Ended
Watch

Getting the Elements Ordered

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Once again Martha's smile and expression showed how genuinely impressed she was. "Sobek! Oh!" she added. "Most impressive, Miss!" Martha blinked and looked at Aileen's knees as she gave this some thought and adjusted her spectacles accordingly.

"Transforming through a Chrysalis can be daunting...not to say dangerous. But certainly rewarding! Your welfare is a concern of mine, Miss. I a shall stand ready to help you with yours if you need me, Miss. Having some one on hand can certainly help if difficulties arise!" she smiled cheerily, as if to reassure and show solidarity of purpose. "Fascinating! Fascinating!"

Martha smiled again to Aileen and made to stand up. Trying to stand gracefully was clearly something Martha had to prepare for and it wasn't a smooth activity.

Once she was stood, Martha smiled meekly to Aileen and mentioned;

"I have copies of some books I wish to present as a gift to you, Miss. Perhaps they will help with your study of the Great Work. I have found them useful and informative. Without these books to help supply information and act to marshal my early thoughts, I might well have fussed and dallied more and more like Newton on the beach than I already do!" she giggled merrily.

Without her cane to help, Martha limped over to small stack of books piled neatly on a nearby desk. Gathering them up she hobbled back to Aileen and, with a gentle smile, carefully offered the books.

If Aileen accepts them she will find a copy of the following:-

"Future Shock" by Alvin Toffler
    "The White Goddess" by Robert Graves
    "The Sleepwalkers" by Arthur Koestler
    "Chaos" by James Gleick
    "3,000 Years of Deception in art and antiques" by Frank Arnau
    "Irony and Crisis: a critical history of Postmodern culture" by Stuart Sim
    "Religion and the Decline of Magic" by Keith Thomas
    "Primitive Mythology" by Joseph Campbell

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen didn't think she had done anything impressive yet, and shook her head in denegation when the Supplicant praised her. The offer to help with the Chrysalis was very much reassuring though, as Ashek had said it would be one of the most dangerous time of her Requiem, and she whispered Thank you, Supplicant, I feel better knowing that.. When Martha stood and walked penibly to the shelf, she refrained from helping her, for fear it could be misconstrued as pity, but readily held the pile of books as soon as possible instead.

Perusing them quickly, it was clear they were a very diverse bunch of books, and it would keep her busy for a while to read, let alone understand them. Well, she had Eternity, had she not ? I will start with them at the earliest, and keep you posted, of course. Though as I have told you, I intend to master my mind before taking the first step on that path. Aileen was genuinely grateful, but also somewhat surprised that her first homework would be to read books. But she should have seen it coming, they were a scholarly Order, after all.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nodded happily. "Splendid!" she chirped merrily and sat back at the piano near Aileen. "I am very happy to discuss the books and the meaning and implications of their contents when the need arises!" she smiles and rubs at her false knee again.

Another smile and Martha gets ready to play something at the piano. Glancing to Aileen she adds, "May I sing you a song? It's called 'Dmitri Mendeleev'...a song, as you may guess, about the inventor of the Periodic Table of Elements. As he was inspired in the arrangement of the periodic rows and groups after waking from a dream and card game, I perceive that this song speaks to us of the essential unity in the mystical and scientific mission of the Ordo Dracul..." and with a shy smile, she begins to play.

Her soft voice lacks the aggressive delivery of the original and she modifies one bit of profanity. Though the meaning and essence are not diminished; nor is the energy of her own playing.

[[the melody - http://youtu.be/Bmr5vzRgX3o ]]

"I dreamed up the maps.
    Give me charcoal and the paper now.
    We invent paths they cannot see,
    and they're too scared to walk.
    Between my hands rests 52 plain old playing cards,
    and I trapped God somewhere between
    the Trump and the King of Hearts.

Joni Mitchell said; "we are stardust,
    we are golden", we are all the same.
    Blood paints the story of our love,
    across the bathroom floor towards the drain.

Funny how everything just piles up, till one day,
    you can't believe how far you came.
    I'm made of mountains, made of metal,
    made of whiskey and waves!
    You won't believe your own breath,
    when the bold words finally escape your mouth.
    Keep your secrets hidden,
    till we're certain of just what we've found.
    Yeah, they bleed just like us,
    but our calling is what shapes us now.

Won't be held back, won't be tied up,
    won't be pinned down,
    won't be held back, won't be tied up,
    won't be pinned down,
    won't be held back, won't be tied up,
    won't be pinned down,

Won't be held back, won't be tied up,
    won't be pinned down - not now!

I dreamed up the maps,
    give me charcoal and the paper now.
    and they're to scared walk.
    the Trump and the King of Hearts.

It came to me, as strange as it seems,
    From a simple deck of cards laid Ace to Kings.
    With my fingernail slipped under King Charlemagne,
    I flipped the edge and traced the Queen,
    and watched it fall like a breaking wave.
    The Ace of Spades was last to splash.
    Trump to suicide kings, all turned bicycle back.
    I stared at the pattern, a pair of Seraphim flashed,
    And it just fit, elegant, "Aww, heck! That's that!"
    It's strange how you can waste away, pained with one thing,
    The watchmaker breaks sweat, he can't tame a dumb spring.
    Then one day it's as plain as the nose above your smug grin,
    like, "look what the cat dragged in!"
    Woke from a dream. Hands heavy in cold sweat.
    Jumped from the bed, snatched up charcoal quick.
    Sketching frantically upon the bedroom brick.
    It came together and it fit like this:
    "Give me a lever and a place to stand, I'll move the world."
    You think you're clever, but you never seen how it really works.

really works, really works, really works, really works, really works - oh no...

I dreamed up the maps.
    Give me charcoal and the paper now.
    and they're too scared to walk.
    the Trump and the King of Hearts."

She allows the last chord to sustain into silence and remains quiet herself.

Hoping that her efforts to help have perhaps inspired Aileen in someway.

[The actual version by 'Astronautalis' - http://youtu.be/JX1WdNp0Kco ]
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Having mastered the arts of Memory, Aileen listened intently to the lyrics, wondering what hidden meanings she could find within later on. Mendeleev... there were so many things she still had to learn and study, if she hoped to pierce the mysteries of her kind someday. Would the cards yield another clue to it ? would singing, or playing music do ? Enraptured by the music, the song, her thoughts, it took Aileen some time to realize she was surrounded by silence, and she started.

Without a word, she turned to the Supplicant, and nodded once, rather deeply, in thanks and respect.

You've given me lots to do, and even more to think, Supplicant.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and nods, "That is, I hope, a good thing, Miss! I am always happy to help with your studies." another happy nod. Knowing how timid Aileen can be, Martha resisted her instinct to press on with more talk and enthusiasms of learning and, instead, let Aileen have time to think and talk as she saw fit.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It wasn't that long since Aïleen had started talking with Supplicant Villiers, but already she thought she had been given much. She knew what she had to do next, even if it was more easily said than done. Study, work, learn. Have faith.

Supplicant Villiers, would you think me too bold if I requested we meet again in three months time, to review the state of my studies at that point, please ? If all goes well, I may be close to trying a Chrysalis, and I wouldn't want to do that without your counsel...

The Mekhet wondered if she was doing the right thing, taking tutelage from another Dragon she didn't knew that much. But if she wanted to change things , she might as well start with herself. She felt like starting to work at once, and there was thankfully a meditation room in the Chapterhouse. She would soon be able to indulge her need to soothe her mind.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding and smiling, Martha seemed pleased at the chance to help. "Of course, Miss!" she chirped. "I should be glad to help!" Another sincere and reassuring smile is offered to Aileen.

Once more Martha fell quiet and watchful. Allowing Aileen the chance to speak or think as she saw fit.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Without anything else to ask of her superior, it was time for Aïleen to return the favor, as was wont to be. Hopefully, this social dance would soon be over, she was getting less and less defiant, and the actual feeling of a friendly talk was new enough to her that she feared it was but an illusion.

Supplicant Villiers, please tell me now how I could repay you for the kindness you're showing me ? did she ask with a smile she tried to make as open as possible.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Repay me?" Martha seems genuinely puzzled. "I have no thought of repayment in any traditional sense of transaction! You must have dallied with some unscrupulous Kindred, Miss!" she giggles merrily, "Why on Earth should I need repayment, Miss? Golly! Isn't helping one another the very purpose of the Chapter House?" she smiles, her question mostly rhetorical and playful in tone. "No...you may set your mind at rest on that matter. I require no payment, Miss...save that of seeing you advance in your studies and enjoying your friendship and companionship so we may converse on matters of interest and advancements!" she smiles warmly and sincerely...seemingly slightly bashful at the offer of friendship...Martha cannot help but look to Aileen's alluring eyes and sneak a glance to Aileen's knees. The glance is brief and soon she fixes her excited and sincere attentions back to Aileen's eyes.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It was Aileen's turn to seem puzzled at the seemingly free help she was receiving. She had been raised with the idea that you had to deserve what you got, though, and she promised to find a way to be helpful to the woman somehow, someday. She glanced quickly at the woman's leg, and wished she could find a way to restore her. If Change was possible, it had to mean Healing was too, after all...

Then I am all the more grateful, and I shall not forget it soon. Consider me available to converse on matters of interest and advancements any time of the night.

She then tilted her head, and added with a smile Also, it is my pleasure to invite you to my health center any time. Free massage any time.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread