11 - 12
DISPLAYED
(Tactics) Geist vs. Avis

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

The Sewnskin Doctor

"Aaaaaaaaand whoop dere it is."

3 Sux to WINNING
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-22 23:34:38 Geist rolls 7 to Int+Res+EM (10 Again) 10, 1, 3, 2, 6, 10, 10, 1, 6, 2 3 successes

Geist pulls Avis into a checkmate immediately after the desperate move to sacrifice her queen. He puts on a fakey Mexican accent and knocks over the piece with the rook. "Viva la Revolucion!" The Imago of her King hanging from a shadownoose slips into his mind but the Moros has sense enough to dispel the temptation of Vulgar shadow rotes. Let's try not being a dick to Avis and not flashing a vulgar FC rote in the middle of a Consilium wide party. I don't have enough bridges to start burning them. 'Sides, she's got a butt that won't quit. Props for that.

He hands Avis the piece after he's finished with his self-admittedly childish antics with a grin while he admirably attempts to keep the I-effing-got-you-dude-I-GOT-YOU-GEWD off of his face. "GG, Avis and I swear I'm not trying to get you rustled here. I got sloppy at the beginning and took the shot. Shoulda double-tapped, but hindsight right? And if They looking at us screw around at chess hard as you think they are, They definitely saw that. And they saw you push through to checkmate. Gotta count for something, right?" Warm mahogany lingers on dull green. Kinda like jade if you think about it. They've got this...weird heaviness if you look hard and deep enough. Oh come on, am I seriously getting lost in her eyes. What is this, high school?

The Moros groans internally.

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

What the fuck? How did you even double-tap at chess? What was this guy's problem. He'd fucking won, wasn't that enough?

Avis searched Geist's features, barely managing not to glare the Moros through the floor. His antics didn't do much to lift her mood, instead inspiring a desire to test the capabilities of a chess piece as a means to crush someone's trachea, but the warm gaze he turned on her somehow diffused her spite and left a swath of confusion in its wake. Was he...trying to impress her?

No way. There was no way, but the idea lingered uncomfortably and she couldn't process how she'd feel about it even if that was true.

"Just, uh, well played,"
    Avis replied, standing up hurriedly. "Enjoy your victory and, uh, good luck in your next match." She paused momentarily, looking Geist up and down, and then, without another word, shuffled off to the side so she could fade into the clutch of those observing the remaining matches.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread