Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Perusing

THREADID
    A
    AethrDav

This evening saw the neonate Incubus in the Library, elbow deep in a collection of generally available texts, taking notes and sketching his ideas for how to track down ley lines, depending on how complete previous charts were, and how he intended to study various kinds of nests, as they're identified. The lights were bright, and the illumination streamed out of the door into the hall, easily marking Drake's presence. Despite his focus on his work, he actually hoped for someone stop by. He had been craving the interaction with peers of late, and he was curious to see what projects the other Dragon's might be working on.

He had dressed comfortable tonight, not planning on being in the scrutinizing eye of Kindred 'public,' so much as the social-intellectual atmosphere of the Chapter House. Rather, Drake hoped to begin building his case to be allowed to assist with the mapping of Wyrm's Nests when he got the chance to meet with the Grand Wyrm.

And so here the young Dragon stood, leaning over the table with a contour map of Sacramento, a notebook containing various geomantic calculations nearby, and anyone walking by might hear a murmured comment here, or the stritch of pencil there.
    Bigpaw

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Her recent field studies had been a success, and Aïleen felt like she was now close to experimenting her first Chrysalis. Close, but not ready. In order to further her preparation, the young Shadow had come to the Chapterhouse to further her theoretical understanding of the process, of what she could expect, what she should be wary of.

When she entered the library, another Dragon was already here, which was hardly a surprise. It was an unfamiliar face, if one she had seen already a few times. Supplicant Drummond. It would be downright rude to ignore the man, so the shy Mekhet had no choice but to acknowledge him, and all the more so since he seemed to be taking a break from his studies. A map ?

"Good evening, Supplicant Drummond." she offered in a whisper, nodding to her superior in the Ordo ranking.

A
    AethrDav

That was one thing with Mehkets...when you began expecting to feel the Beasts of your fellow Kindred, a Shadow came along, as silently as their namesake.

Drake gave a bit of a start, hoping he hadn't been mumbling too loudly. The small, meek Slave hadn't quite startled him, so much as broke in on a string of thought. Likely for the best, as he felt he had started going round and round, making no forward progress. A break would be good. He had been looking to socialize a bit, in any case, and he'd be able to come back to this fresh.

"Aileen, right?" he asked, trying to exercise manners that felt a little rusty. "It's nice to see another Kindred face. How are your studies going?" A bit unsure how formal to be, he left it at her first name, and decided he'd see what her reaction was. He could be firm but polite, if it felt like that would better serve, but he was willing to try anything on for size.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

"That's correct indeed, Aïleen McFarlane." she offered as a reply. She wasn't sure if it was nice to see another Kindred face, but at least she could do it in relative safety in the Chapterhouse. She had met all the Dragons at least once, after all.

True to what Dragons were, studious Kindred, the very first question the Daeva asked was about her studies. It was fine actually, she had come for that purpose. "I think they are doing well, thank you, Drake ?" Her tone inquired about her leave to use his first name. "I'm trying to learn to Chastise the Beast..."

A
    AethrDav

Interesting, one would've expected, perhaps, the Coil of Banes for a Mekhet, he thought to himself. Deciding that he'd leave this relatively casual, he said nothing about the familiar usage, and continued along.

"Very interesting, I am curious about what Methodology you follow?" He, himself, has been trying to decide whether to follow the same path he'd followed through his first, or experiment with a new method in developing his next Coil. "How are you preparing yourself for your Chrysalis?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Even though Aïleen wasn't familiar with the many forms studies could take, she knew at least how her own was classified. "Theosophy and Pseudo-psychology. I'm using my mind as the doorway to my body and soul. It entails meditation, sensory deprivation, self-hypnosis, among others." She didn't feel like mentioning her own private experiment with the Grand Wyrm. While it had been conclusive, she still thought it was something best left personal. "As for the Chrysalis, well... that's what I came here for." and she showed a pile of books in her bag.

"You are a Dedicated Supplicant of the Void, correct ?" Of course it was, and they both knew it. "Would you mind sharing with me what your Chrysalis was like, please ?"

A
    AethrDav

"I am, technically Dedicated of the Void, but as a Supplicant it can seem...grandiose to claim the Decoration. Never the less, in official titles I use it. As far as the Coil of the Soul, though, I have attained the Coil referred to as Enliven the Face. I, utilized psychology, some sociology, and also a bit of pseudo-psychology to prepare." It all seemed a little bit surreal, as of now, given the fact that Dr. Redfill wasn't around any longer. He was actually in a place where he was having to do some soul searching for the direction of his next study.

"Given the nature of the Coil, and how I prepared for it, my Chrysalis was akin to the house-breaking my Beast. No longer needing to breathe, or blush or sweat or blink, can lead to a disconnect between our body language and our interactions with kine. The Predator shines through. The Coil of the Soul was re-teaching the Beast how to interact with kine. A forced evolution that balanced a subtle but dangerous Predator that can more easily blend in amongst the herd, and the Man who builds the relationships that can lift up a Requiem."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Having never been particularly social in the first place, Aïleen had never felt a need to amend her relationship with kine. She remembered vividly her feeding on Ms Fawler though, and the struggle lost to Sobek. The Predator indeed could be savage and vicious, and needed to be harnessed and tamed. For different goals, they were learning things that seemed close enough, at least on the principles.

"I see... I see..." she said, listening to the description offered by Drake, relating to it. "While I'm using tools that seem close, I'm trying instead to learn how to subdue the Beast when it tries to overcome the Man. But to strengthen the Man, you need to see it clearly first." In her mind, she was an Ocean, waters. And the Beast was the Predator lurking beneath the surface, never far. What she was trying to do was akin to mastering streams in her thoughts, in her conscious processes, to prevent the Beast from having its way to the surface.

Drake gets a phone call and leaves.

It's been over a week since there was any activity -- End Scene.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.