Ended
Watch

Junkyard Adventures (Open)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    K
    Kazakin

"Not at all," Danny replied to Vincent, as the other Wizened seemed a little tense. He remembered all too well feeling like that himself. After all, without his favourite Contract keeping him level-headed, he would never have dared speak to Degnar in a place like this. All the shadows, the potential places for enemies to conceal themselves, the wrongness...

Of course, those things still existed, but he could regard them with reasonable and calm eyes that understood his position, and could judge his own capabilities. He was not incapable. He could defend himself if it became necessary.

"We just happened to run into each other. I suppose we must all be the sort of people to end up in junkyards,"
    the Smith added, and his light tone made it very clear that he didn't think that was a bad thing in the slightest.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar shook his head at Vincent's words, agreeing with Danny's response. "I was just scrounging around this place," he said giving a little shrug along with his words. "Sometimes you can find an interesting thing or two in junkyards." The Darkling didn't take offense at the Smith's words, quite possibly because the fact that hanging out at junkyards, or taking things from them seemed completely natural to him. The idea that doing such things was likely looked down upon by most of society was entirely lost to him, quite possibly because he just didn't understand people all that well...except for the homeless. He could relate to them in some manner, because the majority of them had lost everything they once had.

"Are you scrounging for things too?" asked Degnar, wondering what Vincent was up to that evening.

I
    Irina

Vincent was relieved that he wasn't interrupting something important. He just thought it was entirely logical to check, on account of the unusual location that they had run into each other in. He couldn't help but think that two men coming across each other in the dark, on a dump site looked very secret. His neck damn near twitched with the urge to turn around and scan the place, in case a fourth surprise visitor might appear but the Wizened managed to refrain.

Instead he just slipped his pad beneath his arm so that his hands would be free to slip into his pockets. His fingers traced the folds of his map and the man felt immediately reassured.

"I was ahh, I was actually just creating a map of the ahhh, the area." Vincent didn't think that sounded too odd. Quirky perhaps, but not too odd. He knew at least that Danny had spotted him poring over maps on a previous occasion.

Did that make me seem obsessive or not?

"Have either of you found anything of interest?

K
    Kazakin

"Ah, I was just out for a run," Danny replied, giving one of his lipless smiles that showed off his teeth. "I knew you had an interest, but I didn't know we had a cartographer among us." The Smith was curious about the process. He could feel the knowledge that he didn't have being held out...

He would have to read up on it. Better not to show his ignorance of the process in public...

If he had been obeying his story, of course, he would have known everything. That was the rule of the Smith, he was supposed to be the wise worker who would know all.

On the other hand.

"I'm sure it's interesting. However, I'm afraid I don't know much about the process."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar tilted his head slightly at his fellow Winter Courtier's words, wondering if the man could actually map out sections of the Hedge. Hmmm, unlikely...but I may need to ask at some point, he mused to himself, choosing to keep the matter to himself for the time being. "Well, I only made it here a few minutes ago," said the Tunnelgrub in response to Vincent's question, giving a little shrug. "Haven't found anything just yet."

The Archer paused for a moment as an idea crossed his mind. "You wouldn't happen to have a treasure map, would you?" he asked of the Gameplayer, figuring it was worth a shot. If the guy had a thing for maps, maybe he kept a collection of them or something.

I
    Irina

"Well it was once just a passing interest, but more recently it's ahh, it's become-,"

An obsession.

"A hobby, I-I suppose you could say. And it's never a bad thing, knowing where one is." The pad was too big to put inside the pocket of his duffel coat, so he contented himself with slipping it beneath an arm and hooking his thumbs into the mouth of the pockets.

At Degnar's question though, Vincent shook his head. It did remind his fleetingly of his boyhood though; of making treasure maps and following the trail with a friend or too. Usually the horde was an item of candy or, if he was lucky, a coin or two to save for later. "Hm, I ahh, I'm afraid not. I mean, not ahh that I'm aware of."

Oh dear, should I have one? I wonder if I could find one...?"

K
    Kazakin

Danny considered this. He had recently read Treasure Island and there was something rather romantic about the idea of a treasure map that might lead them to a horde hidden once upon a time. Of course, any sensible pirate would have spent his treasure and enjoyed it, but still.

What use was any treasure if one never used it? It was somewhat akin to magic in that sense. The Wyrd should be used. How else might they face their fears, if not by wielding the very tools that had warped them? In fear, one could overcome it. It was so clean.

"Ah, such a shame. It would be entertaining to seek out adventure,"
    the Paladin said, his voice light with the joke. "Still, not all treasures are gold and silver. There might be some lingering even here."

I
    Irina

"Well, one mans trash is another mans treasure, after all," Vincent recited, as he peered around at the junkyard. It was his very first junkyard, but he could also think of worse places to go to. And perhaps Danny was right, and there would be something of value in this place.

"As to a treasure ahh, a treasure map, well I'm sure such a trinket exists. Where it would ahh, lead is something else entirely."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread