Ended
Watch

Passing Time (Open)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Casitive

Oh no,” David added just after Aileen, “no interruption at all.” The fleeting, tight-lipped smile that passes to Aileen, pairs with this response. His own Companion thrashed at the Woman, aching to find out just who was superior. A feral screech resonated in his blood but he gave it no heed. His Companion sulked, hurling terrible insults. Instead of doing what his Companion wanted and be it from habit or just upper Midwestern politeness, David stood offering a hand.

Supplicant David Regan,” David's voice was limed with his reticence, “ma'am. Supplicant of Hunger. David is okay.” Adding just after that, “If that's okay?”

Quietly, David gestured to a seat nearby for Supplicant Bingen only retaking his own once she's comfortably ensconced.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

With nothing better to do, Hildegarde took the offered seat. Her hands caressed the book while she wrestled with the squirming, writhing, mass of her Beast. Of course, the only emotion her vacant face showed was a curious blinking that subsided quickly enough.

"Hildegarde Bingen. Dedicated Supplicant of Terror." The Lord nodded in reply. She hesitated, uncertain if she should join in the conversation, the book now open on her lap.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

What happens when three of the most outspoken Kindred in town meet in a Library ? While most of the time Aïleen would have been content to let the silence stretch ad infinitum, she feared to put the other Dragons ill at ease. Even more so, that is. So, the female Shadow decided to try and take things in stride, moving the talk along.

"We were just discussing our current studies, and why we choose the paths we are following. It seems that for the both of us, it has strongly been linked to our Sire and mentor." she said with a nod toward David, as she sort of answered his question.

"Would that trend happen to extend to you as well, Supplicant Bingen ?"

C
    Casitive

The hawk-nosed librarians of David's youth would have stated primly that 'Silence is Golden.' But, if that was true, David would have more gold than all the gold of the Pharaohs. As he retook his seat, he nearly retreated back into himself; unsure of what to say now that introductions were done and chastising himself because of it.

When Aileen found a way forward, David glanced towards her, relieved. “Indeed,” the Mortician added to confirm Aileen's succinct summation of their most recent thread. David idly wondered if this was why the Daeva insisted on calling their sires Fathers and Mothers. To a point, they were their sire's creations.

David didn't add to Aileen's question, content to let Supplicant Bingen answer.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde cocked her head to one side as her body made one of its posing shifts with a clean, mechanical, precision. "Oh yes. Most definitely. It was my Sire who decided what the main focus of my studies would be; just as it was he who personally supervised my formative steps in the Coil of Terror. Given his skill and depth of understanding, I've always assumed that it was the Coil he himself was most proficient in." She paused, elegantly posed in thought. "This is indeed a strong correlation: perhaps that is the way of it - creating a lineage of both knowledge and Blood like some of the Clans prize lineages based on descent and beauty?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen nodded in quiet assentiment to Hildegarde's words, and looked at David before answering. It seemed to say "So, one more..."

"I wouldn't be surprised to learn that our Sires's desire are sometimes close to the kine's. Transmitting who and what they are. Seeing an extension of themselves in their Childe..." though that idea shed some strange light on her relation with Ashek. She would have to talk with him eventually. Before she had realized it, the Mekhet had gone silent again.

C
    Casitive

David hummed in that silence between Aileen's quiet and the ticking of David's watch. Glancing towards Aileen, he agreed with her silent communiqué. The Mortician knew some of the story of his own Embrace, but not all of it. David didn't know how long Johan had watched the quiet man. Or the film that first brought David to Johan's attention. Or the three weeks in Torpor that the Navigator spent searching for a sense of confirmation that Embrace, was the correct choice.

Passing something of themselves, the centuries of understanding, and their lineage through the blood,” David posits. “Much like how our biological family passes on traits like hair-color and eye-color.” The Mortician quietly nodded to that statement. “I wouldn't be surprised if our Sires saw a bit of themselves in us. A facet that they want to foster. Not just to pass on the Nature passed in the blood; but also their own experiences to inform our first steps.”

In the back of his mind, David is reminded to send word back to his own Sire. But, that thought faded just as quickly as it came.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Perhaps..." Hildegarde agreed carefully. Her brow wrinkled suddenly as she spoke. She smoothed it with a finger from an artfully posed hand. "I... would not go as far as you, Supplicant Regan. To preserve something, yes. Or to obtain a new perspective perhaps..." Her lips clamped shut, or she would have added: as an extension of themselves, yes.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

At least they seemed to have found a shared experience... Aïleen then wondered what it would be for her to Sire, but couldn't imagine it. It took a very different mindset than her current own. Better to move on, then.

"What manners of studies have brought you here, Supplicant Bingen ? I'm getting familiar with the Library, and may perhaps be of assistance ?" the Shadow offered, her eyes casually looking at the Lordess's book.

"Has any of you tried the digitized Library, perhaps ? It's something I am working on with Supplicant Redfill." she offered with a smile. Soon, she would have spent all her topics for discussion...

C
    Casitive

I've heard that the collection is being digitized,” David remarks quietly, taking the shift in conversation in stride, “but, I haven't yet sat down to take a look. I, like you, have been getting familiar with the library and the collection.” As though to express its impressive, grand proportions David looks around the room.

Taking a moment to consider, David then tentatively asks Aileen, “If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind showing me? I was, earlier, looking to see if there was a Latin primer and was side-tracked.” Then reiterating, “If it isn't too much trouble.”

David reached behind his head, ruffling his own hair.

OOC

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.