Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A night at the Ordo I (Open to other Dragons)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

As Slave Raluca and Supplicant Ankers left for the training room upstairs, Aileen turned toward the company left. There was Supplicants Villiers and Walder. Perhaps she could have brought herself to talk to the tiny Mekhet since they seemed to share some studies, but she didn't know the first thing about the newcomer, and kept her quiet, waiting for her superiors to address her.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha gathers her cane and nodding to excuse herself, skips and hobbles over to investigate the visitor. Taking care to pay attention to any odd noises from beyond the door that might signal violent intent.

After carefully checking through a nearby window, she hurries to the door to allow Nikola in;

"Good evening, sir! Good evening! Do come in, please! I am sorry to have kept you at the doorstep!" she gestures with a free hand to usher Nikola inside. All smiles.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

T
    Thom

"A very well set out argument, Slave McFarlane." Adler nods approvingly when Aïleen has made her contribution to the current discussion. "You do seem to understand what our Order searches after." When he speaks the emphasised do, he throws a quick, but meaningfull glance over at the monk.

When Brother Racula announces his departure, Adler gives him a slight nod of the head, "It is good that we got further acquainted, Slave Teodor Racula."

As his cousin leads the recalcitrant monk upstairs and the Herald gets up to open the front door, he returns his attention to the only person left - the shy Mekhet. "Forgive me if I already asked, Slave McFarlane," Adler does his best to smile encouragingly, "But I wonder: have you already started to chase the Dragon's Tail?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

While Aileen had been glad to hear that her answer had been appreciated, her pleasure hadn't lasted. Even though she was barely meeting Supplicant Walder, he was her superior in the Order, and Aileen had at least a passing duty to be honest about her studies to him. She would rather he had asked another question, though.

I haven't yet, Supplicant Walder. My Sire and mentor so far had advised me to pursue other fields before. His counsel had been to postpone that lesson until further notice.

She then paused for a second, but felt entitled to a question of her own, and started toying with a lock of her hairs as she askde. Have you found it to be a satisfying lesson, Supplicant Walder ?

T
    Thom

"And your mentor is quite right in instructing you so," he nods. Adler's thoughts, for a moment, drift back to those first years: studying at New York's university evening program to round out gaps in his knowledge; the time he spend in the rural areas outside of the urban conglomeration to experience what is needed to survive without the familiarity of the city; the strange tongues of beasts he learned to speak.

"I would not say the Chase is satisfying." there is a shimmer of weariness in his eyes, as he stares at a distant horizon, "In fact, if anything, it has enlarged my appetite - increased my hunger." It is left unsaid what kind of hunger it is that is referred to here. But perhaps that makes the use of that word all the more poignant. "Did the lesson teach me something? Definitely. Without it I would still be Slave to the Order. Tell me," he directs his eyes back to the brunette vampire, "Has your mentor told you what this lesson entails?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen shook her head in denial, as she hadn't really spoken about it at length with Ashek. She knew the basic tenets though, and she wasn't eager to learn that.

You bring about someone's death, and follow the ripples it brings into society.

Her voice was cold as she recited the core of the lesson.

B
    BloodSorcerer

Nikola was slightly surprised by Martha opening the door though he made no reaction,He looked Martha in the eyes as he smiled charmingly Ahhhh.Herald Martha Viliers what a pleasure it is to see you again,and it was no trouble after all one can not be too careful these nights"He stepped inside and upon quickly taking in his surroundings he turned to Martha "How have you and your studies been these past nights ?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a happy giggle, Martha stepped aside to allow Nikola in and close the door after him. Watching him as he spoke to meet his gaze with equal delight, "Ah! Thank you! A delight to see you too, sir! I have been well enough, thank you, sir! My studies, I hope, advance...yet it is a struggle I enjoy! I hope you have been well too! Do...please...sir...enter! Some have gone to the rooms above to study and work...some of us are in the room close by in discussion...please join us, if you wish! You will be welcome!" As she spoke she found a need to rub hard at her crippled hip, but kept smiling sweetly. A small hand gesture is also made, emphasizing the invite to join her in other room.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread