Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Well, all entertainment is a form of escape. That's why most forms of entertainment aren't depressing. Who wants to spend good money to feel worse than when they started?

*Max takes a moment to think over Ariana's question before answering.* They downplayed the social criticism and played up the "Let's blow things up" aspect. It missed a lot of finer points of the comic. But you are correct, most adaptations skip over a good portion of the source material. For movies based on comic books, it's simply impossible to fit years of story lines and back story into a few hours.

Though, they usually throw in little nods to fan favorites; little "Easter Eggs" to keep the rabid fans happy.

*He then looks to Chase, nodding his head to his fellow Dragon as he gets ready to depart.* Have a good evening, Mr Ankers. I'll see you at the library.

*He then turns to Velma, listening as she expounded on her answer, taking a moment to think over his answer for a moment.* Well, I suppose it's all an extension of the human need to create. Anything new is simply a reimagined version of what came before. The basic human urges haven't changed over the millenia, merely the settings and trappings of their desires...

A
    Ariana Donovan

Nodding to Chase as he left, Ariana also realized it was perhaps time to depart.

Listening to Max and Velma, there were many points she could agree with. “Quite right. Acquired taste is like key lime pie, or so I have heard from a movie.” Ariana grinned. It was perhaps a movie that one may not have guessed she watched, however, it was very popular in its time.

“And perhaps that is a good assessment of ourselves. Much like choosing a costume at times.” The Lordess chuckled as the full circle had come to pass. Gesturing toward Max with an agreeable expression as well.

Glancing at the watch she received from Asa some time ago, she looked to the Mekhet and Velma and smiled. “I am afraid I too must depart this evening. I have a few items to address before the paper's morning deadline.” There was a double truth to her words, she was an editor after all and that was known. But there was that pesky deadline of the sun as well.

“I hope you both have a good evening. It was a pleasure to converse with you and especially the topic.” Nodding again to them both she thus departed unless stopped for any reason.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Anything new is simply a reimagined version of what came before.

The words stroke Velma slightly unprepared.

Was the Mekhet right? Was all human creativity and artistic spirit simply a reinvention of former versions?

Maybe the Daeva was searching for something that didn’t existed all along. A small drop of doubt fell into her sea of conviction, maybe Velma was better searching for something else, maybe what she was searching for could no longer be found and she was destined to just reinvent herself in the same manner again... like some proxy version of the real deal.

The songstress pushed those thoughts away for the moment and offered her farewell to the Seneschal.

“Have a good night Miss Donovan.”

She took her glass of champagne again and sipped one last drop while she turned to Max,her blue eyes looking to him just slightly above the glass.

“Will you stay for the fireworks Mr. Heinz?”
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max bows his head to Ariana as she excuses herself.* Always a pleasure, Ms Donovan. I hope you have a pleasant evening. And good luck with your future writings... *There was an honesty in his tone, that he found real enjoyment in conversing with the Seneschal.

The thin Mekhet then turns back to the only Kindred left on the boat, the beautiful Ms Star. He raises a curious eyebrow at her question, his smile perking up in bemused interest.* I wasn't aware there were going to be fireworks this evening, Ms Star. Are you sure that would be wise, given the... reactions, such things can provoke?

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma chuckles lightly at Max’s observation.

He clearly had taken her words to literally.

She gently covers her mouth while keeping a polite smile towards the kind Mekhet.

“Ah, well Mr. Heinz, maybe I sounded too literal. I was asking you if you were going to stay until the end.” She explains.

“The real fireworks will have to stay for another time.” The Daeva chances while gently turning her head to the side. Her voice showed some disappointment at having to postpone her plans.

“I will have to be going as well Mr. Heinz.” The Daeva said, as if longing already.

She slowly and gracefully turned away, the songstress took a few footsteps and turned her head back towards Max. Her berry colored hair waving slowly along with the movement.

“We should meet up again one of these nights.” She paused, while her blue eyes watch the Mekhet with intensity.

“We never know… maybe we end up watching the real fireworks?” she finally added, breaking the silence only to turn back with a small teasing grin.

After that Velma descended of the boat and back to solid land, her night was far from over…
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max returns the chuckle, amused at himself more than anything.* Ahh, then forgive me Ms Star. I tend to take things literally; a byproduct of so much scientific research I suppose. *He raises a curious eyebrow as she talks about "real fireworks", but decides to leave it for now.

He bows his head to Velma as she decides to leave as well.* I suppose I am staying until the end then. Have a safe and pleasant evening. *He says with a slight grin on his face.

He hadn't expected the tempting Daeva to speak again, so Max has to turn back to Velma as she pauses and looks back to him. Where she watches him intently, Max has the same welcoming if a little goofy aire he usually wore.* If you would like, Ms Star. My nights are much less eventful than they used to be; I'm sure I can find the time, whenever you can... *Another bow of the head; and this time Max watches Velma walk away, pondering her words for a few long moments.

Finally, once she was out of his sight, Max shakes his head softly and chuckles to himself. Tonight certainly hadn't turned out the way he'd planned, but it had been interesting none the less. He considers departing as well, but there was one last thing he wanted to do, now that he was here.

The Grand Wyrm makes his way up to the Bridge Deck of the old paddle wheeler, taking his time to leisurely stroll towards the front of the ship. He looks out over the river, marveling at how quiet Sacramento seemed from here. If only appearances matched reality, he thinks to himself.

Max takes a moment to look around and make sure he's alone. Content that he was as the night's festivities begin to wind down, his expression takes on a rather amused smile. If one was close enough to make out the dark figure on the top deck of the steamer, they would see one thin arm reach up and grab an imaginary handle. And if they were close enough to hear over the sound of fading conversations and the party below beginning to break up, they would make out a distinct "Tooot, tooot!" coming from Max's lips.

He had always wanted to do that...*

Page 10 of 10 First ... 6 7 8 9 10
Closed Thread