Ended
Watch

Mekhet Meeting: July 2013

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    B
    Beej

Teo catches Aileen's lingering gaze and his own turns slightly curious before his attention is turned to Martha's calling the gathering to order. Who indeed? Teo ponders. He looks around the table causally, assessing contemplatively Martha's prompt. His own choice of course would be the Grand Wyrm. Who else would be a finer choice? But he suspected that her position on the title had not changed.

Sage was the next logical choice. Her self nomination was no suprise. An Invictus, an Au Pair and now Keeper of Elyiusm. He lingers, a little curious on Keyes. She had almost been nominated by Grayson before his rebuke. Her self-nomination was a little bit of a suprise though. While he did not know that much about her, even after their conversation, she didn't strike him as the one to be a priscus.

Aileen he did not spare at her contending for Priscus. But he did wonder what her gaze had meant. Did I frighten her? Does she not trust me? Doubt crept in as he though more about his quietest of cousins. He had not spent all
    that much time working with her as opposed to others. Something I should correct in due time.

Teo's eyes linger longest of all on the empty chair where Brady had sat last meeting. Where is she? Another sudden departure? Or another kidnapping? Two candidates it seemed. And you. he thought. Perhaps now is the time for you? To work the Almighty's subtle message? He had been surprised by Martha's nomination last time but he had felt she had made it for genuine reasons, be it her true selfless insight or the hand of the Lord. But the Monk held himself back. He could not pursue such a thing, only humbling accept if offered. Finally he returns to Martha and looks at her curious, wondering if she would join the contest or nominate another, or himself.

Martha Villiers

PRE

This is fascinating!

Martha smiled and looked at each of those who spoke, peering happily at each over the rims of her spectacles.

"Self nominations! Most fascinating!" she chirped. "I can see there are many with excellent skills and claims on the title. I would wish to repeat my suggestion that Brother Teodor would be an excellent candidate. Though this is in no way to be taken as a rebuke to others or to suggest I feel their words are folly..." she smiles sweetly and nods to Catherine and the others.

"Given the situation and the talent we see before us; why not compromise? Holding a vote might be divisive and Why not those who wish to hold the position of Priscus do so, but on a seasonal basis? Each candidate holding office for a tenure of several months and handing over to the next and continue in that cycle."

"Seasonal rule is established in some cultures. I know we are all capable of co-operation. Shall we perhaps experiment with such a pattern?"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

While she wouldn't voice her doubts, and put the Grand Wyrm in an awkward position, Aïleen had doubts about this seasonal idea. Not least of which the need for stability many Kindred seemed to be after. Also, she doubted she could work on Family matters with several people at once. As usual for her, though, she kept silent for now.

B
    Beej

Ah. There it is..

"Thank you for you confidence Herald Villiers. I accept your nomintions." He nods his head in thanks. Then Martha throws the American curve ball.

Seaons?! Teo's eyebrow raises a few centimeters. What the devil is she angling at? Is she that desperate to have me as priscus that she would split up the position to ensure it? The move was unheard of to Teo. It was down right Carthian or possibly Crone. On the other hand..it is quite an audacious attempt to carry out an experiment. It was a very bold Ordo move.

He glances at Keyes to gauge her reaction and then to Sage. As the strongest candidate in the room she had the most to loose by the suggestion. An Invictus having to share power would be an interesting sight to see. One had to wonder if what comment the Prince might have on the suggestion.

Uhh...

Daniel was the only Carthian here, right?

While the concept of a vote wasn't all that alien to him, in fact it was so taken for granted by him that he hadn't even acted surprised when Ms.Villiers brought it up, the way she was describing how this position would rotate of all things was... Well, it was damn good by-the-book Carthian, he grinned despite himself.

Shifting slightly in his seat, Daniel thought to himself Shit. I think I'm starting to like this place a little...

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine remained silent although she did look to Daniella Sage ( Tiffany ) for her thoughts. Oddly enough, she let her own silence stand for her thoughts for the time being, and decided to be like Aïleen: more or less useless in this sort of situation.

But in truth considering everyone else in the room was just being silent, her eyes once again drifted between the silent Mekhet ( Bigpaw ) and Daniel .

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Out of the blue, and her corner of the room, Aïleen's voice rose in the room's silence."You have got my confidence, Brother Raluca." stated the shy Mekhet, trying to keep her face blank, and not look at anybody but the bearded Shadow, whom she saluted with a nod. She quickly settled back, trying to look inconspicuous, as if nothing untoward had happened.

Martha Villiers

PRE

There's another nod from Martha as she notes the various comments.

"I see we are moving forward! Splendid! To make things fair; shall we commence immediately with this project and rotate the office of Priscus in alphabetical order of surname? That way there shall be no unseemly confusion over rotation." she smiles sweetly.

Hoping this sounds a good and sensible plan.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Catherine Keyes

PRE

It was interesting.

And Daniella’s silence was more than a little strange.

Miss Villers and cousins, If I may suggest instead of dividing this experiment year into we divide it into two instead, and make the time of experimentation a year and a half. So that the duties of the position can be more properly learned. To us, four months is but a week; it is barely time at all, given our long lives.” She looked between Teo and Aïleen for a moment. “Also I propose that whoever would be taking position next stand as Clan Whip, and whom ever just stepped down act as advisor.

She smiled, knowing that she was alphabetically first, unless Aïleen decided to suddenly want to do something. “In this case, since I am first, I would have Madam Sage as Whip, and Brother Raluca as an advisor for the sake of setting the mold. When Madam Sage rises to Priscus, Brother Raluca would take his place as Whip and I would move to Advisor.

B
    Beej

The silence had been close to defeaning at least to the Dragon's ears. Aileen's vote of confidence pleased Racula. He had nodded his thanks to her. He had two votes, albeit from his covenant. It was not the strongest position but a position none the less. Keys seemed quite happy to jump on the idea as it was the only way she was winning.

"As voting for or against the proposal would carry the base connotation of voting for myself, I must abstain." he looks around the table. "There are currently two votes for an individual on the table. Would anyone wish to make any further individual votes? Would either of the two votes of confidence wish to be withdrawn in favor of voting for the proposal?" If they were withdrawn then Teo would know exactly where he stood.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread