21 - 27
DISPLAYED
Amuse-Gueule

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella turns her attention to Velma as she expresses her ignorance in regards to Invictus etiquette and titles. It didn’t surprise her, not many Kindred were well versed in such matters.

Leaning closer to Velma, “It depends on which titles you are referring to.” She replied, her tone still friendly. “If you are referring to the use of Lady and Madame, then it is simple. Madame is a title given to a Kindred who officially enters Invictus society. See, ever member has a title, though it can change to lets say, Lady, when the Kindred has done honorable service to the Invictus. But that is not to diminish the other titles.” She says with a smile.

“If you are referring to the titles of Notary, Knight or Au Pair, those are simply our professions within the Invictus. Each serving its specified task and duty. Not every member chooses to have an Invictus profession though, but I can assure you they are still valuable members.” She points out. “Though if you desire, it is something we can discuss in greater detail in a more private setting.” She offers.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

2. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Velma listened to Daniella making the presentations, there was a polite shake of her head when the shadow mentioned her manners, apparently dismissing the notion.

She allowed the Nosferatu woman to move forward and she smiled politely to her as she returned with kindness.

“Thank you Madame Hazelton, I’m glad you noticed.” She offered Jennifer a courteous smile and tipped her head gently in recognition. ”I’ve been in Sacramento for a couple of years; it’s amazing how much it has changed since then…” The short smile turns into a small grin. ”I guess it keeps changing even know; even though most of us stay the same…” There was no way of telling just how much one could convey with such a simple message to a group of Invictus.

The Succubus pauses for a moment, she looks to the male Nosferatu. “Sir Baldwin, it’s a pleasure as well.” There seemed to be a curious look passing through her facial features, like someone who might be just too curious to know but too embarrassed to ask as well.

“There is something that has been bothering me for a while… I confess I’m a bit ignorant about the finer points of Invictus etiquete and titles…” The Succubus takes an evaluating look around the room, taking notice of all as the host seemed to be busy receiving the latest arrival.

“What do all your titles mean? I noticed you tend to use them in public, so I suspect every layman or woman can understand them, or should understand them, especially in a town like ours…” The Succubus’ eyebrow raises with curiosity, waiting to see who would step forward to explain…
    Jennifer inclines her head slightly to Miss Star.

"I would be pleased to explain, Miss Star.

The reason why we are saying 'Madame' and then 'Notary'; is to establish that I am released. I stand on my own on the Invictus; with no Sire overseeing my training. When one is not yet officially a member of Invictus society, one would use the address of 'Miss' or 'Master'.
    Lady Au Pair Sage,"
    Jennifer nods to the Lady "- has been conferred the title of Lady through her direct contributions to the First Estate."

The First Estate has titles of function as well. Some find the polite address to be confusing, but it is so that any First Estate member hearing introductions knows where they stand in relation to the newcomer; and the newcomer to themselves. The introduction being conducted by a third party ensures that no one accidentally embarrasses oneself through ignorance."

Jennifer smiles slightly, mentioning politely.

" In the company of the First Estate, you would say the address and then one's title, if any. The title of 'Au Pair' that Lady Au Pair Sage holds means that she has a duty to the Invictus to train potential and current members of the First Estate on etiquette and how to conduct one's affairs to best reflect on the Invictus. The title of function 'Notary' means that I am pledged to oversee oaths conducted between members of the First Estate. " Jennifer becomes more solemn.

"Oaths can be said to be the backbone of the Invictus. We take them seriously as they are a way to have stability within the Covenant ..." Jennifer hears voices and pauses.
    "I would always be pleased to discuss this further with you."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

4. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

"Such a pleasure to meet you, Priscus Star," Sir Baldwin replied with a smile. It did little to make him appear less menacing, sort of like a tiger with a grin on. It might be grinning, but it still had serious teeth. He considered her question, and was perfectly content to allow his Priscus and the Au Pair to explain these things. It was completely within Lady Sage's bailiwick, so he did not feel a need to throw his two cents in needlessly. In fact, it might be rude to do so.

His eyes flicked past the discussion to the small woman entering the room with the use of a cane. No Beast emanated from her, a fact for which Baldwin was most thankful - pressing more sardines into this tin can would only make all of them more antsy, no matter how much Invictus polish and elbow-grease was put into the mix. She appeared to be waiting for their Host, who he had heard opening the door, so he did not engage her just yet.

Sometimes, moments of reflective listening were just fine by the Knight.

W
    Walker

Harold closed the door with a click and turned to the lounge. He headed through to the lounge, but not before giving one of the servants the command to begin warming the first course to the 37 degrees that vitae was best appreciated at. He smiled warmly at his guests as he walked over to Mistress Villers, the click of his dress shoes muffled by the opulently thick carpet.

"You wished to speak with me?" He said, the formality of the phrasing underminded by his cheerful demeanor, which clearly broardcast that he would be very pleased if that was the case. Checking his watch quickly, he saw that the first course should be ready in a few minutes. Jean was a lot of things, but thankfully disorganized was not one of them.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer waited a polite amount of time before realizing that Miss Star was no doubt processing a great deal of information. She glances towards Lady Sage, curious as the statement that Daniella had made.

QuoteQuote:
    "...lets say, Lady, when the Kindred has done honorable service to the Invictus. But that is not to diminish the other titles..."
    Certainly not. Jennifer glances away from the Lady Sage and takes a small step towards the parlor, curious who had arrived. At seeing Kara and Madame Villiers, Jennifer takes a step back to where she was. It would be an entertaining evening. One Ordul, One Crone and four of the First Estate. What shall we talk about? Mr. Thorne's hosting duties were no doubt going to be tasked.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella quietly listens as Jennifer also offers an explanation. When she had finished, Daniella looks to Velma, wondering if she had any questions, or if she would take her up on a meeting. Daniella had left certain things out of her explanation on purpose, and she was still trying to figure out why Jennifer stepped in. She may have just returned to the Domain, but she was still a Lady, and the Au Pair at that. Perhaps Jennifer was only attempting to be helpful, but it still bothered her.

She then turns her gaze to the doorway, seeing who else would be joining them for the evening. A sly smile spreads across her face as she realizes her luck. She had still not had a chance to figure out a proper punishment, but she could certainly have a little fun with Kara. Well, she would consider it fun anyways. Maybe this evening will allow her a clearer picture of Kara, one that open her eyes to whatever may cause her suffering. Her eyes practically sparkled at the thought.

The smile then became a wide friendly one as she sees Martha. Any evening was made more enjoyable by the petite Shadow.

Looking back to those gathered, she realized there was quite a few members of the First Estate. Which could work well if she confronted Kara about her vandalism. Internally she breathed a sigh of relief for having Peter present. One never knew how such an angry and volatile Kindred would behave. It wasn't that she feared Kara, she just wanted to have a stronger Kindred around to assist if it became violent. But if Kara got violent, it was on her own head, and she would have to answer for it.

She quickly debated pulling Jennifer and Peter off to the side to bring them up to speed. But she wasn’t sure when their host would begin to serve the meal. And maybe letting Kara get comfortable and perhaps put her own foot in her mouth was best. It also made her place a lot of trust in the other Invictus to have her back when she addressed the matter.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

9. Likes West liked this post

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

OOC

Velma paid the respectful attention to the words of both the Shadow and the Haunt. From what she had got from their explanations the duties of the Au Pair were exactly those of etiquette and courtesy, titles and sobriquets.
    The fact that it didn’t stop Jennifer from gently stepping in Daniella’s toes told the Ravager the sort of thing she liked to know, and keep, for later use.

”I look forward to discuss further details with both of you, I confess the Oaths part got me curious…” There was a small pause. She shared a smile with Jennifer and then a polite nod to Daniella.

”Being the backbone of the First Estate certainly seems like a challenging duty.” She observed. It couldn’t be more obvious what moved the Haunt to step forward in her explanation… Velma was adept at spotting those things and at making use of them.

Her attention diverged to the door and the latest arrivals, she saw Martha and one unknown kindred entering as well. Her beast made her protest abundantly clear, Velma struggled to keep it all to herself, there was no need to spoil Mr. Thorne’s soiree with green sludge in the carpet and the walls.

”I believe the Seneschal has arrived.” She announced to her small group in a polite and somewhat lowered tone, just in case someone else wasn’t updated on the current duties and standing of Martha Villiers.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

11. Likes West liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.