THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

As Michael listens to Catherine his tension seems to go down. Finally, he picks his flute up again just to have something in his hands.

"Touche, Miss Keys, touche." - his natural smile returns to his face, - "But why would you try to test me specifically, I wonder? You want to know about the Ordo, don't you? Why risk antogonizing me?" - he studies her with his grey eyes for a moment, before continuing:

"The lecture is as much a test as was your blunt question. Knowledge doesn't just jump at you when you are a part of our Covenant. You pry it from the world with concentration and effort. And knowing how to listen to boring people that have the information you need. People love to talk." - he leaves it at that, apparently satisfied with exploring the topic.

"Let's move on to your question. A good example of historical change I study is the Russian revolution of 1917 and the events that followed. A most unnatural philosophy, based on the premise that all men can live as one happy family. You might want to wonder how it was born and what circumstances allowed it to take root. And then you have 75 years of humans being subjected to a fundamentally flawed doctrine, which lead to the birth of many interesting personal stories, and, more importantly, allowed the ripples from that first Change to be spread and felt around the world."

He makes a pause before continuing:

"Such major events are an obvious topics for study. But there are much more subtle patterns to be explored too. I cannot go into the methods of linking this research to the understanding of our condition as you are not one of us. Suffice to say, it works. Other Dragons derive their inspiration elsewhere."

Having completely regained his composure by now, Michael waits for Catherine's reply.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Bumping Key
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Sorry life

Was I truly risking Antagonizing you? I am alone in this room with you, essentially trapped, and I am quite positive you could take me in a fight.” She spoke simply and succinctly although the ghost of a smile threaded it’s way through her vision.

Consider my words those of someone who does not understand your speech completely, the words yes, the meanings no. You, like others of your covenant do not speak plainly, instead you dance with words. This is something I can appreciate, but your pirouettes are too complicated for even a trained dancer to follow. This makes at least me assume that you are not moving to a choreography that has been seen for some time.

She leaned foreword for a moment.

I do not doubt your dance with words is spectacular, Doctor Redfill, but I would prefer to not jump to conclusions concerning your covenant. I wish to know what you see in it, and why you chose it. These are the two pieces of information I seek for the purpose of determining through the greatest number of answers if the Ordo Dracul is a place where I would not only be accepted but also be able to grow.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Same here, sorry

Redfill listens to her attentively, a smile fading in and out during her conversation. In the end, he sighs and lays his hands on his knees. This dilligent schoolgirl's gesutre contrasts sharply with the doctor's previous behaviour, but he doesn't seem to notice it:

"Well, I certainly was not talking about you risking bringing out my Beast. In fact, you can't, even if you tried - that's what my particular venue of training with the Dragons has been about." - he considers her words for a few more seconds, before continuing, - "You are quite the dancer yourself, Miss Keys: we have been talking for quite a while, and I still have no idea why you are considering our Covenant." - he looks deep into those captivating eyes of hers, - "I'll try to be as direct as I can be with one not of our Covenant. From spiritual standpoint we foster personal growth and control over your body, mind and destiny. From a practical one, we can help you overcome any part of your curse that you will wish to focus on. And these changes come at no cost except the risk and effort involved in going through them. So, is that something that you want, Miss Keys?"

He relaxes then:

"As for my personal reasons for joining, they are simple: my Sire was Ordo and he saved me from being disposed of, when I started getting around to the idea that immortal monsters existed." - his smile gets broader at the memory of Andrey, - "So the interesting question is, would I still join if I had a choice back then? I would. Ordo offers a degree of control over yourself that no other Covenant does. At least, that's what I've come to believe. If I want to change something about me: my body, my mind or even parts of my Curse, there are techniques and teachers to help me. And that means that I am in command of everything that I am. This is why I am in the Ordo Dracul, Miss Keys."
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Catherine Keyes

PRE

At the risk of sounding standoffish, I can not actually disclose the reason to why I am looking at the Ordo Dracul other than your Grand Wyrm suggested the Covenant to me.” she said with a serious look on her face. “My own sire is Unaligned, as is my Grandsire, I was looking to perhaps change that trend of my blood, and I do not sway from difficult work, Doctor Redfill, only those of shrouded words and hidden agendas; to which I respond in turn.

She stood. “I see now perhaps I was wrong in my assumption of your hold on your Beast, but such a test was still necessary in my eyes, how else could I hope to trust you around me, or me around you? But I believe that perhaps I must return home, I have much to think on, and others to speak to. Have a good evening Doctor Redfill.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael smiles at her comment about 'shrouded words':

"Well, I dare say I've explained it to you as clearly as possible: both the benefits and the costs. Maybe I should have done it at once, but I also wanted to see what kind of character you have."

He also stands and opens the door:

"Good evening to you, Miss Keys. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have additional questions, please."

Now, let's try to play something slower.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Catherine Keyes

PRE

"Of course, Doctor Redfill." she gave him a faint smile before departing entirely.

End scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread