Ended
Watch

Unwinding of the Coils ~ Part 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha stroked Liara's thigh again, resting her hand on the lady's knee as she spoke.

"Queen Cleopatra's accomplishments and qualities extended beyond her beauty...but...I daresay she'd have made a good Daeva." Martha smiled sweetly and pondered this parlor game: assigning Clans to historical dignitaries.

"Personally, I feel she failed more than she succeeded. Her kingdom fell to invaders, her foreign policy was a calamity. Her military leadership was questionable, at best. She was a captive more than she was free. A ruined legacy of the once fine Ptolemaic Dynasties. I would rather see Queen Zenobia's fleeting accomplishments in a far better light. Queen Zenobia would easily have graced the halls of the Ventrue, Daeva or Mekhet. Yet Queen Zenobia seems to attract less Romance and artistic attention than Cleopatra. One is left wondering why...when she was a much more powerful, accomplished and impressive monarch than Cleopatra."

As she spoke Martha's delicate hand gently investigated Liara's knee joint.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

L
    Lobo Argost

"Cleopatra was in bed with a Roman commander," Liara said, her arm slowly snaking around Martha's shoulders. "I think historians are more interested in that."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha laughs happily, adding; "Ah! Well, being in bed with a commander of an element of Rome's armed forces is not a unique distinction! Such activity is simply insufficiently unusual to qualify Cleopatra for the adulation she receives from history!" her mind suddenly filled with her Latin lessons and enumerating the long, long list of perverse, sinister, promiscuous or sexually hedonistic Roman leaders.

Still chuckling Martha smiles to Liara and seems unaware that Liara's arm is sneaking around...if Martha fears Liara is about to launch an attack, she's very calm.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

L
    Lobo Argost

Liara wasn't attacking though. She pulled Martha closer, hugging her with that arm and planting a kiss on Martha's cheek. True enough. But I fear that we're getting off topic, my dear mentor."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Blinking at the kiss, Martha becomes bashful and lowers her head...taking the chance to study Liara's legs as she's hugged.

"I...I...well, that is to say, off topic? How so? How should we get back onto topic, Miss?"

Tiny Martha blinks again.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread