Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1405) Sir Baldwin and Mister Thorne

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin turned to face the corpulent gentleman with the swagger stick who had come forward to welcome him so graciously. He had apparently been recognized, by the ring, no doubt. His eyes cast down for a moment at the stick, wondering if it had been approved to be brought into Elysium, and then back up just north of between Mister Thorne's eyes.

"Mister Thorne, it is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you very much for your invitation. I look forward to attending." He smiled politely. It did little to cut away the Menace's aura. Every interaction between Kindred had a formula, and he sought to carry it out. While Mister Thorne knew him, he did wish to provide him with his appropriate title. "Sir Peter Baldwin, Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Thorned Wreath. I trust you will accept my apology and understand that I mean no slight whatsoever; as a rule, I do not shake hands."

There were Kindred who could do all manner of concerning things to people who they touched. It was simply prudent.

He lowered his tone to one of quiet interest. "That is a most excellently crafted cane you have there, Mister Thorne. Is it commonplace for canes to be permitted in Elysium in Sacramento?"

That was as much of a concern as the Knight would communicate. If the Keeper found it to their displeasure that someone had a long, wooden object in Court, then that would reflect ill upon the First Estate.

W
    Walker

Harold withdrew his proffered hand, it was understandable that the man would be cautious with new Kindred. He spared a glance down to his walking stick, yes underneath the fine laquer was a good meter of lignum vitae, though he found the idea that he might be considered a physical threat with it slightly amusing. If he wanted someone to have an unpleasent night he wouldn't club them over the head, he'd probably just get a drunk to vomit over them, then escalating gradually, until the unfortunate car accident threshold was reached for those who had been shown to be quite irredemable. He left physical violence to people like the Knight, people who were good at it.

"Ah. Yes, there might be the potential to draw the wrong conclusions. No, canes are not commonplace, but I assure you, I have been before the Mistress of Elysia herself with it, indeed she makes considerable usage of one herself. I would not dream of being so crass as to bring any sort of weapon to court. If you didn't notice, I'm not exactly a hardened warrior. I simply use it because it certainly makes locomation much less of a chore, and has the pleasing side effect of allowing advantagous assumptions to be made of me."

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin was about to respond, when Lady Sage made her way over...

Back to the main thread.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.