Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Music at the Byzantine (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    J

"I no longer require curtains. I know what happens beyond each curtain anyway and trying to hide it is a waste of time." She finishes her drink and contemplates ordering another, but thinks better of it. Even if she could entirely nullify the effects of alcohol on her system, it wasn't the way she wanted to introduce herself to the city.

"I suppose it wouldn't even matter the color of the curtains. Grey, crimson, black, I wouldn't need them anymore." She watches as the ice left in the glass melts slowly, ever so slowly, but it does with a pronounced certainty. "It's a shame that the local miscreants are trying to play the game. Is there nothing more important for everyone to do but run around in circles forever? The time of kings has passed us by and the star shines brightest when everyone behaves."
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"It is a human weakness sadly. Even we have to be diligent against it." Though the Heiromagus knows Ariadne would be far more comfortable with someone more skilled than her running the show. She smiles though, Consilium may be a mess right now but there's smart minds involved in getting it stable.

"This place is friendly, just so you know. There's another club called the Rave which has catered to us in the past though I haven't been there in a while." Blue eyes look around for cameras, wondering if Reverb is watching this even right now.

J

She knows that friendly does not necessarily mean secure, so she changes tact with that information in mind. "I'll need to pay a visit sometime. Is that where I can join the local, or is there someone else I need to speak with to let the powers that be know that I'm wanting to transfer home regions?"

Sleepers might make speaking clearly more difficult, but adding new levels of meaning to words and common phrases was a talent that she would never stop enjoying. It even brings the hint of a smile to her face.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"You have as far as our community works." Ariadne doesn't sound exactly happy about that. "There's an old religious center that some people frequent. It's not a bad place to crash or exercise."

"There's also a townhall-like meeting coming up. You can meet the rest of the community then." Assuming there isn't an Arcane Duel or crazy Pentacles.

J

At the news that she effectively has joined the local, she orders another drink. "I guess organization is not one of the strong suits then? Are there no by-laws or has there been recent upheaval? The later is easier to deal with, the former is a mess I'm not sure I want to step into."

No 'by-laws' is a dangerous precedent for a city as large as Sacramento. For something smaller, like Davis down the highway it isn't out of the ordinary, but there probably aren't more than a small cabal or two taking residence. Sacramento is a larger city. There are more than two cabals taking residence, and by the sounds of it the local 'miscreants' are paying enough attention to cause trouble. It's a recipe for disaster and anarchy.

"I'll come to the town hall meeting. It sounds like anything that could deliver some sort of consistency and stability would be a welcome fixture. I can at least provide consistency, and it will be nice to meet the rest of the community." She bites down on an ice cube in reaction to the idea. Consistency won't be easy for her. Meeting the rest of the community likely won't be easy either. There are always little slights and reactions that people have. It's the definition of social chaos for her. "I look forward to it." She plans to at least put a smile on her face.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"There's laws and organizations it just tends to fall to the wayside unfortunately. We're trying to fix it but people are people." Ariadne replies sadly. "Most of the people are good people. Despite some problems in the past everyone tends to get along. Normally at least."

I think we're good? Anything else you wanted to cover?

J

"Good to hear, but that doesn't mean it won't change. Hopefully there can be something in place before it goes to hell in a handbag." She finishes her drink with an efficient motion and drops down a bill large enough for the drinks and a tip.

"I guess we'll be in touch. Let me know if there's anything that is needed of me. You have my number now."

Nothing more on my end. Thanks for meeting.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread