Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Welcome to Hang Town) A Call to a Mission

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

"Unfortunately I cannot explain the mindset of the insurrectionists, but I can say without doubt that removing Raven will help us move toward a solution. It will not be easy, for the insurrectionists have abandoned their routines and havens, but if it were easy then there would not be a problem. Nevertheless, once we reach Placerville you will be given the most current information and from there you will be able to plan as you will. As for when we should begin, Placerville is only about an hour by automotive travel and we could leave this evening or the next, if you must set your possessions in order." Perin clasped his hands behind his back, waiting to see if there are any more matters to discuss.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods and nods once more to Perin; "I thank you for your answers, Excellency. I have every confidence in this mission."

Part of her wanted to go along too...to lead from the front and try to inspire success at the head of the team. But Martha had a wider role to fulfill in Sacramento and her longing to join the team on the mission was mere fancy...and she rubbed at her crippled thigh as the realization of that set in.

She nods to Dillon and then to those assembled and tries to gauge how ready they are to proceed.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Cherry Bomb

It's a fucking trial not to roll her eyes at Drake's attitude, but damn if Cherry wasn't a trooper. They weren't going there to make an example of the woman, they were going there to stop her. Once that was taken care of, there would probably be people lining up to take their pound of flesh from the traitor. No point arguing about it now though. Drake was certainly confident, she'd give him that much at least.

"Okay, we can make more detailed plans when we've got more information available. I'm ready to go now." Cherry always kept a couple changes of clothing packed in her car, you never knew when you'd need it. If they weren't enough, she could always just buy more. "I can fit the group in my car, if anyone doesn't have their own."

To Martha and Dillon, she gestures to the equipment. "Thank you for the supplies, I'm sure we'll get some use out of them. Reeve, assuming you aren't accompanying us," something she felt was likely, "Who are you putting in charge of the group?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

As Cherry speaks and asks her question, Martha silently looks to Dillon. She's putting the finishing touches to a letter for Seneschal Perin and seems to have reached the same question too.

She had a candidate for command in mind, but she trusted Dillon's insight into such things.

Her pen is poised over paper...

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke raised his hand, glancing around the room nervously. Seems friendliness is in short supply at these meetings. "Pardon me for asking, but if we're going to be up against other kindred, shouldn't we prepare the right tools for the job? A couple of flare guns could prove useful if we need an edge."

He shrugged slightly. "Although I suppose we could just buy a few emergency kits when we get there."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods and smiles. Hoping to help Luke out;

"A fine idea. Sir, I think you'll be wanting an Orion 12 gauge signal rocket flare. They look and operate like a standard handgun. You can get one for about $70...each comes with a clip bandoleer of four or six flares. Each flare has a persistence of about 7 seconds and a range of 500 feet."

She smiles and while speaking uses her hands to mime the trajectory of a flare in flight and the dainty gestures of a hand gun in use.

"Usefully they are resistant to damp and are very durable. However...being a flare, the sheer candlepower of each flare is truly immense...and may well cause some confusion and attract attention. Maybe even the attentions of the various blue-light services. Oh...and each flare burns at about 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. So...please be careful!"

"Western Marine supplies over at Micron Avenue in the Citrus Heights carries them in stock. If you hurry, you may just catch the store before it closes!" she smiles cheerily. Happy that her many recon's, patrols and investigations of useful equipment were finally paying off.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Given that the fellow he hadn't received a name for is coming across as a nervous - if thoughtful - wreck, and Doctor Drake's social graces are about as well developed as Miley Cyrus' sense of self-respect and dignity, Dillon reckons the best candidate is obvious. His link to the chain of command for their group in Placerville will be the one who was sharp enough and confident enough to ask.

Candy Cain it is, then.

"Thank you for volunteering,"
    he answers Cherry with a cheeky grin. "I think you'll do well."

She might not have asked for it exactly, but she... you know... asked for it.

"Phone in updates to me at least once per evening, or to Herald Villiers if for some reason I'm not able to answer." Hitting your phone's call button with the nose of a dog is a pain in the haunches. "Until then, your main priority is to see that the Traditions are observed.

"A Gangrel Acolyte will probably mean Blood Sorcery. Emphasis on the blood. And will also mean that no animal you encounter can be trusted or underestimated."

Dillon speaks calmly, just slightly more businesslike now. His friendly smirk is only a hint at the corners of his mouth. "An hour's drive to Placerville means I could possibly fly there much quicker, but don't count on my being able to render assistance if you get in over your heads. I will try to if I can, however."*

After all, if the Protean Master of Sacramento can take to wing and reach Placerville so quickly, then another Gangrel sheriff going by the name of Raven might very well be able to do the opposite. Dillon doesn't intend to leave Martha or anyone else in this city even the slightest bit vulnerable.

The whole while, his pen has been active at the paper, as Dillon only glances down sparsely to check his work. He's been actively scribbling since the last time their guest spoke. When he finally shows his notes to Martha, Dillon angles the paper so that it is visable to her only.

On it, instead of notes, are amusing cartoon representations of himself and everyone in the room, gathered around a large table as they are. They're not terribly inaccurate, either, but some exaggeration is employed in order to better identify each. One character is outlined in several broken lines, as though indicating he is shaking. Like a cold Chihuahua.

An arrow points to him, along with the words What's his name?

* OOC
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

"Most excellent. It appears that we're ready to begin," Perin said, giving a calm smile. "While I can't say that any part of this situation puts me at ease I am feeling much more confident about the outcome after speaking with you all. I have no doubts that your excellent preparation, intelligence, and willingness to combat this threat will ensure an outcome that we can all benefit from. If there is nothing else, I would motion for this meeting to come to a close. It is time to travel to Placerville."

OOC

9. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

@Fool

Borrowing heavily on her Mortal experience Martha felt it sensible and proper to supply Perin and the team with a formal Letter of Credence to provide for the attention of the Prince of Placerville.

As she added the finishing touches to it she showed the letter to Dillon Connery and hoped it helped answer his questions and pass his favour.

Once satisfied she had Dillon's nod with a somber nod the letter was sealed into an envelope and handed with a degree of ceremony to Cherry Bomb

It is very neatly written and reads thus:-

Sacramento, September 2013

To His Majesty, Augusto Reyes,
    Prince of the Domain of Placerville,
    California

Your Majesty,

Letter of Credence

Note Verbale

Though greatly troubled by the content of your communications we are grateful for the gift of wine and the visit by your noble Envoy, His Excellency Seneschal Dominick Perin.

This Domain shall not be delinquent in the face of your urgent request for aid.

To help reinforce your position; please find returning with your Envoy several volunteers from this Domain.

They are all steadfast and loyal Kindred.

Letter of Credence

Your Majesty,

In accordance with your request, we have the honour to inform you that the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento is pleased to send as reinforcements to your Domain the following Kindred:-

* Miss Cherry Bomb, of Clan Nosferatu

* Dr Anthony Drake MD, of Clan Nosferatu
    * Mr Daniel Whitfield, of Clan Mekhet
    * Mr Luke Caldon, of Clan Mekhet

The Reeve of Sacramento nominated Miss Cherry Bomb to be the leader of this team.

Dr Drake shall act as her immediate deputy should any circumstance create prolonged interference with Miss Cherry Bomb's ability to continue to fully perform as field leader of this operational detachment.

They have been briefed on the nature of the crisis and are ready to render such aid and assistance as is in their physical power to do so.

Accept, Your Majesty, the assurances of my highest consideration.

Ex unitae vires

Miss Martha Villiers Btss, MA (Oxon)
    Herald of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento
    Acting-Seneschal of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento
    Grand Wyrm, Chapter House of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento

Excellent scene! Please proceed to the next thread!
    http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...491#post313491

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread