"You've got experience? Excellent, You'd really be helping us out. The guy that was supposed to do this just walked off the job."Dirge turns to Obsidian and speaks,"What do you think Ruth?"

"I would prefer someone who knows what they are doing,"says Obsidian.

"Would you be available now? Maybe an hour or two max."

The man pauses for a moment then chuckles. "Yeah, I think so, ma'am. I don't have what you'd call a busy social schedule. You provide the tools?"

Obsidian looks the man over."We have the proper tools, and the area is well lit. There was some confusion about who was going to do the initial work and the regular contractors are due to start in the morning."

"How much you payin' for the job?" he asks.

Obsidian says, "Considering it is last minute and the middle of the night, I was thinking about $20 per hour?"

The man nods. "Soun's good."

"Come, we'll give you a ride. As a bonus, you can use the shower afterwards." Obsidian heads back to her car.

Dirge nods and follows Obsidian back to the car.

"Alright," He nods to a couple of the others as he follows Obsidian and Dirge.

Obsidian unlocks the car and gestures to the front passenger seat to the man. She then gets into the driver's seat.

The guy gets in. "How far we going?"

"South side of town. Call me Janus, by the way. What is your name?"

Dirge opens the back door and pats the seat with her hand to instruct Cerberus to get in. Once the dog gets in dirge climbs in behind him. "I think it’s just a few miles, How far is it exactly Ruth?"

"Benny... Benjamin Walker."

Obsidian starts the car and drives to the parking lot of her church.

Dirge says,"Nice to meet ya Benny, How long you been in the area?"
"I grew up here. Been back 3 years now." He gets out of the car and looks around.

Dirge asks,"Hey where do you keep the tools? Downstairs?"

Obsidian says, "I'll be right back, Benny. If you can wait here, I'll be back back in a minute." Obsidian heads into the church.

Obsidian retreats to her basement room. She lights some incense, then goes to her supply cabinet and pulls out some sugar. "Damn, no raw meat," she whispers to herself. She starts to perform the ritual to summon Kalfou, the Loa of bad luck and evil charms. She has not worked with Kalfou often, but she is familiar with his ways.Standing in front of the incense, she sprinkles sugar around her and on her. Speaking the Haitian Creole, she says, "Kalfou, please, hear my pitiful request. I ask for your presence, as you can help me as none other can at this time. Please come to me, and curse the man named Benjiman Walker, for I have use of him, but I cannot match his strength."

”Kalfou’s Misfortune”

Obsidian can feel Vitae burning within her as Kalfou answers her call. Her eyes turn black, even the misty swirl of Ghede's eye turns black and weeps shadows down her black cheek as Kalfou takes possession.

While Obsidian is inside, Benny Walker talks to Dirge. "So, this work to be done, what 'zactly is it?"

Dirge replies,"Ah, just a couple of holes for some small trees and I think she wanted some rubbished cleared away. She might have a few other things, but that's the gist of it."

He nods. "I can do that."

Obsidian returns, though she seems different, quieter in her body language. She approaches Benny, with the building's lights to her back."Give me your hand,"she says in a commanding voice, holding out her own hand. Shadows hide her eyes, but her voice no longer holds the friendly compassion she presented earlier.

"Uhhhm.... okay," he says, looking a bit surprised. He extends his hand.

Dirge notices the change in her friend’s demeanor, confused she remains silent.

”A Simple Kiss on the Wrist”

Obsidian grips Benny's wrist in a grip far stronger than her frail frame would suggest. With a quick motion, she raises his hand to her mouth and sinks her teeth into his skin.

Benny stiffens when Obsidian bites down, but then relaxes as the ecstasy of the Kiss takes over. His eyes roll back in his head and his legs give way.

Obsidian closes her black eyes as the blood enters her mouth. She follows the man to the ground, hovering over him, holding onto his wrist as if it were her last supper.

Dirge hears the sound of what she believes to be the man crumble to the ground. Obsidian must have decided to do the kiss out here then? She reaches down the front of her blue jeans and pulls out the hand cuffs she has. And bends down to feel for the man’s limbs. She finds the man’s legs and after some work cuffs them together, Then pulls out a second set and feels for the mans wrists. She finds one and secures it to the wrist and then searches for the other hand finding Obsidian there.

Obsidian pulls her mind back from feeding, fighting the urge to drain the man. There is business to attend to, she tells herself.

After securing one wrist dirge pulls the hand to the other arm and cuffs them together. She then reaches into her pocket pulls out a makeshift gag and secures it after some effort.

"That should about do it in think Obsidian," Dirge says after double checking her work.

Dirge is able to finish binding the man before he comes to his senses... and by then, it is too late.

Obsidian looks down into the man's frightened eyes. "Do not struggle, and you will survive this night. We require you as a witness, but then you will be freed." The harshness of Kalfou's voice flows from Obsidian's lips.

He looks bith frightened and angry, but after testing the cuffs, he nods.