Ended
Watch
21 - 27
DISPLAYED
Ack: Douglas Fischer

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Martha Villiers

PRE

"It is simply that those profession are all, to one extent or another, trained observers, sir. The very sort of people adept at dealing with an emerging crisis and tackling the unpredictable. Many have some form of martial arts training too. All in all, they represent a formidable prey...the prey that would fight back and be likely to identify something amiss if one's Blush of Life were slipping, for example." she smiled sweetly.

Keen to establish a tone of careful explanation, rather than lecturing.

"They also have robust and expert investigative resources that would be most hazardous to the Masquerade should something dreadful happen to one of their profession. It is best to simply leave them alone." she smiles sweetly. Confident she's made a fair point.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

B
    Bean

"Ah very practical indeed. May I ask, considering the various colleges and universities you showed on another chart, if scientists or researchers also fall under that restriction? It would seem me that they too would be equally risky prey and if I understand the higher education system like I used to then there should be quite a few in this lovely town as well." Douglas smiled. Something about the thought of being able to openly discuss such practices and the risk they entail made Douglas feel just that tiny bit more alive, a feeling that starts to become rare in one's unlife he has found.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods and nods again. All very gentle and unhurried.

"Well, when it comes to those professions and vocations not listed, then I suspect your innate good sense in your conduct with them will prevail." she smiles sweetly.

"Thankfully, at the risk of sounding complacent, the extensive distrust by the mass media and general ubiquity of conspiratorial ideation within the American society towards their academic liberal elites suggests to me that an academic won't be listened too!"

"If people fail to harken to warnings of verifiable climate change and the geological age of the planet; well...then wild talk of the Undead shall be even less trusted! A different matter if one were speaking of zombies, however..."
    she smiles, clearly only half joking in her criticism of the mass media.

"Regardless of that, there are a great many academic institutions here. A great many of quality too."

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

B
    Bean

Douglas's smile actually turns into a chuckle. "Marvelous! Very marvelous indeed." He nods after Martha's explanation, one that he is very satisfied with.

"Another question of curiosity ma'am, is there a particular fondness of nightclubs here in Sacramento? I noticed most of the Elysian Fields were nightclubs." It was a question he had specifically because the lifestyle that they usually include were ones that Douglas liked to stay away from, even after all these years.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Oh...well, the selection of the Elysian Fields is laden with multiple objectives and considerations and, as such, is not easily reduced to simple explanation." she smiles sweetly and takes a moment to rub at her crippled hip.

"However, it would be fair to say that the usefulness of nightclubs as Elysian Fields can never be underestimated!" she giggles again and makes a mental note to patrol over to the Ember later in the evening.

"Perhaps you may wish to join me on a patrol of the Elysian Fields, sir? I was eager to carry out one of my regular patrols this evening..." she asks sweetly and happily.

B
    Bean

"Oh that would be lovely actually, as long as I wouldn't be intruding of course." He stands and straightens his jacket. "It'd be nice to get a more first hand look at these places, I'm sure they're quite... lovely after all." He smiles at her as a show that she's still in charge of the situation.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Delighted at this turn of events Martha sends a cheery message to Dillon to let him know her plan to patrol the Elysian Fields and then proceeds to happily tour them with Douglas...

...and with that, I do believe we can neatly complete this Ack. Many thanks, Bean

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread