THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

There is a nod that only Minnie can see. "Then seek out the Parlour of the Hanging Lantern. I may be found there. And if I am not, they will keep any message you desire till I return. As for payment... why... whatever you feel the instruction to be worth. There are many paths to enlightenment and not all can be traversed by the same people."

The followers look upon their leader with amazement. Despite their collective efforts, they find nothing in the shadows. Yet their mysterious leader appears to be calm, collected, and not scrutinising the scenery in the least.

"Where is this parlour? Might you provide for me which street it rests closest to?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Head west along <<insert street>> and look for the shop with the green lanterns. If you find Cao's apothecary and the Red Tea House you are almost there; if you find the portrait seller, you have come too far. Look for Wu's Butchers as a landmark if you are having trouble: its a warehouse and rises above the shops, so if you see it, you know you are in the right area." The woman's voice chimes with suppressed mirth.

Taking the woman's tone as the potential for honesty but no guarantee, Minnie replies, "Tomorrow night, I will see you there, then. Have a pleasurable evening, all of you."

Unless in some way prevented or addressed at length, she withdrawals from the building discretely and continues her ordinary business of the night.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The cloaked woman remains as still as ever and her flock cower close about her, their mortal eyes so dim and lacking in wit that they look everywhere but where the Mekhet slips from shadow to shadow. Outside, the streets are quiet. Minnie Chang disappears into the night.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread