Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Private) The Climb

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Asp

The climb continued.

The top was almost in arm's reach.

She kept her eyes on the prize, determined. The Guardian had impressed her. That she'd even got her competitive juices flowing on the wall was surprising and cool.

9/10
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-03 16:39:47 Asp rolls 6 to Finish It (10 Again) 5, 5, 4, 2, 5, 9 1 success

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

How. High. Was. This.

At least the top was close. Felt like forever. It was the silence. Nothing since that growl. Shit. He shouldn't have made that crack. Was she pissed? He paused to wipe his face against his arm, smearing sweat across the sleeve.

Who's bright idea was this, anyway?

Suck it up, buttercup.

He kept moving. Slow and steady didn't win shit, but it got you there.

1 Success for 8/10
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-03 17:10:58 Cut rolls 4 to OMG How Tall Is This (STR + Ath) (10 Again) 8, 3, 4, 5 1 success
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

So close to the end, and Asp slipped again. What the actual fuck?!

Once more, she was hanging, so close to the end as Cut pulled some tortoise-and-hare shit. She grunted in pain, the strain on her arm actually really not very nice at all.

It occurred to Asp that she probably needed to cool down. Was she usually this feisty? She thought not, but hey. There was a sick burn in her arm going on. She'd need a serious stretch once this was done.

Fail, caught self
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-03 17:17:33 Asp rolls 6 to Don't fall (10 Again) 1, 2, 5, 2, 9, 2 1 success
    2014-06-03 17:17:11 Asp rolls 6 to The End (10 Again) 6, 3, 1, 1, 2, 3 failure

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

There was sweat. In his eyes.

Ow.

Things like that? Exactly why he didn't do things like this.

Suddenly sweatbands made sense. Sure, they looked dumb as all get out, but, the alternative.

Really? He never thought he'd find himself wanting a headband so much.

9 of 10!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-03 17:27:27 Cut rolls 4 to Parts of Me Hurt (STR + Ath) (10 Again) 2, 5, 8, 1 1 success
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp groaned in pain as she pulled herself up, getting her footing. She found her rhythm again quickly, tapping the top and rubbing her arm. "Fuck," she hissed. That hurt. Thankfully, Life. It was expected that Arrow would be physically fit, but using Life to heal the aches and pains was a part of the Adamant Way. The Supernal is the Self, and all that.

"Nice climb," she said, panting a little and flashing Cut a tired smile. There was sweat there, too, and aching. "You're pretty good at this, man."

12/10
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-03 17:31:28 Asp rolls 6 to Climb (10 Again) 10, 9, 5, 2, 1, 6, 9 3 successes

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

A hand flopped over the top like a fish out of water.

Done, yes? Please.

No. Apparently he had to pull himself up and over. Why couldn't you just... ring a bell... or something. Then get pulled up and over. There had to be a Suggestion Box. He was Suggesting that. Seriously.

That was totally not fatigue drool he left on the edge as he slid up and over.

"Oh. My. God."

He rolled over on his back, staring straight up.

There was more to say, but his diaphragm disagreed.

Fist bump.

Made it!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-03 17:35:44 Cut rolls 4 to Throw Me The Rope, Inigo (STR + Ath) (10 Again) 3, 1, 9, 8 2 successes
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp fistbumped him back - with the hand further from him, because the arm closer to him hurt - then reached to her belt for the Evian bottle. "Water?"

She sat down there at the top, looking out over Pipeworks, and offered him the bottle as she panted. Yup. Sweaty as fuck. A shower was so going to be a thing later. Preferably a long, hot one until her shitty hot water tank could handle no more.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

What an excellent question.

He wanted the water. Could imagine it, even. But that meant getting up. Can't drink laying down.

Finally, he got himself into a sitting position. Arms protested vehemently at being used to move his body around. As far as they were concerned, they had done their bit for the day. Week, maybe.

"Yes, please."

Sips. Slow sips. Plenty of time to breathe.

Carefully. Don't be that Backwash Person.

"Thanks."

His breathing was slowly returning to normal, and those dark spots that had appeared in his vision when he'd sat up were fading. He passed the water back.

"You, too. But, seriously, I was just trying not to fall off. You didn't have to hold back. Sorry about that crack. I was just, you know, letting you know you didn't have to babysit me."
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp accepted the bottle back gratefully, drinking deeply. Apparently, she wasn't too worried about backwash. Thirst was more important. Plus, Life.

At his apology, she waved it off and gave him a 'no worries' sort of smile. "Oh, man, don't even worry about it. I'm... uh... well, I get competitive. It's a Club Thing."

An Arrow, physical competitive? Who would've thunk it?

"But yeah. It's cool. I was getting annoyed at myself for not performing. But then, boom, got most of the way up the wall, right?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Uh. I'd be kind of worried if you weren't. Legit."

Yeah. Lackadaisical Arrows, they weren't really Arrows, right?

"I mean, yeah, I kind of assumed it was A Thing for you guys. A valuable thing."
    His words came out slowly; part because he was still recovering, but part from sincerity.

"And, I didn't really notice,"
    he laughed. "I was just trying to, you know, make it. So. Ummm. Is that why you joined the Club? Because you're competitive? Or, like, was that something you got after."
    - Roald Dahl

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.