Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1403) Clan Meeting: Ventrue

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Katsuro Tomori

So I'm going to go ahead and reply, and forgo rolling the 3 extra dice for Rodderick on the grounds he's OOCly stated he'll be choosing to not contest the roll

"Ah, my plan. A reasonable question..." he said leaning back comfortably in his seat, seemingly ignoring Roddericks quip about surprises...a good surprise comes when no one expects it, not when it's announced after all.

"It involves playing to your strengths. For instance, if Rodderick were to find it agreeable, I could endevor to help him forge the connections needed to start his own security firm, if what I've heard of your military prowess is correct then all you need is a few good men to direct and you'll start building influence and respect all on your own."

I dare say I rather like you Mr. Pearson, tough like a diamond, but in need of a little polish. That's all I really aim to do, is polish the strengths already inherent to our Blood so you can be allowed to shine... As to the duties involved being ceremonial, they are still duties. Simple things, but they can carry a certain weight...Nothing so pushy of course, just little things. I'll give advice when asked, be neighborly, show a bit of Southern Hospitality to these Westerners." he gave a light hearted chuckle.

In short what I'm getting at is I'll also be greeting any new Family that wishes to make their way into the city, and aid in them finding a place as well...which they will have to earn. You both have a head start in that race, as far as I'm concerned." he paused looking at Hildegard as he wrapped up that point, though he was keenly aware that he had skipped over talking about her directly, and that he chose to address presently.

"I would give a summation of ideas for you, specifically Miss Hildegard but you are somewhat off my radar as it were...well anyway, to speak plainly Ma'am I don't know much about you, but if you have goals I would be most honored to lend even the smallest hand I can to insure a Family member achieves their ambitions. We are few in this city for the moment, and we must appear united and strong above all other things if we are to be proper Lords of the city. My strongest point is, however I aim to help when asked, not to be pushy. That is more the Whips roll...which I feel won't be needed with our current size, but I will keep it in mind as the Family grows... Sound reasonable?" his voice never waivered once during the second small speech he made that night but he knew where they now sat. It was, as they say, the moment of truth. He had placed his bet, played his hand and now he could only wait and see what would become of it.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

2. Likes Matamune, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M

Roderick raised an eyebrow and appraised August anew. "That's quite a bold promise," Roderick started slowly, "To be honest,"I had full intention of giving you my support from the start. You took initiative, wrote letters by hand to all parties, saw to the arrangement of the room and planned things out fairly well. Though the ghoul with the crushed throat might argue differently." He couldn't help but to chuckle softly at that memory before going on, "However, to have a leader with more interest in the development of his.. 'subjects'?- than the development of himself is something I don't want to pass up a chance on. "

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde watched on with her lips parted. The fragile redoubt of her will was crumbling against the persuasive power of August's arguments and the grudging respect Roderick leant them.

"I... Uh... Most of my projects are bound to my studies. A second haven - a small one, out of the way - could be of some assistance? Otherwise..." her eyes flickered with a frantic air as she struggled for thoughts. "Perhaps next time you must attend to the decor, you might inform me? I can lend some assistance?"

She sank back into her seat, artfully crumbling. Her head jerked up suddenly. "If our family wishes to project strength, perhaps we should attend Court together? I am certain a stretch car can be obtained for the evening. If there are no further objections, I can ornament our Priscus' arm for the evening?"

She smiled shyly and directed a careful glance into a corner of the room, almost as if she were laying down a discrete challenge.

To clarify, Hildegarde is conceding as well. Her questions have been answered... and, well, 8 sux!
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

5. Likes Forn Clakes, Jaqen, West liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

August's face lit up at the idea, and he was clearly pleased to see the show of support. It had gone smoother than he had thought it might, amongst the Lords one never knows...

"That is an excellent idea Miss Hildegard, I'll arrange for proper transportation immediately, but I do worry about having you on my arm. If it's what you truly want, certainly, I have no objections but I would think perhaps it might appear to make you my lesser..in some way subbordinate. People will talk, one must ask the question if you wish to be viewed that way. But as I said, it's up to you." his words were slow to come forward, between the thought he placed on them momentarily and that charming southern accent that just makes things blend like honey.

"And for the record Mr. Pearson you are hardly my subject. We all simply aim to serve the Prince and Domain. he said rather seriously, though the timing made it seem like it was an afterthought that had been lingering in his mind.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

M

Roderick nodded in agreement with both of them. "Well then," he said with a smerk as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "I believe we might have just covered everything we needed to?" He looks at the two of them, waiting their word.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

A curiously blank look passed over Hildegarde's face.

"Oh..." she breathed. "Has everything been covered?" She shook her head as if batting away an unwelcome thought. Still slumped in poised defeat, the Lord cast furtive glances to both Roderick and August.

Katsuro Tomori

"I believe we have. I'll notify His Grace immediately." he said pulling out some mostly blank cards with nothing more than a phone number written on them. Two to be precise. "Mr. Pearson, if you want to discuss the security firm idea, give me a ring. Miss Bingen, if you want some time to consider your options and things you want to accomplish that I might be able to assist in and give me a call, or we can discuss the matter further of you being on my arm, so to speak. I just don't want you to be a mere decoration, you're a Lord and we're far better than simple eye candy." he tried to give her a warm reassuring smile, though the way he said eye candy, one could almost hear the mispronunciation of 'daeva' for some reason...

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"As you wish," Hildegarde replied with a subtle sigh. She would have added something else but found a new voice in her head counselling otherwise. Frighteningly, it sounded like her own.

M

"No arguments here." Roderick nodded in agreement with Hildegarde. He shifted in his seat, looking uncomfortable with sitting so long.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread