Watch

Neutral Ground VIII

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

It is a good moon indeed, and Melissa looks up at the sky when Shieldbearer mentions it. Honour. Something Melissa hopes to achieve.

<<Good evening Shieldbearer.>> His presence still impresses the young Cahalith. It is quite noticeable in the way she acts, keeping her head low. She looks at others only short when they arrive or speak. <<Indeed... Nieves? Hey.>> She would normally smile, now her good mood is only reflected in her eyes.

On this Honourable night, Melissa slowly approaches the top of the hill, reading 'Here lies Flame-of-Man' on the stone. With simple and sweet curiosity the white wolf turns around, <<May I ask, why is it that we honor Flame-of-Man?' Her tone indicates that this is a story she would like to hear, rather than that she doubts honoring the buried one.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

I
    Irina

With Alejandra's attempt at small talk actually proving marginally successful, if a little on the sort side, she was nonetheless bolstered by the knowledge that "chit-chat" was not something completely out of her grasp. She pushed herself up into a sitting position, but remained by the tree to lean against the rough bark; ever watchful of newcomers to the Tur.

Coming here every other night was a pleasant change to hunting, or walking amongst the herd to better understand them. One of these days, the wild Irraka might even communicate with them beyond a cursory "hello."

"Good evening to you, Melissa," Alejandra greeted along a similar vein, before her attention drifted to Stefan. With his arrival a much more familiar smile appeared on the woman's face, and she raised a hand. "Welcome to the party, Shieldbearer," Alejandra joked lightly.

Each time she had visited the Tur thus far, a newcomer had come to introduce themselves and this time was evidently no different. Her dark eyes studied the new woman with characteristic calculating care. "Hello," Alejandra answered politely. "Care to introduce yourself?" She did not seek to answer the question about Flame-of-Man immediately - someone more capable of storytelling could field the question far better. To Alejandra learning of the new Uratha was of far greater importance than spinning a tale. Some things could wait a little longer.

K
    Kazakin

When Stefan's words proved prophetic, the Cahalith gave a smile that showed off his perfect white teeth. His storm grey eyes flashed as his gaze moved over the woman. Honour, Purity and Wisdom. Arriving at a Half-Moon. It was indeed a good night - and his dreams were so often prophetic that it never hurt to give a little credence to the reputation of Cahalith as perfectly foresighted.

"Welcome to Sacramento. I am Shieldbearer, Cahalith of the Iminir, Alpha of the Shadow Seekers. Stefan Anderson to the Herd. You are?"

His unflinching eyes didn't move, because sizing up the newcomer always came first. But he heard Melissa's request, and that mattered too. Stories always needed to be told, and the memory of a Cahalith was the memory of the People.

"I'll tell you it - both of you, if you like. The story of Flame-of-Man is a worthy one."

C
    Cross

Nick gave a little 'hmm!' face as the newcomer arrived right after Stefan suggested that someone might be coming. "Hey," he said pleasantly, with a nod to the new girl. His eyes flicked across her brands. He thought well of the array. He had found himself thinking more on Honor of late himself after witnessing Stefan Anderson's judgment of Kevin Swift.

The newest potential Crusaders prospect's question was a good one, and Nick nodded once approvingly. Fact was, he didn't know why they honoured Flames-of-Man, either. "I'm certainly interested in that tale," Nick replied, not ashamed to admit to not knowing history.

S
    Selena

Celeste didn’t feel awkward at not having a deed name. Should it have been more important, probably, but they had different priorities back home. The Ithaeur figured out which one was Melissa right away, thanks to Rahu that pointed her out. “Hey,” answering Nieves first greeting and a quick nod to Melissa too.

Alejandra’s inquiry made her snap out of the new-face-who-is-everyone cadence her eyes made. “Oh, yeah.” With a quick nod to the one who initially asked for an intro. Offering her hand to the Irraka. “Name’s Celeste Steiner, from Oskaloosa.” Which rolled right off her tongue just like all the other weird ass town names in KS, MO, OK, and NE.

Just as the Storm Lord was wondering which was the Shieldbearer, it quickly was answered. Her hand would be offered to him as well. Of course, Celeste hadn’t a clue what people did around these parts. “And I’m always up for a good story, Shieldbearer.” With a crooked lip of a smile. “Meant no disrespect for interrupting.” The left hand rose from her side in respect to the noble man. “Oh, and thanks for the welcome.”

Ah hell maybe I should have moved towns a few times in 10 years. Celeste had a feeling she’d fuck up, as much as she didn’t want to. the Storm Lord would suck it up and own it if she did. "And hey there." The mid-west bled through her voice as she acknowledged Nick.

Yup, slap me with the 'I'm new here' badge and call me silly.

PRE

The newcomer's polite mannerisms put aside any unease she had felt at their presence. She introduced herself without her Deed Name, which might have meant she did not have one. Yet Celeste didn't seem like some young pup like Nieves was. "I'm Nieves Werra, and welcome," she says to Celeste without mentioning her Auspice or lack of tribe.

Nieves had heard the story briefly back in her first few days in the city, but had never really probed for more information than that. There was probably a lot she didn't know about the story of Flame-of-Man, so she was certainly up for listening. "I'd be interested in hearing it as well," she shares with Shieldbearer.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

While turning her back to the stone, Melissa slowly nods her wolf-head to greet Alejandra and then Celeste, <<Hello Celeste, my name is Melissa Halliwell.>> Of course the Cahalith had not directly recognized the woman as a new arrival. But this means Melissa is not the "newest" anymore... might it matter.

Besides, it appear Nick and Nieves don't know the story of Flame-of-Man yet. Maybe they didn't have that natural urge to hear stories. Still, she concludes there is enough room for her ambition to grow beyond some of the Uratha here.

<<Thank you, Shieldbearer.>>

Though I should remind myself that in this new life, everything is about working together, in a pack. No more high school popularity competitions, please. Melissa cannot allow herself to become her old self, but at the same time she wants to be a Storm Lord... She must find a honorable balance.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

I
    Irina

To the introduction, Alejandra gave a curt nod. She was trying not to appear her usual brusque self, but twenty or so years of having a particular manner was hard to break. She kept her own responding introduction short, not wanting to cut into the history of Flame-of-Man. Now the cursory bits of speaking to a newcomer were out of the way, they could settle into ensuing conversation.

"Alejandra Vargas Medina, Suthar Anzuth, Foestalker to The People. I am also of The Seekers."

With the formality to her voice there is a sense of pride in her pack, and for good reason.

Finding the Tur had not been too difficult for the Irraka, and she had made sure to avoid straying too far into any of the territory boundaries as she saw them. Living in Los Angeles for so long had given In-sook a good sense of where to go and where to avoid. Even in the Hisil, she had come to understand the paths lit by Luna. Even this close to dawn when she was balanced as she was, declaring light on those who espouse Honour, In-sook stayed in the shadows created just before the morning came.

For In-sook, it was quite apt. She was an elderly woman in the eyes of the Herd but in the eyes of her peers, she was a pup. For some reason, that made the Irraka smile, although not externally. As ever, her face was a rigid mask of...nothing.

Reaching the park, In-sook caught the voices and then saw the first Urdaga of Sacramento since she had arrived, each one a potential ally or rival in the coming days and nights. With small steps, the Irraka made her way to join the group.

"Good morning," she said, the accent of her natural tongue impressing upon the English words. "May I join you? I have recently arrived to this city. Park In-sook is my herd name, Irraka of the Meninna."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.