Discontent

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

You all make it back to the car with haste. It sits untouched, the only car on the street. No sounds of chase can be heard...yet.. The Cahalith's superb hearing has given the Forsaken an advantage..for now.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Alicia-wolf darted into the woods and a moment later emerged as a Hishu. She opened the passenger door and vaulted across into the drivers seat, her fingers scrambling for her keys. The adrenaline made it harder to slot the key in the ignition, but by the time the other wolves had gotten in the car she was turning the key to bring the engine back to life.

-1 Essence to reflexively shift.

L

Slick was just as urgent, hurried, in her movements. Yet also much calmer, without any of the franticness that Alicia displayed. She'd managed to survive worse than this, after all. And as soon as she slips into the passenger seat she takes a few seconds to consider just what direction it was that they should flee in. West would ordinarily have been the answer, away from Pure territory. But that's where the onrushers were coming from.

Which was odd, once she thought about it. Perhaps they'd been roving a bit and had happened to be outside their territory. Or were they hoping that the intruders were raw and would simply get spooked into running deeper into Pure Territory, perhaps they were trying to herd their quarry. It was hard to tell, really. But in any event, she knew what direction to start heading in, at least.

"North, for now." They could always swing west, if necessary, once the Pure had to start chasing instead of trying to intercept. "And remember, if they try to pursue us by car get us to a road where the herd can't see us."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

A women steps out of the shadow of a nearby house. Taking a look around she walks towards the car with purpose. Her right hand rests on the hilt of a sheathed blade. The women looks exhausted, but her eyes burn bright. About the only thing on her that doesn't look run down, worn out, and very tired.

"..Slick....Slick!"

W
    Walker

Marcus spots the woman, her apperance causing a sharp bite of empathy, he'd been like that for far too long. She didn't look like she was part of any pursuit, and he had the greatest respect for anyone who could keep going like that, Luna knows he hadn't. Marcus holds his hand up to Slick, gesturing that she should say seated. "Let me, if it's a trap lets not give them the one they want." He didn't say that he was expendable and she was not, he thought that that was clear enough when they started tonight.

He got out of the car, taking long strides over to the woman, but leaving his hands free of his machete, not wanting the woman to get the wrong idea. It wasn't like he couldn't deal with her without it if she decided to get cute with that blade. "Come on, lets get you to her. You don't want to be around here anytime soon." He didn't bother to sound sympathetic, he knew how condescending someone's pity sounds, and anyway, knowing him he'd probably inspire her to jump in front of a bus.

L

Slick's head swivels over to the woman as she hears her name. Had to be another wolf, to be using it, and Forsaken seemed likely. She wasn't sure that her deed name was one any Anshega had ever heard. Still, it took the Elodoth a second or two to place the woman. They hadn't met often, and her appearance was rather unassuming. But on the other hand, you never really forgot an elder.

"Julia! A glance aside towards Marcus, It's not a trap, that's the Justicar's Beta." And the direction that the runners had been coming from suddenly made a lot more sense. Likely it wasn't that they'd stumbled across the wolves who'd just gotten into the city, they'd been chasing Julia. Who in turn had decided to head back towards her old territory because, whether it was Anshega land now or not, there wasn't a Pure in the city that knew that land as well as she did.

And the sight of a familiar face brought a thrill of excitement coursing through her, despite the circumstances. Just a few seconds ago she'd feared the Justicars were all captured, and not sure if there were any other Forsaken left. The situation was undoubtedly still dire, sure. But not quite so much as it had seemed.

She slipped back halfway out of the car, waving the other woman urgently towards it. "Get in! Once we're on the move, and the Pure can't collapse on us, we'll have time to talk." Because Luna knew there was a lot to go over.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The engine idling, one hand on the wheel, one on the gear shift, Alicia turned to watch the woman as she emerged from the cover of the neighborhood. Alicia glanced back at her part-time pack as they worked out who the woman was and that she belonged in the Chevelle, so the car remained purring along the side of the road until it was full of wolves.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

The women gives Marcus a feral smile. "O I do. Once I have enough of us I'm going to roll through here and leave a trail that would make Fenris-Ur proud." Eyes look from Marcus to the car and Slick.

Ear perks and eyes dart around when Slick mentions the Pure. Taking a look around Julia nods to Marcus. "Caught some attention huh?" She jogs unceremoniously to the car.

"You picked a hell of a time to come back to town Slick." Julia says bluntly though with a small smile. "I know of where the others are." Giving a small nod to Alicia she turns and waves for Marcus to head over quickly.

"Hopefully they just didn't get themselves killed going into Pure turf."

9. Likes Matamune liked this post
    L

Julia's small smile is met with a wry one of Slick's own. "You're telling me, Sacramento's making my time in Idaho seem like it was a vacation." But it was still better than her time in San Francisco, at least. No part of that had been even the slightest bit pleasant. "I was actually wondering if that attention was chasing you, though. Not sure why they'd be coming at us from the west. But we won't be sticking around to find out, in any case."

And as Julia mentioned that she knew where the other's were Slick's smile turned from wry into a big, genuine one. "Now that is the best news I've heard since getting back here. We ran into a raccoon spirit, after what it said I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to find any others. Made it sound like everyone was either killed or captured."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"Just a normal patrol as far as I can tell. Those bastard Kings have grown since they jumped us." Julia replies with venom while looking west. "It's the Predator Kings that my old pack fought. We're the reason you all did not have to deal with a bunch of lunatic monsters." She leaves the rest unsaid, and now the monsters are loose.

"In the car" with a point hand is thrown towards Marcus. Once he's in the car Julia guides Alicia towards what the former Justicar understands as the hotbed of the local Urdaga.

"It was bad. They hit us first. All of them. It looks like a few from your packs survived but I didn't get close enough to ask."

Onward! Good scene everyone!

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7