Ended
Watch
21 - 26
DISPLAYED
Acknowledgement: David Regan

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Ah, excellent question!" she smiled. "At present the current Priscus is Miss Catherine Keyes."

She paused to neatly write down Catherine's telephone number on a small Post-It note and then hand the note to David. Another gentle smile followed.

Once more she let a silence fall to allow David time to settle and ponder his next question.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

"Yellow," the word is said more to himself than to Martha. Though, looking at the number of Ms. Keys, David couldn't help but wonder if there was a message in the arrangement. But, after a second or two, David folded the slip neatly and put it into a wallet. Brown and worn, it looks like it has been with him for quite a long time. "I hope I might meet them soon," David murmurs quietly just after the wallet returns to its home.

Front pant pocket, by the by. David never liked the feeling of sitting on his wallet.

"I think," David ventures tentatively, "the only questions I have, is if I might claim a haven in the Communal Zone and about the Order." Chancing a quick glance up, he looks out into the middle distance. A skill he picked up when he didn't want to stare at the ground but, too afraid of looking directly at anyone. "Where is the Chapterhouse?" David tries a chuckle, but, it comes out a bit like a puff of air, considering his vague sense of luck.

"I'd like to see about an out of the way place for research..."

There's a long note of pure silence before David adds hastily, "But, everything here seems straightforward, thank you."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Another happy nod. "Ah...the Chapterhouse! Yes, I shall delight in showing you were it is! It is out of the place. the Castellan and I have worked hard to imbue the Chapterhouse with sensible geomantic elements to help improve study...I do hope it shall meet you needs!" she smiles happily.

"If you meet me the evening after tomorrow we can travel to the Chapterhouse and meet the Castellan! I hope that sounds useful to you!"

"Now...you will be permitted to set up a Haven in the Communal Zone...and permitted to Feed there too. But, if you wish I can set up a small room here for you to make a refuge for you whilst you make the arrangements needed to enact that privilege." she smiles sweetly. Leaning hard on her cane, she limps near David...perhaps to make sure she keeps moving.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

"You've been very kind," David intimates quietly. It is his very best Justin Quayle impression in his acceptance. In truth, though, David was keen on starting existiance in a place where he didn't have to walk on Egg-Shells. Not like he had to in Minneapolis, in any case. Even so, the young man of Libitina was also grateful. Grateful for more than just the simple gestures, the quieter words, but for her patience.

David knew full well that his timidity needed it. The darkness hadn't attached to him for so long that he forgot.

"I'd be glad of a temporary room." A break, "I don't take up much space." As if that was supposed to put Martha at ease. "Homes are as much a reflection of ourselves as they aren't."

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a smile Martha seemed delighted to see his acceptance and gratitude.

"Ah! Splendid! You will have a chance to meet many from this Domain over the next few evenings! We have a Court planned! You shall have a chance to meet others then too."

Another smile.

She hobbles back to the charts and folds them back to how they were at the beginning of the Presentation.

"You may consider yourself formerly Acknowledged in this Domain, sir! Now...if you wish, I shall show you to the room I have in mind and you can be then left alone to settle in. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask."

With as much grace as she can muster, Martha smiles and hobbles out to show David to his temporary quarters within this Elysian Field.

C
    Casitive

Others. The word rung around in David's mind like a little bouncy-ball. That's right, the young Mekhet reasoned, there can't be a city without others. How silly would that be? "Thank you, Madam Herald," David spoke quickly, like he didn't give each word their due before moving on to the next one. "I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I settle," a low hum, pushing his hands into his pockets, "If there are no questions, then there is no learning."

As he passes out of the place he even adds, "Sorry to be such a burden."

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread