Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
Ventrue Meeting: The Asylum

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 9 of 11 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison was quick with a reassuring smile. She did not want Asa to think she wanted to be "alone" with him or anything. She'd heard rumors about Miss Naetesh's temper.

"Oh, it would not be an intrusion at all, Miss Stamford, I would welcome your opinion and insight on the matter."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Very well, come along, then," Asa said, and led both women to the room Cozette had set aside at his earlier request. While it was obviously meant for private play, one half of the room was lavishly furnished, complete with couches and divans, as well as a large leather ottoman/coffee table, complete with binding rings. The other half consisted of various devices and apparatus, with tools of the trade on a shelved wall. One of the more disconcerting features was the smooth slope of the concrete portion of the floor, with a drain grill set into the center. It was, quite simply, a room to watch and perhaps participate. It was also private, as the Paladin had requested.

Asa sat on one of the couches, and waited for the blonde to speak, as he also watched Victoria, curious to see where she felt her place was -- both in the room, and in the discussion.

Three Ventrue walk into a soundproofed room with locks... sounds like the start of a a fine joke.

Except, the thought of locks sobered him. There was nothing humorous about the memory of a sheared lock bolt, or the jagged gashes that shredded a door handle.

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria closely followed alongside Asa and Madison as they made their way across the club to the back. As she entered the private room she glanced around with an appreciative nod at the contents of the room. The club really knew what it was doing, and she would be hard pressed not to find any tools that she may require.

I really need to come back here and play when I have time on my hands. At least until I can get my own place set up in town.

Finished and satisfied with her quick appraisal of the room she noticed that the Prince had already chosen his seat. She eyed the far end of the couch that Asa was seated on and then glanced quickly to Madison. She couldn't very well sit on the same piece of furniture that the Prince was on, because in front of Madison it would be far to presumptuous. Instead Victoria made her way to the couch closest to the Prince's right hand and sat down. In this she laid claim to an important position, remaining close to the man of authority, but separated as propriety dictated she be in mixed company.

Once seated she eyed Madison, and took her in for the first time. The way the woman carried herself certainly spoke of her position as Paladin. Then Victoria noticed the woman's smooth skin and appealing form. She found herself imagining how wonderful it would be to secure Madison to one of the tables and go to work. Putting such thoughts from her mind, for now, Victoria leaned back in her seat, crossed her legs, and rested her hands in her lap waiting for the meeting to begin.

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison entered the room, waiting for the other two kindred to take their seats, seeming not to notice the varius toys laid out on shelves and tables. Once the Prince and Victoria seemed to be comfortable, she began to speak. She did not take a seat, as she was speaking and felt her position more appropriate standing. She also did not seem to take much notice of where they sat. It wasn't that Madison had no political training or did not know what the actions might mean or said about the two individuals, it was that she simply didn't care. Her place was and had always been that of a servent to others. Whether this service was in the capacity as a guardian of someone's body, or on her knees praying to God, she still did her duty to serve. This situation was no different.

"As I stated earlier, I believe I may understand your frustration with our clan." She began to walk around the room, casually picking up the varius toys as she spoke, looking at them carefully, and then putting them down. She held each utensil properly, as if she knew what it was used for. "I do not think it is merely the fact that you are our Prince and are used to being in the political limelight. Nor do I feel it is a fact of the Ventrue being lack luster with politics, or themselves in general." She stops and looks at Asa. "You are an Elder and therefore you understand the Requiem better then most. You have the experience of ages under your belt and you know how your actions directly affect the society around you. You know what doing nothing costs us, as much as you know what making stupid mistakes costs us."

She resumes her slow, measured walk. "I think most of our family is lacking in this experience. I think they are mostly young vampires who have not taken the time to consider what they are capabale of. I think they are still stuck in the phase of wonder with their condition and the eternity it brings. They are impatient and sloppy. Some of them are tediously boring, choosing to pursue useless endeavors for nothing more then their own personal pleasure and they do not realize that their Requiem offers so much more then that." In this last statement, she thinks of Michael and his infatuation with Mariel and how useless such an endeavor was. She had seen kindred relationships that existed because of political gain and love, but never something as insignificant as lust. Such a relationship was derived from a mortal's mindset and was therefore beneath them.

"I have heard you are a patient and understanding man, Prince Clarke, but even one such as yourself has a limit to his kindness. I see you becoming frustrated with the lack of results our family here continues to produce. I would like the time and opportunity to work with them on a close and semi-individual level to teach them what it is to truly be kindred and a Lord." As she finishes speaking, she stops moving and gives the Prince her full attanetion.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"What you have said is partially true," Asa confirmed. "I do not understand this aimlessness of the younger generation, but it may also relate to the other half of the equation. That being that Sacramento is unique in the fact that it's ancillae and elder population has been mostly destroyed, as I'm sure you've both either heard by rumor or surmised by now."

Asa looked at Victoria to see if she were listening, and to include her in the conversation before turning back to Madison. "Take Michael, for instance. If he were in, say, New York, or even LA, he'd be a thrice-bound Childe's bauble by now, presented as a gift or trophy to a Sire. Mairsil , probably a fall man for some plot. Without this... Darwinism... they will not learn to be careful, and possibly age to make far more significant mistakes." It was cold, but true. In a society of predators...

"The other half of the coin is that there are opportunities the likes of which they will never see again. To let them slip by, to have the Lords of Sacramento watch on the sidelines..." he frowned.

"Your concern and selflessness is commendable, and of course it would please me if you did this. What of Mr. Hartman?" he asked, curious to know if Madison planned to work with the Whip, or without him, or wanted to replace him.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison refrains from shrugging in response to the Prince's question. "I do not know him well enough to determine if he asked for the position for personal political gain, or if he plans to actually do something with it. The best method of teaching, in my opinion, is to show the student that you have faith in them to learn. I feel that if I were to replace him, I would be doing him a great dis-service. So, I would recommend leaving him as Whip and seeing what he does with it. If he does nothing, then I will find someone more suitable for the position. I also will find out if he even knows what he is supposed to be doing as Whip."

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

There was a lot of information for Victoria to take in and she took some time to mull things over. She listened attentively to the conversation and was able to follow it for the most part. She may still have questions concerning the particulars, but that was unimportant. Victoria laced her fingers together and gave a serious glance to Madison and Asa showing that she was about to present something important.

“Prince Clarke, I would like to present a possible solution for scrutiny. I believe Miss Well’s idea does hold promise, but it is futile to waste effort training an incompetent individual and to expect excellent results. So I believe a compromise can be reached that can benefit everyone involved. Judging from what I have heard here you have a bunch of children pretending to be adults. So I propose you treat them accordingly. Perhaps the best solution is to treat them as Childer again, remove all rights and privileges and because of a lack of Ancillae and Elders they must go through the Whip for all official business with any City Official. After all children are not capable of looking after themselves. Bear in mind these are just suggestions to what may be included, you may include such measures as to remove hunting rights or even require them to haven together. You may call it something completely humiliating like ‘The Nursery’ if you so desire,” She paused for a moment to let her shocking and perhaps unexpected ideas to sink in.

“Now, while I admit my idea is extreme I see it as having three major benefits. First it serves as a holding tank and we can closely watch individuals to look for promising candidates. These individuals can then be plucked and placed into a ‘finishing school’ of sorts, of which we can thank Miss Well’s for the suggestion. This leaves you with the wheat and not the chaff for training. Those who never advance beyond this stage, the clan has no need of them, and can be dealt with accordingly. Secondly it tests the Whip candidates in a profound way. You will either quickly gain an experienced official or you will see them unable to perform their role. Thirdly it can serve as a wake up call and a reason to shoot for a position of leadership and prove themselves. Humiliation and loss of status can be a powerful motivator.”

“I realize many of these suggestions may not be plausible or desirable, which is why I lay this out on the table to analysis and subject it to scrutiny. I would of course be more than happy to assist Miss Wells in her role, or wherever you see fit to place me Prince Clarke.”

Victoria realized that she was taking a great risk here and there was no telling how the Prince would accept her bold plan.

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison looks sharply at Victoria, taking in the woman's ideas. She is pleased to see that her first assumption was correct in that the woman actually has a brain that works. It was also obvious to Madison that Miss Stamford m,ust be Invictus for the ideas that she proposed was very much like the training Invictus canidates go through before they are made full members of the covenent.

"I believe Miss Stamford's idea may have some merit, Prince Clarke. I would even be willing to provide the communal Haven for this little exercise in discipline should you decide to let us follow through with it."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa listened to Victoria, resisting the urge to laugh out loud.

Oh, yes, Lioni would have liked this one.

It was daring, and excessive. He wasn't sure if she realized how potentially humiliating it would be for the clan as a whole, but it might also be viewed with approval. After two Daeva Bloodhunts, they could afford the bad press. He also liked that Madison endorsed the concept, and would make enforcing it much easier.

"You didn't tell me you were an Au Pair," Asa said to Victoria with an amused smile. He leaned forward and gave the woman an intense look, but probably not the sort she was accustomed to. "It occurs to me that it is difficult for our Lordlings to deal with me because of the other position I hold. It's also important that one be accountable and given due credit for their ideas and policies."

Asa looked at both women, settling back comfortably. "Which of you is a Lord of Lords? If I recuse myself, which one of you is worthy of being Priscus?"

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria returned Asa’s smile at the Au Pair comment, but the rest of what he said caught her completely off guard. She was able to hide her surprise rather well all things considering.

This too maybe a test. It's true that he only implied the position may become available and never actually said he was stepping down. I also just met the man and had no clue what sort of answer for which he was looking. However, this chance is too much to pass up, especially considering the state of the family. With the exclusion of Miss Wells and that other gentleman no one even cared enough to find out why the Prince was upset and what to do about it. The lovely Miss Wells appears quite capable and more knowledge of the current city affairs than me. What path would Miss Wells choose? Would she also throw her hat into the ring? Would she ever consider backing me?
    Fuck it, I’ll bite…I have to.

Victoria smiled gently and her voice cool and collected she finally spoke, “Prince Clarke, were such an event to occur, while you would leave considerably large shoes to fill, I would be willing to serve you in the regard. I am confident that I could be brought quickly up to speed on the local situation and would be of great service to you in this capacity, especially with capable hands lending support.” Victoria glanced to Miss Wells for a brief moment before returning her gaze to Asa. It was plain that that last bit had been addressed as much to Madison as Asa.

Page 9 of 11 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
Closed Thread