Ended
Watch

Korvins Quest: The Search for Knowledge pt. 1

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    B
    Beej

The Slave's answer was prefectly reasonable. If at some later date they might prove of use to the Chapterhouse, Teo would have them summoned. But for now he would let the matter be. Talk of the library reminded the monk that he should probably give the new arrival a tour to familiarize him with the property and what was at their disposal. "Ah yes, the Library. I believe tour would be in order." he said warmly and stood. "No doubt what we have assembled in Sacramento will prove most helpful in your studies."

Katsuro Tomori

He nods and gives his farewell as David leaves, and turned his roguish smile over to Aileen as she spoke to him, then shortly there after the Castellian offered a tour. "Absolutely, and by all means consider me a mostly open book. Feel free to ask any questions that cross your mind Madame. he then addressed Teo "I'd be very interested to see such a vast estate. It's larger by far than anything I've ever lived in...I may very well get lost." he chuckled and then added to Aileen "Perhaps allow the Castellian and I to accompany you to the library while you ask any questions you have for me and we begin the tour?" he asked as he stood. If Aileen accepted he would offer her his arm with a careful balance of warmth and neutrality meant to gain a certain level of connection while not implying anything untoward. It was something his mistress had instructed him in as a ghoul and what she instilled in him was only the polite thing to do for a lady vampire of higher station in the Ordo. He hadn't yet met any other lady vampires of higher station, save for the Gand Wyrm who had stayed seated during their entire conversation, so he could just simply look foolish. That was fine too of course, everything is a learning experience in Korv's mind.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The self-assured smile of Slave Angustri was all honey, and Aïleen had learned not to put too much trust in people like that. Yet, his words had been fair so far, and he had a certain flair indeed...

She nodded in approval at the Castellan's offer to visit the premises, but when Korvin offered his arm, she paused. Not one used to such social niceties, the Mekhet wondered for a split second whether it would be proper to accept or decline it, but in the end decided against rebuking their latest arrival. When he invited her to question him further, she barely hesitated, again.

"Slave Angustri, you have told us that you were familiar with Geomancy. What you haven't told us is, which field of the Great Work do you intend to plow ?" she asked, wondering whether he would pursue the Coil of the Beast that was so widespread here, or another one perhaps.

Katsuro Tomori

Korvins grin widened, he was most excited to speak of the Coils, but hadn't brought them up much because he didn't want to seem as though he were begging for scraps, as it were. "My interests are quite esoteric in that regard. I'm interested in the Soul...I think it's best over the long run to protect ones humanity. Terrible things happen when we lose touch with that and as my Sire so often counciled until one transcends humanity is what is needed to steer the course...lest one becomes Draugr. I've also got interest in the Blood...It's said Dracula himself was known to say that 'the power is in the blood' after all...though it's just something I've heard and could be unsubstantiated I still feel there's wisdom in it." Of course he left out the fact that his bloodline could only feed on other Romani to full satisfaction...Gaje seemed to not fill his stomach in the same way the blood of his people which Korvin found quite unsettling.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

B
    Beej

Leading the pair, the Castellan walked Aileen (who already knew the Chapterhouse backwards and forwards) and Korvin around the first floor of the Ordo Dracul Chapterhouse. He lingered in the Study a moment longer than the other rooms so Korvis appreciate the woodcuts and prints that decorated the room.

Heading upstairs he turned left and showed the Gym, Meditation and Restrain rooms. He included the patio as well as Teo himself had grown to love it. The small staircase to the third floor, Teo left unmentioned.

Walkign back down the hall, Teo opened the doors to the Private Library. "Here we are." se said cheerful, moving aside for the pair to enter. Once they did, he closed the doors. "The Private Library. We have quite the range of material gathered. Blood lines, Relics, Disciplines, Geomancy and Alchemy.." he trails off as he looks over the bookshelves. "And of course Dr. Redfill's contribution." he gestures to a computer work stating with a book scanning device.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Even though she had grown somewhat accustomed to their extensive Chapterhouse, the time it took for Teo to tour them through it again renewed Aïleen's feeling that she was lucky indeed to be in such an Academy. When the three of them entered at last in the Private Library, she left Korvin's arm and took a step forward toward the scanning machine.

"Should you express interest in this Library, I could show you your way around it, Slave Angustri." the petite Mekhet said to the bohemian. She herself had been diligently working toward maintaining it ordered, and she now had a quite solid grasp on its content and structure.

Katsuro Tomori

Korvin walked quietly following the steps of the Castellan, arm in arm with Aileen and his placid smile betrayed him as he practically beamed with delight when they finally entered the library. It had of course grown steadily as the tour went on and Korvin made mental notes of where each room was. The final book he had been given by his sire was one on memory training, which Korvin thought was odd. He'd always been clever, and able to notice things rather quickly, but this book seemed out of the Romani's current depth. Still though, he did his best, making a mental map and attempting to hold the image in his head as best he could. This, he decided quite firmly was the most amazing building he'd ever walked in and this would be the structure he built his first 'memory palace' as time allowed his studies to progress in such a direction.

"This place is...well it's wonderful." he said in genuine awe. The Romani were many things, but accustomed to luxury was not one of them. Perhaps better treated by ghoul standards, but a ghoul was still a ghoul and a gypsy was still a gypsy. And so many many books...I've never seen such a treasure." he said as he broke away gently from Aileen to scan the titles as much as he could in such a short time. During his occult studies his mistress had seen fit that he learned what was necessary, but only just. Still, he would squirrel away as many books as he could in this time, and was given the lash more than once for it. Later his Sire rewarded him with many volumes, but perhaps no more than a percentile of what he looked at now, if he were anymore excited you might think he'd burst into flame.

B
    Beej

The monk stood off to one side, hands clasped behind his back, looking quite pleased. Clearly the man had not had the benefit of a proper chapterhouse before, this not to say Sacramento's was anythign to sneeze at. It had amassed quite a collection over the years. No doubt it would prove a consider boon to Korvin's studies. "The contributions of many Dragons who have been here before us. No doubt when we move on to other chapterhoues our own will enrich the Studies of those who come after us."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The Library was indeed one of Aïleen's favorite place in the Chapterhouse, though the Meditation Room came as a close second, and she could only nod in assent at the Slave's reaction. Walking back toward her scanning device, she noticed it had finished its current job, and took the book in her hand to put it back on the shelf where it belonged.

"Most of us would share your point of view." she said to encourage the newcomer. "I trust you'll find it to your liking.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to resume my job here. Unless you need anything else ?"
    she let her voice trail off, willing to help but keenly aware that she still a whole section to scan, and that dawn wasn't so far off.

Aïleen will stay in the Library, should you move on to other rooms.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread