Ended
Watch

A Fetish to Remember

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    C
    Cross

Nick looked bloody impressed. He wasn't much of a talker, even in the face of super fetishes, but he did have a couple of words on the subject.

"That's outstanding. Nice job, Chaplain!"

The Ithaeur was a bloody inspiration, getting a mighty spirit to not only side with them but actively protect them in the field. Munroe's respect for Chaplain grew even greater than it already was.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Size: 6
    Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Health: 8

PRE

When the pack seemed impressed and congratulated John, he smiled in reply, glad that it meant as much to them as it did to him. However, a grin did seem to form on his lips when Skaald asked about what it done.

"Why don't we see?" the Beta said, picking up the nightstick and holding it in both hands. He held it to his mouth and began to whisper to the spirit bound within, urging Patient-Hewer-of-Rock from its slumber. He then swung the fetish in an arc, striking the earth with a resounding thud. Diamond hard crystals became suddenly visible inside the charred wood. The light moves through the air, infusing the flesh of the pack members who have been accepted by Blackens-the-Skies, the Crusaders' totem.

All except Chaplain himself.

"The diamond hardness of the mighty Stone Spirit protects you all but not me. This is a burden I am willing to accept in our war against the Anshenga."

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-01 14:48:14 John Holt rolls 7 to Activate Nightstick (10 Again) 9, 1, 2, 4, 8, 2, 2 2 successes

OOC

T
    Tyladhras

Blitzkrieg stood in awed silence, watching and listening intently as Chaplain spoke. He felt no shame in showing he was impressed. Chaplain had achieved no mean feat at no small cost to himself at it was seemed only proper that his respect was made known.

The joking tone vanished from Blitzkrieg's voice and the inner-soldier came out. "That's no small burden you've taken up, Chaplain. You are as selfless as you are wise. If your deed is representative of the Crusaders' integrity it would be my honor to fight shoulder to shoulder with you."

R
    Ryan Deshane

I am pretty sure everyone present but Blitz has met BTS, cause we did that before Chips so we could make sure that UC worked for everyone.

Digger looked to his arms as the diamond sheen covers him. "Chaplain. That is a mighty thing you have done brother. You truly are the best of us. We cannot thank enough for this." Digger said and claps his pack brother on the shoulder. He was pretty much speechless beyond this. He listened to Blitz and saw right there that the proper choice was made in that one. The Storm Lord impressed the Alpha. But that had been happening a lot lately by his pack mates.

Rawlins
    Rawlins

PRE

Rawlins is amazed. It is humbling. All he can offer is a friendly -and respect filled- pat on the back for one who is - or should be! - a living legend. Crafting such a fetish is a deed worthy of remembrance; he certainly has heard no such tale from recent times.

Skaald gazes in amazement at both his own sparkling flesh and that of his pack -- save for Chap himself. The effect and the power it represented were nothing short of stunning, and the sacrifice it represented -- not just the willingness for self sacrifice, but the repeated and future-minded self sacrifice shown by the effect -- that was nothing short of humbling.

"Oh wow...." is all he can utter in a hushed, reverent tone. He blinks his eyes a few times and has to give himself a shake before he continues. And he wants me to perform the rite for him for this.... "Chap, please, you must tell us how this was accomplished, so that I may sing of it properly when I call the spirits."

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Health: 8

PRE

"My thanks, to each of you," Chaplain said, looking to each member as they sent praise his way. When Skaald asked to hear more of the tale, the Beta nodded with a smile.

"Myself and Faithkeeper travelled to a local quarry with the belief that if there was anywhere that a potent Earth Spirit would reside, it would be there. We tracked some chalk dust to a cave high in the quarry's cliff face and faced a truly exhausting climb, one that pushed me physically and mentally, where I had to focus on succeeding. Once more, the experience of Faithkeeper helped me to reach the top, and I am in her debt."

Chaplain paused, considering his words spoken. There was Honour there and he was not so proud as to admit to others when he needed assistance.

"Inside the cave, which gave out a crystalline light, we discovered a riddle, a koan written upon the wall. Stone is patience, and steeped in life, and those who fade seek what they have lost, to pass is simple when the answer is thought, to know is to understand the nature of stone. And so, we sat and meditated, patient and calm. After an hour, a stone cavern appeared that led us deeper into the cave itself, a maze of rock with a pool of crystal water, as reflective as a mirror but rather than being inverted, the image in the water was a perfect copy of the caverns above. We attempted to touch the water and found it was as solid as stone and I even tried to stand upon it. Even though it held my weight, it didn't yield the way forward," Chaplain chuckled, shaking his head at the memory.

"Once more faced with a riddle, we found that by speaking in First Tongue, we were able to enter the pool and dive through to a hidden chamber! It was most remarkable! We entered a bright crystal corridor and could hear the soft sounds of drumming. Moving through, we found ourselves amongst a similar cavern as above but with many misshapen rock men mining and building a huge chair around a central cairn. A swarm of Lesser Gafflings known as Working Shale and are a part of the quarry itself. We learnt they were building the chair for Patient Hewer of Rock. Almost immediately, the crystal along the walls began to shower towards us and form upon the chair into the shape of the mighty Spirit, comprised entirely of diamond. I asked for its aid and it asked me to tell of my pack, which I did. Yet, it was not swayed for it is a being of resilience and patience. It does not decide swiftly and so we were tasked with removing a darkness that had taken root within the cavern."

Once again, Chaplain paused but this time took a swig of his beer. His eyes narrowed briefly.

"We travelled deeper, agreeing to this task. Whatever it was, it brought rot to the stone and so required us to remove it. Only then would Patient Hewer of Rock aid us with this binding. Coming across the darkness, Faithkeeper summoned a minor Light Spirit, Brief Candle of Festivals, to aid us and even though it was rather skittish, it did help us. Going deeper, we came across a foul smell and eventually a rough mud wall. After closer inspection, we uncovered a nest of Beshilu. Quickly, we used a shirt tied around my nightstick to create a fire that burned through the nest, burning through the bodies of the rats. As they tried to escape, we both eradicated their existence from the tunnels. Making certain there were no more alive, we returned to Patient Hewer of Rock and he agreed to be bound to my nightstick so long as I agreed to return to his sanctuary once per month and see that Working Shale are protected. Once done, the fetish was created."

Angel of Darkness
    M

The Chaplain finishes his beer and walks out.
    John Holt exits the scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2