Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Cahalith's Endim

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Skaald grunts in agreement as they find the doll. There really wasn't much more to say about it than what Digger had already said. After taking a moment in contemplation of the sad implications he nods to the other Cahalith. "Ready," is all he says before beginning the process of stepping sideways. It took a certain degree of thought and bearing to do so well, but Skaald had never had too much trouble with it, even in the middle of the day.

1 suxx to step sideways before mods
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-22 22:11:54 Skaald rolls 8 to step sideways (10 Again) 5, 6, 9, 3, 2, 2, 7, 5 1 success

I rolled the base pool before mods. I know we have a -2 penalty for daytime, but I didn't know what sort of bonus we might get from the locus to off-set that. In any case, I'm pretty confident Skaald makes it across.

R
    Ryan Deshane

2suxx before mods
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-24 21:11:22 Digger rolls 10 to Stepping sideways (10 Again) 6, 10, 8, 1, 4, 1, 4, 2, 6, 1, 1 2 successes

Digger nods and steps across the Gauntlet.

Kazakin , what do we find waiting for us, oh Master of Shadow?

K
    Kazakin

Sorry for the delay guys!

As Skaald and Digger step over from the scotched earth, they are immediately assailed by burning. The smell of smoke and the crackling of flames hit their senses almost before they've fully passed over. The fire clearly hasn't been extinguished here - unsurprising, given that even outside, the blaze's marks still stand.

Smoke fills the air. Their lungs immediately ache, even with Uratha metabolism on their side, and it's hard to see through the veil of flames that surrounds them. It's almost unbearably hot, and they can feel the hairs on their arms crinkling with the viciousness of it.

The trees around them are torches, scattering burning pine needles down onto them as they stand there. The ground beneath them is black with soot, all flammable material consumed.

Skaald and Digger need to roll Resolve + Stamina +2 to resist the effects of the smoke-filled atmosphere

Slowing coming through the Gauntlet to the other side Skaald's first breath is of smoke and char. And everything here is a spirit....I just inhaled a bunch of tiny smoke motes.....wonderful. Surpressing a fit of coughing he growls almost inaudibly in his human throat and then swells in size, gaining several inches in height and about 50 pounds in muscle and mass. Once the transformation to Dalu is complete he grunts.

"Should have anticipated that," he grumbles as he takes a look around at the burning landscape. "Well, we're definitely in the right place."

2 suxx to resist smoke
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-28 13:26:08 Skaald rolls 7 to Res + Stam + 2 (10 Again) 3, 6, 2, 5, 9, 7, 10, 4 2 successes

1 suxx to shift
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-28 13:26:21 Skaald rolls 6 to Stam + Survival + PU (10 Again) 3, 2, 8, 2, 6, 5 1 success

R
    Ryan Deshane

3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-29 16:01:18 Digger rolls 8 to Res+Stamina+2 (10 Again) 9, 1, 4, 8, 6, 4, 10, 2, 5 3 successes

"Well... thats fun." Digger says as he grabs the bandana hanging off his belt and wraps his around his face.

Digger looks around holding up a hand in front of his eyes to shield the heat a bit. His body immediately muscles up to the strong Dalu form.

4suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-29 16:04:57 Digger rolls 8 to (Hishu)3 + Survival2 + PU3 (10 Again) 1, 1, 4, 9, 10, 3, 8, 6, 8 4 successes

"Alright, I am gonna gess we gotta find the source of this shit in order to find the spirit we are looking for. Sound about right?" Digger looks to Skaald.

K
    Kazakin

While both Digger and Skaald feel the roughness of the smoke, they manage to breathe easily enough that it doesn't overcome their natural healing processes. Being in Dalu helps, but it's by no means pleasant amongst those blazing trees. They had better find the Spirit they're looking for as quickly as they can.

Skaald nods. "Sounds about right," he agrees while surveying the immediate area. Dalu form was definitely useful for dealing with things like smoke and fatigue, but it had another benefit the ritemaster had in mind when he chose to shift. While not as good for tracking as Urhan or even Urshal, it didn't block the nose up like Hishu did. Of course, getting a meaningful scent here was rather unlikely in the first place, what with the smoke and the fire.

Unless the thing we're tracking is smoke and fire. That seems at least plausible. Still, it helped and it couldn't hurt. While he took a couple careful breaths to scent the air he began looking about for any clues as to which direction to head next.

4 suxx on clue hunting before penalties
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-30 20:56:20 Jay Santos rolls 9 to Activate Industrial Shroud 2 (Stamina 2 + Crafts 2 + Shroud 2 + Keystone) (10 Again) 3, 4, 3, 4, 9, 2, 3, 2, 5 1 success

3 suxx on scent finding before penalties
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-30 20:56:59 Skaald rolls 6 to find a scent (Wits + Investigation + Dalu?) (10 Again) 8, 5, 8, 8, 4, 2 3 successes

I wasn't sure what if any bonus I'd get from Dalu, so for expedience sake I added the +2 perception bonus. If that's not there, then it's faster to take away than add here.

R
    Ryan Deshane

Digger simply stood behind Skaald, Keeping his head on a swivel to make sure none of these fire spirits decided to would be a good idea to get there burn on with the Two Crusaders.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.