Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1406) Arrow Field Day Take Two

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

“Maybe a little,” the syndic took a moment to look over his apparel, “but somehow… I just don’t think I would feel like ‘me’ without it” he finished with an uncharacteristically mischievous grin. Then, after waving to the Hierarch as she departed, he caught eye of the snack table, and migrated in its direction.

Kite joins the crowd here

Leo Lockheart

PRE

The First Talon took a quick drink and a deep breathe before addressing the crowd. Then he reconsiders and takes a second, longer drink. Public speaking was so not his thing.

"Yo!" He shouted to get everyone's attention. At least there were a lot of familiar faces he could talk to. "Welcome everyone and thank you all for attending the second Arrow Field Day. I'm your host for the afternoon Leo Lockheart."

A deep breathe and a quick sip and Leo continues. "For those interested we have some events setup around the Circle. Since this is an Arrow event we are emphasizing adaptability and competition, so I hope you all will feel comfortable trying events you are unfamiliar with."

'Totally just channeling Vae now...' He thought with a smile.

"We'll be having a foot race around the Circle along with a long jump competition." He points out the doors people had come in through. "And I'll have tables set up for a chess match and translation contest along that wall." His hand floats over to the wall opposite the snack table.

'...just keep channeling Vae.'

"Down the hall we'll be having a boxing and blade tournament, and at the end of the hallway will be the Archery contest." He finished with a look to Animus. "I hope you all enjoy yourself, and the buffet will be open all day." He looks back to Kite and company hoping they would move out of the way. "Oh, and as my predecessor said, keep it covert. Thank you and enjoy."

There, not so hard. He channeled Vae and he didn't shoot a single new person in the head. Though he did freeze in place.

'Why the fuck did I just think that's an accomplishment!?' He pinches the bridge of his nose and makes his way back to the snack table. Poor Raiden.

Placeholder for Competition threads. Rules and sign up here.

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1

May I have everyone's attention for just a moment, with apologies to our hosts in the Arrow.” Aquinas' firm voice rings out across the murmurs of the Circle. His steps to where Leo just vacated are sure and certain. The Mastigos nods faintly towards the First Talon. There was no turning back now.

I am Aquinas of the Vox Draconis, Warlock on the Path of Scourging, Scion of the Watchtower of the Iron Gauntlet in the Realm of Pandemonium. I am the adopted son of the Consilium of the Sacrament, a Master of Pandemonium, and a Bearer of the Key.

Resolve sung out like a pure note.

I have come to formally challenge Avalon, formally Dál Riata, of the Visus Draconis, Enchanter on the Path of the Thistle, Scion of the Watchtower of the Lunargent Thorn in the Realm of Arcadia, Hierarch to the Consilium of the Sacrament, Master of Space, and Walker of the Ways to a Duel Arcane.”

The Mastigos lets the words be digested by all around them, though his gaze never once waivers from Avalon. These were the Shadow Laws that govern all that were smiled upon by the Supernal. Hundreds of years of tradition wrapped up in seemingly simple phrases.

But, a secret freed rang out like a gunshot across the Circle.

Aquinas was sure that he would win, he had to.

Under her leadership, the Consilium of the Sacrament has floundered.” This, Aquinas explains to the Consilium at large. “It struggles where it should be an Example to all of her Sister Consilia in the Northern California region. The Pentacle squabbles with itself, the Tetrarchy grows in power unchecked, Banishers grow bolder, the Left Handed prod at its defenses, and the proverbial wolves bay at the door.” And if that wasn't enough, “The Golden Consilium is making subtle moves at annexing Sacramento as its own. I ask you," he asks, "will Avalon stand in their way?

Aquinas' words turn back to Avalon, softening somewhat as though pleading for her to simply put down her pride, “Avalon, we've been through this. You've failed as a Hierarch and as a Leader, you only have yourself to blame. You and I both know that your heart isn't in this. I challenge you to a Duel Arcane, for your seat, in one month's time.

This was the moment that Avalon was dreading and secretly hoping would come. But, her pride would not let her simply relent to the man who challenged her now. This was Fate and she and Aquinas were tied together. The Daioine who predicted this, years ago, was right.

Avalon just wished that it wasn't so soon.

The Hierarch's gaze had not really left Aquinas once he arrived and once the inevitable happened, she lowered her staff and stared directly at the Challenger. “I, Avalon, formally Dál Riata, member of the Visus Draconis, Enchanter on the Path of the Thistle, Scion of the Watchtower of the Lunargent Thorn in the Realm of Arcadia, Hierarch to the Consilium of the Sacrament, Master of Space, and Walker of the Ways, accept your challenge and your terms.

Avalon's lackadaisical smile has long since faded, but her features were schooled to suppress the rage that ran through her blood. He had used her old shadow-name, a relic, and pierced her truth. She should have known. Avalon did not deny it although she could have.

One month then, Aquinas, prodigal son of the Sacrament.

Schooling Features, 5 Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-12 11:00:16 Avalon rolls 7 to Schooling Features (10 Again) 3, 8, 3, 8, 10, 1, 10, 8, 4 5 successes
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop was on his way to inspect the little events that were offered, when the newcomer Aquinas opened his mouth. Bishop stopped dead in his tracks, when the man was half-way into his second sentence. Such formality seldom bode well on such occasions. Then came the challenge, and Bishop had to really restrain himself from not laughing out loud.

<All thrones are false. Yours will be no exception.> he thought, smiling inwardly. He was not quite sure, how the Epopt would appreciate the situation, but he had a fair assumption, that her thoughts might divert into the same direction. Then he heard the answer from Lady Avalon.
    <Dal Riata. That sounds like a punch below the belt. Sounds she'll give Aquinas a decent run for his money then.>

Bishop gave a mental shrug. He wasn't sure, if this would lead to a commotion, but then again he needed to rectify an error on his behalf and thus he did not wait for what happened next. Instead he made a brief detour over to the Guardian compound, procuring his bag with sportswear.
    <Should have known. Frigging Arrows.>
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

6. Likes Matamune, Teeramus, Cayce liked this post

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

The response she made was swift - very swift. The Heirarch challenged to a Dual Arcane? Yeah. She was there. Absolutely there. She'd had to call short the meeting she'd been in, leaving her to arrive in a beige blouse and black dress pants, but there were some things she considered to be more important than others. This was one of them.

Stepping into the Circle, she was immediately overwhelmed by the number of people present - that... oh boy. That was a lot of people. Even still, she cast a quick glance around for a few moments before giving up. Nope. She wasn't seeing her fauxbal clearly and she wasn't quite ready to go hunting, either. There was sort of something of importance - that was why she was there. She shot a quick text back to Cut to inform him that she'd arrived, before doing her best to locate the Hierarch and her challenger.

Less two dice for combined cast - oops! So 4 sux; Mental Shield pot2/Misperception pot2, Third Eye pot2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-13 12:33:54 Ozymandias rolls 8 to Third Eye (Gno+Mind+HS) (10 Again) 4, 4, 2, 1, 4, 9, 8, 2 2 successes
    2014-06-13 12:28:43 Ozymandias rolls 8 to Misperception+Mental Shield (HS) (10 Again) 3, 10, 4, 4, 10, 1, 8, 10, 4, 7, 10, 6 5 successes

R
    Rhapsody032590

Seren moved quickly, for the first time that day thanking herself for wearing her riding boots as opposed to the normal heels that she would have worn to such an event. She spotted Aquinas still standing where he had issued his formal challenge. Showtime, I did pledge my services to his cause.

When she reached Aquinas she gave a sweeping low bow to the would-be-king and spoke loud and clear, her voice ringing though the hall. “For those of you who don’t know me, I am Seren MacGwydion of the Vox Draconis. Enchanter of the Path of Thistle and thorn, Child of Arcadia. Newly come to the Consilium of the Sacrament to make it my home, formerly of the Consilium of the Second Chance, disciple of the ways of Raw Magic, and Apprentice of Time. I do here offer you my services in squaring your circle. I offer this for your duel in one month’s time with the Uncertain Hierarch Avalon, formerly Dál Riata.” Her voice to this point had been clear and enthralling, aiming to captivate her audience in the crowded room. She dropped her voice lower so only Aquinas and those closest to them could hear the last she spoke.

“This I do in the name of the Vox Draconis and the oath of support I made you for your claim.”

Captivating speech 1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-13 12:39:03 Seren rolls 6 to Give an enthralling speech to the Consilium (Presence: 3 + Expression: 3) (10 Again) 10, 6, 6, 3, 7, 3, 5 1 success

A
    Asp

In amongst Leo's instructions and the speeches by the various parties and whatnot, Asp saw Ozymandias enter. She was departing her chat with Ixidor and Geist and heading to see Cut and Avis, and she waved the Guardian over in an affable way.

They certainly had some shit to discuss.

Asp joins this thread.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

One day.

That's all Leo wanted. One day where the Awakened of Sacramento could get together and talk and have fun and not deal with political drama bullshit time. But no. That's too much. Not only is it time for politics and flowery words, but Leo got "Avalon", "Guardian", and "Annex" out of new guy and was now in full Sentinel mode.

With his hand clenching the bottle tight enough it was a step away from shattering, Aquinas could practically see the full wrath of the Aether as The First Talon approached him. "A word please?" It was worded as a question, but it clearly wasn't. Eyes flick over to the current Heirarch, not bothering to even acknowledge Seren. "Avalon, could you join us in the dormitories as well?" Again definitely not a request.

He turned back towards the front entrance of the Circle and moved for a small wooden door off to the side. "Order heads are welcome to join us." He called out for Ariadne and Ixidor . Finally a pointed finger signaled Animus to follow as well.

Leo and the big wigs continue here.

Looking as concerned as he was hurried, Kite wordlessly dodged various passersby as he migrated towards the other end of the room. Eventually, he reached the small wooden door next to the building’s entrance, which he swiftly entered with an expression of resolved purpose.

Kite follows Leo to the dorms

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread