Watch

Of Blood and Hunger

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    C
    Casitive

Kelreth / C/O Jospeh Hartman

David found it interesting how each respondent took to the questions. Each question brought to mind different thoughts, meanings, and contexts. He supposed that nature and experience played a part this, in itself, was illuminating.

People were fascinating.

Joseph's question was answered simply with a gentle nod of David's head, silently reiterating there was no right or wrong answer.

“Is there anything that you'd like to say about the subject of Blood and the Hunger, something we did not go over, that you feel might benefit the survey?”

Teodor Raluca / Beej

“Is this feeling of presence not there normally?” David inquires interested in that part of Teodor's answer. The Mekhet studies Teodor's notes, considering his next line of questioning. Though, for those familiar with a Psychologist's way of doing things, they were more nudges to allow the respondents to take as they will.

Once Teo answers, David presses on asking, “How do feel when you are Hungry and how do you see yourself during this time?” Thoughtful, David assumed the next part of the question would be declined considering past answers, “Does the Hunger relate in some way to your choice of vessel or to an intangible that is considered missing subconsciously?”

David nearly didn't ask the second half, but deviations from the script would ripple through the rest of the survey. A potential ripple that David did not want.

Chrisie / C/O Martha Villiers

Thoughts emerged, bubbled and blossomed as the Social Scientist listened to Martha's multifaceted answers and clarifications. David fell preternaturally quiet as he concentrated on following her lines of thought, like Hansel and Gretel did breadcrumbs looking for their way home.

The Dragon's Tail was never something Johan spoke about in anything other than the broadest of strokes. In a very faint sense, David could tell his sire was disapproving of the tradition but that was as far as it went. If any of the small coteries attached to the Minneapolis Academy actually followed the tradition, David did not know.

“Order found within seeming disorder?” A thread to find in the seeming mass of Pandζmonium. The treasure to be found by any aspiring Dragon. The words of Milton came to mind 'As Bees /In spring time, when the Sun with Taurus rides, /Poure forth thir populous youth about the Hive /In clusters; they among fresh dews and flowers / Flie to and fro, or on the smoothed Plank'

A few moments of silence reigned between the pair as David both caught up with his notes and caught up with Martha's thoughts. The Mortician finalized his notes by glancing at his watch and taking a quick note before reaching forward and clicking the recorder off. “Thank you, Ma'am for your time tonight.”

Rising from his seat, David offers to help Martha from the small meeting space, “I hope that I might ask you to read a draft of my work when time allows?”

B
    Beej

"The presence of vitae or presence of energy?" Teo was not entirely sure his cousin was after. They had different answers.

Teo shook his head. "When I am lacking vitae I am hungry. I am conscious of physical lack of blood and the threat that poses for myself. Of course the physical component of myself filters the desire for sustenance along with sensations similar to when I was kine. I realize that when I feel the Hunger, the Beast actively seeks to exploit the condition. I become circumspect in my actions and choices to make sure they are not subtlety influenced by it. And no, my Hunger is not linked to those I feed on. Beyond desiring one who is healthy and has no outward signs of disease or contamination, one is as good as the next."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled as David recited the prose and nodded happily. "I should be glad to help, sir, with any of your projects and gladly lend my time to reading anything you wish me to!" she seemed chirpy, eager and sincere and was rubbing hard at her knee.

Martha was in no hurry at all to stand.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

"Not at the moment no." Joseph replies after some thought. "I will let you know if anything pops into mind later though." The Ventrue appears ready to stop talking then catches himself.

"O, yes. Torpor is a pain in the ass."

C
    Casitive

Teodor Raluca / Beej
    Attempting to clarify the question, “You mentioned that the energy feels 'present'” asking, “Would you mind expanding on that point?” The delicate balancing act of receiving pure thought from the respondent without insinuating things like 'correct answers' or 'wrong answers' weighed on David's mind.

Teodor's next answer draws a singular nod. After a quick note of silence, David stirs again, “Is there anything that you'd like to say about the subject of Blood and the Hunger, something we did not go over, that you feel might benefit the survey?”

Looking up towards Teodor, David patiently waits for the Castellan's thoughts.

Kelreth / C/O Joseph Hartman

An all too knowing look crosses the Mortician's features with Joseph's statement. It wasn't that David has fallen to the Sleep himself, but the Sleep was part of him. The Shadow writes a quick note and closes up his materials. Rising, David offers Joseph his hand, “Thank you Scholar for your time tonight

OOC

Chrisie / C/O Martha Villiers
    With Martha remaining in her seat, David slipped his hands back into his pockets. “It'll be a little bit yet, I have a sketch.” He says meekly, “I just have to see how answers line up and how that changes what I will want to say. There's a lot of material,” David adds, “both from this Academy and the Minneapolis Academy.”

A beat and David realizes he's standing so he asks, “Should I get you anything?” He was intending to give Martha a moment to herself as he moved towards the entrance to the private bubble he has constructed.

OOC

B
    Beej

At the clarification, Teo nodded. "When I expend vitae I feel surge of power, energy. It does not last long, long enough to initiate what is required and then it is gone." It was simple and straight foward, not too much to analyze.

Teo stared back at the man as he ponders the second question. "Spoiling and Blood Alchemy could have some relevance to your topic but I am not sure it would not turn it from it's primary direction." He said after a moment. "Transference via the Blood is probably off-topic. I do not believe I have anything further to contribute to the main topic."

C
    Casitive

Teodor's clarification, however simple and straightforward, was a welcome one. However, David kept his own counsel on the matter as he made another note in his notepad. David was the very picture of due diligence as he turned an attentive ear towards Teodor's answer to the final question.

For a tall, scarecrow of a man; it is interesting just how much David tries to take as little room as possible.

The Mortician takes another note and checks the time, taking a note on that as well before closing the notebook. It was old and well-used and so it creaked slightly as it closed. Setting it aside, David stood and offered his hand again to the Tismanu, “Thank you for your time tonight, Castellan. I appreciate it.”

B
    Beej

Teo shook his head and took the man's hand. "Think nothing of it Supplicant. I am happy to help fellow student in their Studies. I only hope my answers may be of some use. Good evening." The monk nodded and departed the library. He of course would be interested to see the final project. If Regan managed to interview the majority of Chapterhouse, it should make for an enlightening read.

C
    Casitive

According to the date book, Teodor's interview should have been the final one. Alone now in the small make-shift privacy bubble, David hummed to himself as he made sure. With a small nod, David closed the book and went about the job of cleaning up. The easiest part, the collection of the information, was finished.

Now, was time for the hard part: revising the work, adjusting, and the subsequent rewrites.

A manuscript would be finished in time and reviewed by his peers.

There was still much to do.

Thank you all for your cooperation and patience with such a marathon of a thread!

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.