Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1406)(AFD) Ermon and Faith

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    B
    Bean

Umbrey largely ignores the commotion around him or at least seems to do so. "Not at all Faith, Ermon and I will talk then."

After she leaves he turns back to Ermon. "I don't think she's offended by the way so don't worry. At least not very much so." Umbrey nods in a reassuring fashion. "But yes as she said I'm Umbrey. Silver Ladder of the Moros path. It's a pleasure. If there's anything I can do to help you out with Silver Ladder business or just any business in general, feel free to ask. I'm somewhat new to Sacramento but I've been with the Ladder for years now."

Umbrey had at this point gotten into the habit of, before he goes to an Awakened event, write his shadow name and affiliations with his order with his personal cell phone number on a small blank card. It is one of these that he hands to Ermon.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon laughs at Faith's reaction and gestures at the majestic cathedral around them:

"Sorry, didn't want it to sound so stupid. Just feels weird mentioning strippers in here, y'know? Anyway, have fun!"

Unseen Senses, 2xx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-09 12:15:09 Ermon rolls 4 to do I smell spellz? (Perception - 2) (10 Again) 4, 8, 9, 5 2 successes

The Mage who just entered gets a good long look from him. There's a ton of magic in here, so why the hell does the man stand out? Is he casting in the Concillium? In Arrow headquarters? What the actual fuck?

So he turns to Umbrey and accepts the card somewhat distractedly:

"Sorry, yeah, thanks, just a sec...", - it takes a moment to stifle his paranoia somewhat, - "Hey, the guy who's entered? The one looking like his dayjob is happy-clown? Do you know him?"
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

After giving her number and a few smiles to Ermon, Faith leaves the scene.

B
    Bean

Umbrey looks in the direction that he's being directed.

Unseen Senses (3 Successes)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-10 22:59:52 Umbrey rolls 4 to Wits + Comp - 2 (10 Again) 9, 9, 5, 10, 3 3 successes

"If you mean him, I've spoken to him before but I wouldn't say I know him." He looks at Aquinas for a long moment, though not long enough to be rude or intrusive in Umbrey's opinion. "Why do you ask?"

Umbrey turns back to Ermon to await his response.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon scratches the back of his head, looking somewhat, what's the word? Shy? Ermon? Never. Maybe just being polite.

"Well, I don't know much about protocol and stuff but isn't casting spells at Concillium without announcing them hella rude? Especially in a place that had a freaking Abyssal hallucination infestation some time back? I mean, who knows what the spell is, right?"
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

B
    Bean

Umbrey opened his mouth to begin to answer but the waves of announcements beat him to it. The first announcement, from Leo, gave one meaning of this Consillium meeting. It was just a get-together to perhaps 'have fun' and 'get to know your colleagues' with a fair amount of competition. The idea intrigued Umbrey as he wasn't particularly good at any of the activities so anything he could do, he would more than likely lose. Umbrey spends a silent moment contemplating what events he would lose the least face by losing when the next announcement came.

Finally, the real meaning of this Consillium meeting came to light. The formality and word choice of Aquinas made Umbrey smile a bit even, admiring the way the newcomer (or returner) chose his actions, volume, tone, etc. It had a grace to it that he really appreciated. It made him think of some of the other people he's had to interact with lately (especially politically) and wondered how they would have done it. Probably call a vote. But no, Aquinas is doing it the proper way.

And the Hierarch is accepting in a proper way as well. Umbrey is perhaps a little surprised that she is even going to fight back instead saying 'whelp see ya then' and running out of town or into the shadows as seems to be her way. But she does and it also impresses the Théarch.

"Well I suppose there's your answer to that then eh?" Umbrey finally turns back to Ermon.

B
    Bean

After sitting in a comfortable (at least to Umbrey, who rather liked the quiet) silence for quite some time, Umbrey nodded to Ermon.

"Well alright, I'll be seeing you around bud. It was nice meeting you, take care of yerself." And with that Umbrey got up and walked around.

Umbrey goes to main scene.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread