THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Primaflora pauses again, her body shifting into a slightly more... considering... posture.

"The Invictus Caste are foul gweilo blood drinkers. They have proxies and helpers both inside the Six Companies, and in the government of this city that keeps our people pinned down in this one poor section of town. They compromise the ability of our merchants to open new avenues of business; their hand causes the police to turn a blind eye to the depredations of ignorant white men and the criminal gangs that tear this Chinatown apart. See, to the east, the wondrous cess-pit called the Barbary Coast - a living hell if ever there was one, and how it has grown to spread into our Chinatown. Do they let this happen to other parts of this city - no. And if that is not enough, they weaken the people with sickness. When plague struck, it was the agency of the Invictus Caste that ensured that it was the people of the Middle Kingdom who suffered."

She stopped again, this time to shuffle forward slightly.

"I have an understanding of how this Invictus Caste lays its nets, but I have been unable to trace the nets to individuals. I do know where they lair - but again, i am unable to act on the information. I know they watch me. So I do what I can to cleanse the streets of filth and instil correct virtue where it is lack. I resist their influence as best I can."

She pressed forward again, speaking softly.

"I doubt the Invictus Caste will have heard of you."

No one living has heard of me, she thought, but offered the more calculated response, "So, should you desire for me to acquire more information from one of these known lairs, I may be of service. Am I correct to suggest that this may interest you and your organization?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"We would be most appreciative, yes." A flame burned in Primaflora's dark eyes. It was there, hungry for action, for a brief moment - and then it was gone. "I am most certain we could accommodate and... compensate... your efforts on behalf of the White Lotus."

"And upon my completion of this task, I should hope you prove far more detailed and specific regarding your own organization. I prefer to avoid impediment in my research when possible. Now, when and where would you like me to begin my investigations?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"At your convenience. My associates and I keep this house, so you may find refuge her should you need it. Begin your hunt where you will - the White Lotus has eyes but none that can penetrate the city deeply. We know the Invictus Caste lair at the Mermaid Saloon - a tottering pile of decrepitude near the docks. We hear rumours of a Rue Morgue: a pit of shameless gluttony, if true... or the frenzied legend of a diseased place, if false."

Primaflora leaned closer, laying a hand (with gentle care) on Minnie's arm. "I have also come into intelligences that mark out a certain gentleman's club as a place where the kings among them weave their schemes. It is called the Isaac Graham Gentleman's club - supposedly, this is a club where the mortal rabble who run this town gather and congratulate one another... yet my source tells me that its halls stand empty all day and while its lanterns blaze at night, few gather there."

"Were there any particular facts or persons you were after, or shall I simply begin to delve at my leisure?"

She ignored the offending hand, but could not help but impassively ponder whether her host would be swift or strong enough to resist application of the force needed to ruin her wrist. This was merely a mental exercise for Minnie, however, and just one of many.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Who they are and who leads them, perhaps, is a good start. If you can find out who watches Chinatown, that would be better still." Primaflora leaned back, softly removing her hand.

"Well then, I will go and prepare. Good evening."

Minnie departs unless stopped.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Tattooed Primaflora watches Minnie rise and depart. Thoughtfully, her hands seeks out a fan. Opening it, she wafts it slowly before her face, staring at the space where Minnie knelt, an increasingly speculative look on her face.

End of Scene. Good job Princess

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread