Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 26
DISPLAYED
(BAB) Poking the hornets' nest

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

"Taint? Well if tain't what you're looking for, tain't nuthin' I can do about it," said the ghost, snickering again as he takes another long draw on his cig. "A Clyde is, ya know, a Square, a Cube, a Fream, take your pic, Daddy-o. And ya know, con-dol-en-ces on your recent loss or whateva'. All I can tell you is this guy was blonde, and they looked like they were talking to him. So unless you know any yutzes who talk to dead folks, I'd say he was still breathin."
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

PRE

'Yutzes who talk to dead folks.' Gallows supposed that, technically, that was him. With a sigh--both at the situation in general, and the ghost's pun, he nodded to the ghost. "Thank you for your help," he said. "Is there anything I can do for you while I'm here? Any unresolved business you might have?"

"Now that you mention it..." said the Ghost, appearing to think hard. "I'm about to blow off some clowns in a drag. But my engine's been acting funny when I try to goose it. If you think you could, maybe you can get it hopped up real quick like."

The Ghost gestures a few feet behind him where an ephemeral 1955 Chrysler 300 sat that began to materialize like a rolling cloud of smoke. "They're going to be talking about this race for decades." He seemed rather proud of the fact and flicked his worn out cig away, the thing dissolving into thin air.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Annoyance floods through the Thyrsus. Spirits could be just as single-minded about their nature, he supposed, but ... a race. That was what mattered to this shade. Not the deaths. Not the taint spreading through the Ley Lines, not the fact that this bridge might rip a hole straight to the Abyss. Spirits could be just as single-minded, he supposed, but ... a car.

A sidelong glance to Gallows, some of his impatience leaking through. "If one of ours wanted in, perhaps there's something worth seeing there?" Hopefully more to see than this clown.

5. Likes Key liked this post

PRE

Gallows looked at the car and grimaced. He didn't really know much about cars, and didn't know enough Matter magic to cheat.

"I'm sorry," he said regretfully, "But I don't know how much I can do for you there. If that changes, though, I'll be sure to come back and give you a hand. Thanks again for the help," he said with a nod.

Turning back to Animus, he shrugged. "Might be worth a look, but I'm assuming whatever it was is long gone. Its position was compromised. We can check if you like, though--then I suggest we get out of here. This place gives me the creeps."

The Ghost shrugs, "Yeah well, thanks for nothin'," he says before sticking his hands back into his pockets and sort of meandering away back to his ephemeral car.

You two are free to start a new thread if you wish.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread