a pleasure meeting y'all and I hope that next time we'll have a proper chat."

With her pleasantries said Beatrix waves and the leaves the gathering answering the phone just as she exits the coffee shop.
    Count Beatrix in for the Scene at the Lounge

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley blinked. Looked at the time. Blinked again.

"Yeah. Sure. That sounds like a plan, yeah." Crowley grinned. He filled in the time by tapping out a beat on the lid of his coffee.

Hmm. Tepid. Might just be passable if I hurry.

He lifted the cup to his lips, eyes watching the a manic intensity.

Jonokuchi

PRE

With a final nod, Jonokuchi pressed his bulk from the table and from the coffee shop, glad to be away from the frustration of rivals chatting away.

Jonokuchi leaves scene

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread