Ended
Watch

Lounge Dragons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The prospect of another courtly event wasn't one Aïleen particularly relished. She knew attendance wasn't mandatory on that one, but she intended to pay lip service to presence, at least. Perhaps she would have to check with Supplicant Villiers what exactly would be acceptable, and what wouldn't. In the meantime, perhaps she could be of assistance to the Grand Wyrm, though.

You are to take part in that Tournament of Wits, if I recall correctly, Grand Wyrm ? Do you need assistance in preparing for it ? she asked weakly. She wouldn't be able to be eloquent, but she could be accurate and sharp-minded, so perhaps those skills could be of use. A sparring partner of sorts, perhaps ?

B
    Beej

Teodor nodded his head. It would have been interesting to see a seasonal courtly event. So many little things to compare and analyze.

At the mention of the competition, the monk nods in agreement with Aileen's offer. "Indeed Grand Wyrm. I would offer to help you in any way I can as well. It is...very Invictus event." it is difficult to gage how exactly he feels about it being very Invictus the way he delivers it and his accent.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max is glad to hear his fellow Dragons offer their help. It spoke well of the ability of their Covenant to work together and overcome the natural distrust Kindred felt towards one another. Still, he felt is was something best done himself; after all, he would be alone on stage when the time came...*

Thank you, both of you, for your offers. But I think I am as prepared as I can be. I don't know how well I'll do when the time comes, but I can only hope for the best for myself and our covenant. It is my hope that, should I win, it will make a fine gift for the Ordo Dracul.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It was no surprise for Aïleen that the Grand Wyrm would turn down her offer, so she accepted it graciously. I understand. I'll be at the Court to cheer and support you, Grand Wyrm. It was the least she could do, after all.

B
    Beej

A hunting ground would be a tremondous boon for the Ordo and generous gift from the Grand Wyrm. He was a little disappointed there was not something he could offer the Grand Wyrm in regards to the competition besides prayers and well wishes. Or is there? "Ehm..perhaps I could offer little knowledge of one of your fellow debaters Grand Wyrm?" he said cautiously, not wanting to sound like he was steaming rolling over the Grand Wyrm's polite decline. "Mr. Passions? I had the chance opportunity to meet with him. I believe he is an Invictus or Carthian, it was little unclear as we were in public. However after a fashion it he made clear he was lawyer of kindred and kine laws. So I would imagine he has experience with formal debating." It was not a very enlightening piece of knowledge but knowing the man was a lawyer could at least fall under the category of 'know your enemy.'

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max smiles at Aileen's words, glad to see his Cousin understood his wish for privacy.* Thank you, Ms McFarlane.

*However, Teodor's words interest Max greatly.* Does he? Well, it will be interesting to see how that experience displays itself. If he tends more towards the Kine's way of judicial process, that might be an advantage for me... *The last thing Max wanted to deal with was an undead lawyer...*

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The female Mekhet remembered briefly being introduced to M.Passions during the Safari, but not much more. Her mood hadn't been to talk at that time. So he was a lawyer, then. She wondered if it bode well, or not, and shrugged. It would depend on the content of the debate, of course.

The wording of the Grand Wyrm - the Kine's way of judicial process - seemed to indicate there was a Kindred one too, and she made a quick note to check someday. Had the First Estate gone so far as to promulgate a whole set of Laws beyond the Traditions in this Domain ?

B
    Beej

"He spoke about expediting business related matters and some sort of service of helping people correct their mistakes. It sounded like the latter had to do with Kindred social affairs? I am sorry I was not able to learn more about him Grand Wyrm." Teodor wished he had unlocked Spoiling by now so he could tip the scales at the debate but that probably would have been too dangerous anyway.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max thinks over Teodor's words, finally nodding his head slowly.* I see... Then it remains to be seen just how much Mr Passions understands the working of Kindred society, and how it differs from the mortal's. But that is a useful bit of knowledge you've provided me, Brother Raluca; at this point any information might be useful.

If nothing else, it will be interesting to see how the debate turns out. There is a lot of new blood vying for the position. Though I think my greatest competition is going to be our Priscus...

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The Priscus... Chris Woodings. Aïleen's only real talk with the man had been amicable enough, and even though she hoped the Grand Wyrm would prevail, she thought she might work with the Hierophant. Indeed, all the others were relative newcomers, so they shouldn't garner as much support as the pillars of the Domain.

She wanted to be useful, though, and offered shyly Would you like for us to... try and get information on the others, Grand Wyrm ? She was a Shadow as the two other men, after all, and they had... ways...

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.