Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) Sir Baldwin and Roderick Pearson

THREADID
    P
    Peter Baldwin

"Mr. Pearson, wait," Baldwin said as he moved after Roderick when he was heading out. The Knight's tone was as serious as the situation commanded, but not commanding. He wasn't here to rough Pearson up or anything. Just to make sure that some Deputy didn't have to.

Moonfang

M

Roderick was not one to openly complain about the location of bases, having grown used to the sounds of gun and artillery fire as well as the ever constant roar of various engines. It was enough at the time to have a soft place to sleep. But those sounds would be a lullaby to the droning sounds coming from the speakers around the club and only worse when the man responcible for it gets the inclination to scratch up perfectly good vinyl records like that. Damn brats.

Good food, though. They feed us.

"Shuddup." Roderick muttered it out, holding the side of his head as he worked to close up the walls of his armors, restrain the Beast deeply within it's prison. It didn't grow easy when he heard Baldwin calling out to him. The soldier wheeled around and shook his head at the Knight, "You shouln't be around me at the moment. Won't be good for your.. reputation." Not to mention his health.

The insolent one. Prove our strenght, subjicate him!" The Beast made a hard press against his control and he had to close his eyes to concentrate to reign it in again.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin was undaunted. Cautious, but undaunted.

"I'll be fine. I know there's something wrong and I want to help you - which starts with tonight, here, now. Mr. Connery is going to want to speak with you about what happened tonight. Ms. Sage is already going in to see him." His tones were calm, and honest. "You can see it would be best if he didn't have to send his men to fetch you later, right?"

The Knight's smile in that instant was a combination of tough and kind. He wasn't heartless. Not yet.

"You want to come down with me? You can get this thing out of the way and explain what's going on to him so nobody has to wonder? I'm not going to make you. You can turn and walk out the door if you want. It's up to you. I'm just saying, think. Now's the time to address this, not after his men come to get you."

M

"Fuck me..." Roderick let out a sigh and nodded as he took a step forward. Simple enough, report in and maybe get some answers--

NO! Roderick's second step haulted early as the Beast's shriek punched through his thought processes. They will kill us! The Connery, Dangerous! The vivid image of the Reeve slicing through Joslyn's arm like it wasn't there flashed through his mind. He tried to gather his rational thoughts to combat it but it was battered again, The Clarke will learn. Remember the threat! The face to face reprimanding and death threat from the Prince flashed through his mind. He was starting to loose ground in the struggle for self control. Then was the hardest blow. Look at HIM! He always dangerous. Always wants to hurt us! Roderick knew it was a lie, was just a trait of Baldwin's. But he was steadily having trouble convincing himself of that. No you don't. You are not winning this.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-15 19:06:06 Roderick rolls 6 to resist the Beast's influence (10 Again) 9, 5, 8, 10, 1, 6, 6 3 successes

You know it is true-- SHUT UP AND OBEY! With every portion of his mind, he forced out an image of a burning flame. The same one he stared deeply into during his nights of draining, teaching himself to resist the frenzy of panic. The Beast, however, was still afraid and slinked away to the darkest resesses of his mind. For now.

Back in control and not more than a few moment's passed, Roderick continued walking to Baldwin. Standing before the Knight, he nodded, "I want to know.. what is going on, too."

P
    Peter Baldwin

"Good man," Sir Baldwin said encouragingly after having watched Roderick wrestle with himself for a few seconds. "Come on, then. Let's head on back."

And with that, I'll let you post into the Court again first

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.