Ended
Watch

(Treasure Hunt) At the Proteus Fountain #2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Martha Villiers

PRE

Encouraged and enthused at their strange adventure, the two skater kids agree to all Callum offers and says.

Having made their small pact with Darkness, they wave a farewell and skate back to their gang to report their tale.

Leaving the others to ponder the riddle in detail and in greater privacy.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Sabeleth

With a winning smile Cal strolled back to the group, satisfied that he'd just scored himself some future members of his Vampiric entourage. Oh to be young again...no, scratch that.

A more serious expression crossed his face as he returned his thoughts to the task ahead. "So, let's crack this next clue team. Seems we've got another group to beat."

Chrisie : May we see the clue please?

Martha Villiers

PRE

Now revealed, the riddle is brought from its hiding place. It reads thus:

Behold, I am Proteus, the Ever Changing God of the Sea!
    Child of Night, please mark me well!
    The Future I know so can foretell your plea;
    What is the next clue? You ask: where does it dwell?

I am Oracular. The Future I can see and much higher.
    What you seek next is both above and below. It shall be found,
    When you shall spy an image of the realm of Gaia.
    One seen by Mortals who, crossing a bridge, then go skyward. No longer Earthly bound.

Ah, and you may well ask about the final prize.
    You should seek the Eternal Flower.
    To the alchemist, as one may surmise,
    There is, perhaps, no greater power.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

B
    Beej

After a moment, Callum supplies what he believes next location of the clue. Aileen, David and Teo glance at each other and then execute a metaphysical huddle of sorts as the three Shadows entered 'ponder' mode. There was quiet discussion over smart phones as thoughts were bounced back and forth for a few moments. Beards were stroked, brows creased and there were a few 'hmmms' before there was a round of slight nods. The three Dragons look back to Callum and the Monk nods slightly. "That seems like reasonable conclusion. We shall adjourn directly there?" he says glancing back at his cousins.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Glad to have been of help, Aοleen had pondered the clue along with her Cousins, and had found no better idea than the one put forward by Callum.

"I believe we should, yes."

While she was no competitor at heart, it was true that there was more than pride at stake. Blood... To their kind, a currency as solid as gold.

C
    Casitive

Having given the clue all due consideration with Teodor and Aileen, David agreed as well, “We should.” Still, his interest lay in seeing the puzzle to its conclusion, rather than the prize that lay at the bottom of the metaphysical rainbow. Not to say that David was ignorant to the prize, it was just that he was cognizant that he was not a politician. Learning the rules to that game was more difficult than learning Ancient Egyptian.

S
    Sabeleth

Cal nodded enthusiastically. "Alright then, let's get this show on the road. We've got competition after all..." The next clue seemed certain, whereas his feelings about the location of the actual reward were far too much like guesswork. Hopefully the next one would clarify things and lead them to the goal.

The skaters ought to prove useful in future too, and he looked forward to seeing where that might go in the nights to come.

/group exit to the next stage of the Treasure Hunt?

B
    Beej

Star wipe and we're out.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread