Ended
Watch
41 - 47
DISPLAYED
A Small Project...

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    G
    Greebs

Sorry! RL is kinda kicking my ass this week - Imma try to keep up, things should settle down by next weekend!

"That was careless of you..." Mal said distractedly, baleful yellow eyes now firmly fixed on Spook. It was apparently something minor that had passed between the two of them. But she didn't like his silence. It meant he had something to hide. He was lying to them. Mutely smiling and nodding was not going to make this go away.

"...And if your customer does not want to be parted from it?"

Whatever it is...

A
    Ambrose

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-05 09:19:52 Llewelyn rolls 4 to Quirt? [Int + Occ] (10 Again) 7, 3, 5, 5 failure
    Llewelyn stood silently, simply letting Mal take charge. She was asking the questions he would have - albeit in her usual abrasive tone. so there was no point in interfering. Especially seeing as he had absolutely no clue what a quirt was... A rare goblin fruit perhaps? It sounds it.

F
    Facer

The Asian-man-for-a-day did know a bit about the ‘item’ Xian He wanted back and it was no toy. There were bonuses for being awake when 80% of the Freehold was asleep in their beds. One of them was that he had ample time to read and peruse archives. This particular piece of hedgespun was not his favorite subject and the other Changelings should know what they would be getting into.

Chiming in after Malory, he spoke slowly, holding his impeccable posture. “A Keeper’s Quirt is not a pleasant object to retrieve forcefully, I might add…if that is what you are asking of us. From my understanding, it is a torture device of sorts; as dishonorable in battle as it is effective.” Ignoring any cold stares, he goes on with his description for the benefit of the others. “It appears as a short horse whip,” Meh, about this long, “but to use it on a horse would be quite…unfortunate, for it exists for a very different purpose: to cause intense mental anguish by forcing its victim to relive their most terrible moments with each strike…their most terrible.” He repeated with extra emphasis to enable the right kind of fear in his audience.

“Whatever the method, to return to you such an item will not be easy.” Getting Paaaaid!

Xian He nods at the description. "You have heard of such a thing, then. That is good. It will make the rest easier." He then broadens his focus to the entire group. "This item was, as I said, in my possession, but it is no longer. It was sold by mistake to a mortal man. I did not at first attempt to retrieve it as, as you have mentioned, the item is one of a rather unsavory nature. I felt it might actually be safest in the hands of one who did not know what it was and was unlikely to be able to utilize it. Hidden, as it were, like a needle in a haystack."

Xian He takes a deep breath like a man about to admit something unpleasant. "I was mistaken. I now know that he has discovered its use and is mis-using the item. That is why I have asked you here. I am a merchant, skilled in the arts of negotiation and haggling, but not one suited to this task. If any of you wish to have nothing to do with this, I will understand. You may leave without any ill will. For those that wish to stay I have the receipt with the man's name and credit card number and can answer any questions you might have."

In addition to any response, please roll perception.

S
    Saeyer

Ava presses her lips together into a small mouth shrug, faintly impressed at Spook's knowledge; all she had been able to glean from the name was that it was powerful and bad news. Important, but not exactly specific. At the same time, while the details he provided were definitely helpful, his seemingly in-depth knowledge of such a thing did nothing to assuage the suspicion she still feels toward him after Xian He's reaction to his entrance. She would be keeping an eye on him, for safety's sake.

Her eyebrows shoot up at the explanation of why it was sold to a mortal man. Its a whip... you don't buy it to put it on the wall, you buy it to beat things. True, it would seem unlikely that someone would figure out how to use it just by chance. Spook's comment about how unfortunate it would be to use the Quirt on a horse comes back to her and she winces a little, as the only other thing she can imagine buying a whip for is sexual play. Pretty serious mood killer, unless you... get off... on that. The thought is not a pleasant one to her and she pushes it away.

Looking at Xian He intently, she clears her throat and asks, "I'm interested in assisting with this, but I'd like to ask what do you meant when you said your skills of negotiation and haggling are 'not suited' to this task." Her face is set in a combination of curiosity and light skepticism. Perhaps he meant transactional bargaining would not work... As long as the person isn't incapable of reason I wouldn't be useless, but... hm.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-07 16:36:41 Ava Campbell rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 5, 10, 4, 4, 3, 9 2 successes

Outside of the Freehold borders, this group of Lost is further than most from the Freehold. Nevertheless, a deep, resounding thunder suddenly pierces the shop, like some great volcanic eruption. Rushing out into the streets the Lost can see in the distance a sight to make the bravest tremble. All around them no one else seems to have noticed the disaster occurring in the heart of the city.

Behind them, Xian He bows his head in sorrow and regret.

Scene is closed due to more pressing matters.

Please continue here
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread